Movenpick Resort Taba
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
2,882 results
All reviewsseashells restaurantsea shellsmain restaurantanimation teamchinese restaurantfishbeach barkids clubindoor poolevening showsisraeli borderspecial thanksrelaxing holidayprivate beachbig thanksall inclusive dealscuba diving
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Despite of initial turbulences referring to the unexpected number of regional guests whose way of presence had overwhelmed me at the beginning, thanks to personal commitment of the hotel management and staff in addressing that issues, Movenpick hotel appeared to be perfect place for relaxing holidays. So then special thanks to Mr. Mahmoud Amin and Mr. Ayman Messallam.
Breathtaking view almost form each room which is specious, cozy and equipped with all you need during holidays. The little weak point of accommodation is just “thin” walls and doors which can be closed from outside only by banging (what kids love to do). Main restaurant is a typical holiday resort cafeteria which unfortunately changes into “filthy playground” when the hotel is fully stocked with neighborhood countries guests. The food is pretty ok. Try a dinner at Sea Shell restaurant and shisha at Sharazad coffee shop are fully recommended (live band playing traditional oriental music makes this experience even more amazing). Sandy beach is wide and surely you will find some secluded spot to enjoy your sunbathing away from your more active and show off co-guests. The view over the Akaba Bay is lovely. The beach directly at the sea line is a little gravel, but there is no need for protection shoes to get into the sea, perfect for swimming, not so much for playing with kids as the water becomes very deep just few meters ahead of beach line. Friendly and committed animation team providing some soft workout in the morning and entertainment in the evening.
What I would like to underline here is my 100% satisfaction with “hands on” service provided at any place of the hotel (friendly and committed staff)l, from the room service, through beach service, ending (last, but not least) with the Front Desk assistance. And all this without any “pushy” expectation of bakszysz (what often happens at Egyptian resorts).
Tip: Before you book your holidays at Movenpick and in Taba general, do not hesitated to contact the hotel and find out the booking status in terms of guests profile at given time. Avoid neighborhood countries (Israel, Palestinian, Jordan) holidays time unless you love being in the center of "tornado" ;)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Executi, Manager at Movenpick Resort Taba, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your trip advisor review.

we are very glad that you enjoyed your holiday with us and the staff and managment were able to provide you a positive experince.

i agree on your suggestion to contact the hotel directly to check the booking status.

Thank you and we are looking forward to welcome you again in Taba.

Best Regards
Mahmoud Amin

Reviewed 17 April 2012

Oh what can I say about this hotel. The hotel was large on very large grounds, which were maintained to the highest standards. We got upgraded on arrival to a bungalow overlooking the sea and beach, it was huge, with a seperate lounge area. The cleaner Mohammed was very considerate and the cleaning was excellent, he went out of his way for anything that we required, and even for things we did not, ie: dressing gowns and slippers, extra water etc. it was very much appreciated. The food, well I can only say was brilliant, we were driven, by golf cart to the Sea Shells restaurant the first night and the food was wonderful, we then ate for the rest of the first week in the main restaurant, during this time, one of the waiters accidentally spilt a drink down my trousers, well you would think they had committed a crime, the staff were so apologetic, they then laundered the trousers and had them delivered to our room. The Restaurant Manager Mr Ayman El Dosoky went out of his way to help me as I have an allergic reaction to gelatine, and called the chef, Mr Mohammed Ragab, he then went through all the desserts and told me the ones that were fine for me to eat. He then went out of his way and made us special desserts on several occasions, without gelatine. My Husband has Diabetes and he told us of a tea they drink called Cackadee--Hibiscus, we call it, but it has to be from Aswan, Mr Ragab, then proceeded to order a bag of this for us and also some Black Honey, especially for us to take home with us. The second week we ate in the Sea Shells Rest. Due to the hotel being rather full, of people from Israel on their easter holidays, apparently this is all of April. The staff and especially Mr Ragab, went out of their way to make us feel welcome at mealtimes and every time we saw them around the complex. They even cook us special meals the second week. Mr Rabag also sent to our room a large bowl of fruit. This We think is above and beyond their work remit. We could not have been treated any better, Like Lord & Lady Muck excuse the pun... The animation team were fantastic, especially as we were the only English people in the hotel for the second week, they made us feel very very welcome, especially Laura,(fromScotland) Minr and the others, were always smiling. I commented to Laura halfway through the holiday how wonderfully clean all the toilets were, to which she introduced me to the General Manager Mr Osama Abaza, I told him how wonderful I thought the hotel was and he was most grateful for our comments. He then sent to our room a very large of fruit and nuts. We had a massage and reflexology the first week, & I must say that Gouda is the best (oh how I love you), he sorted out my shoulder that had been troubling me for a year and that resulted in my hip being put back into alignment, and now I can walk freely again. Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to be pampered a bit, and enjoy a quite time away. There is nothing to do except rest. If you want life, you will need to go to Sharm. But this was by far the most restful holiday we have ever had, just what we needed.. Please English People give it try, the people of Taba need our support. Please go and rest your weary limbs.. No upset tummies, the sun was hot, you need a coverup in the evenings. It was GOOD, VERY VERY GOOD.

