If only there was a Taveuni Island Resort in all of the places that we travel! Lovely large and well appointed (bures) villas. The rooms were spotless with discrete service several times a day - always fresh towels. The bathroom included an open air shower and had local Fijian personal care products which were very nice. The views of the ocean from the non waterfront villas were not compromised due to the landscaping and positioning of the villas. Lots of room between the villas giving privacy and the feeling that you have your own lawn and garden. The grounds and gardens are colourful, immaculate and landscaped to give each bure total privacy. The staff are exceptional and address you by your name. The atmosphere is one of being part of an extended family. Do and Rick, the owners, and their sons, take a great deal of pride and attention to detail and that is also reflected in the staff. The food was excellent - a nice variety, very healthy, fresh and a delicious blend of local and standard fare. We understand that the family also has a farm nearby where they source most of the ingredients. Special meals and entertainment were arranged for Christmas and New Years and a local band played music on many nights. Because this is a small resort there was the opportunity to socialize and develop friendships with the other guests who were from various parts of the world. Or if you wished to have a meal in your bure that was also possible. There are many things to do (snorkeling off the beach, kayaking) and others part of an excursion. The pool is a good size for swimming or for lounging. The resort referred us to Taveuni Ocean Sports for diving (see separate review) which was excellent and arranged for excursions to the Tavoro Falls and Bouma Park. The spa is intimate with a great variety of treatments using local products. There is a great gift shop with quality handicrafts and other items. Relaxation and getting away from it all was easy to do and we only wish we could have stayed longer. Of course, returning for another visit will be a very easy decision to make.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This award winning resort is a perfect destination for those seeking a luxurious, romantic, adventurous location. This jewel of the Pacific accommodates just 14 privileged couples in large, private, beautifully appointed bures, each enjoying unsurpassed panoramic views. This is a verdant paradise for nature lovers and lovers of nature, home to dense rain forests, 100's of waterfalls & rivers, white sand beaches, world class fishing and diving and wonderful cultural experiences. Enjoy our friendly staff, organic foods and homemade pasta's & gourmet island cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Taveuni Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taveuni Island Hotel Taveuni Island
- Taveuni Island Resort And Spa