having visited several ICH I was looking forward to this one. We tend to go to Egypt at least once a year and have stayed at the Hyatt,Marriott and SAS Radisson in Taba.
We went for the all inclusive option as usual in Egypt as we do not enjoy the discussions over the bar charges at the end of the week.
The food was at best mediocre in terms of selection, presentation and qaulity. It was clear that due to the Hotel being only a third full that staff had been laid off and the cooking team reduced. There was little organistaion either in the restaurant at breakfast or at dinner. Tables were not laid and unused knifes and forks from previous guests were used on our table and not changed for clean ones.
There seems to be a reluctants at Egyptian hotels to let grown ups have wine at dinner it comes in very small glasses and one is often left waiting for a glass which I am sure is rationed,although the qaulity is always questionable.
This hotle has a great beach and one of the few that allows guests to walk into the sea ,however the beds are in dire need of updating with the mattress,s split,dirty and worn out.The beach waitering staff were good and over worked due to staff cut backs.
Our room was okay not up to the usual ICH level and no where near a 5* level.
The Airport at Taba never fails to surprise me .A complete lack of thought and process on arrival. A plane holding 200+ people are made to Q for passport control due to ONE official checking passports. Another checks his ckeck and another and another ,you get the picture. I cannot believe that Thomsons - Longwoods etc have not told or asked the guys running this place that a first veiw of the country is an important one and this aint good.
We will go to Egypt again but beware 5* aint 5* and AI means you are continually asked to go Al a carte I guess this is for better food although this should not be the case !!!!!!!!!!!1
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strand Golf Beach & Golf Resort Taba Heights is part of a premier resort community on the Red Sea coast. Surrounded by desert mountains, white sand beaches and turquoise waters, it offers a wealth of leisure options including golf, water sports, shopping and gaming. A short drive away are Pharaoh s Island, Colored Canyon and the Taba Protected Area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Strand Beach and Golf Resort Taba Heights reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Taba Heights Hotel Taba
- Hotel Intercontinental Taba Heights
- Intercontinental Hotel Taba Heights
- Taba Intercontinental
- Taba Heights Intercontinental