Room Tip: Take good shoes, the pathways are a little uneven, but there were disabled ramps etc. The bungalows a re worth the upgrade.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your trip advisor review.

We are very delighted that you have had an enjoyable stay with us.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences about your recent visit in our hotel. It was a great pleasure to read your valuable and encouraging feedback as we certainly value your comments, and it is imperative for us to improve.

and especially your praise of our employeesand the management team. It is a great pleasure for us to share your comment with all our team members which gives them a great motivation to deliver a high quality of services with a personal touch to all of our guests

Thank you and we are looking forward to welcome you again in Taba.

Best Regards

Reviewed 13 April 2012

Movenpick Hotel vacation gives you a pleasant feeling, and leaves you with a taste of more ...

Room Tip: All rooms are spacious and large. You should get the top floors rooms for couples, the scenery breathtaking. The families will take the ground floor rooms is correct.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your trip advisor reveiw.

we are very glad that you enjoyed you holiday with us.

and looking forward welcoming you back to moevenpick Taba.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

Stayed here March 2009 but just realised my review hasnt stuck!!

First impressions of the hotel were great, personalised check in and shown to our room and made to feel very welcome, we then went down for dinner and the sheer amount of people in the dining room, most of which were Russian was very off putting. The only way we were able to get someone to serve us drinks was to wave a $1 bill!
Fortunately the Management seemed to realise that the Russian and English guests dont mix all that well and the very next day all English guests got a letter through their doors to say that English guests were getting their very own smaller and dedicated dining room - which turned out to be perfect!
We went on to have a very enjoyable stay at this hotel, we found the staff to be very friendly, the food good quality and the location perfect.
We all especially enjoyed being able to snorkel just off the hotels beach which was amazing!!
I would go back again for a short holiday if I knew that the English guests and Russian guests would be seperate again.
Be aware its windy in March!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank boopy79
Executi, Manager at Movenpick Resort Taba, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your TA comments.

we are very delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

i have shared your comments with the staff and they appreciated them.

please contact us directly for further information .

we are looking forward to welcome you again in Taba

Mahmoud Amin

Reviewed 9 April 2012

I loved the hotel itself , i loved the service especially Mohamed El-Ezazy he's such a respectfull guy ! ( at the reception) .. Loved the beach and i think anyone who goes there should definitley try to parasail it's AWESOME !!

Room Tip: I Always Took The Rooms That Were Near The Pool And Beach On The Ground Floor ! The Deluxe Rooms :)
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your comments on TA.

We are glad that you have had a nice holiday with us.

i will share your review with Azazy and i am sure he will appreciate it.

indeed many Guests do Parasailing and they love it.

thank you and looking forward welcoming you soon.