“Fantastic All Inclusive Holiday!!!!”

Sofitel Taba Heights
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Taba
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic All Inclusive Holiday!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

I just came back from a seven day holiday in this hotel and i cannot fault it in any way or shape, the Hotel itself is amazing, very beautiful, well kept and very very clean, the reception area is fantastic and i love the dome in the middle of the entrance which is decorated with a few star constelations.
Check in was fast and efficient as there was loads of staff to make it run smooth and stress free.
We could not have asked for a better room, spacious, spotless and had everything you need.
Troughout the holiday the staff was fantastic and very very friendly and they always had a smile on their face!!!
Breakfast was delicious and again had everything you could imagine, from fresh fruit, freshly baked pastries, yoghurts, salads, fresh bread,cooked breakfast too(altough the sausages where beef instead of pork, but they were so delicious had them every single day) there is also pancakes and waffles with toppings to go on these too, there are two little stations in the restaurant where you can order your fried eggs and also fresh omeletes(they were fantastic).
During the day you can(from 12.00pm) get some snacks(chips, pizza, salad and something from the grill everyday and also ice creams and pancakes) from the lotus bar which is by the main pool .
Dinner at the Sofitel was very good(please note that they operate a no shorts policy for dinner time) fantastic food with plenty of choice, the desserts where delicious,we always went to the adults only restaurant(there is another one but its always full of families with kids and of course very loud and noisy so its fantastic that we have the option to choose where we want to eat) they also do some "theme days", they had fish day where they had a massive grill just outside the restaurant where you could get your freshly grilled fish which was fantatsic.
The hotel has its own beach which is fantastic and there are always lots of spaces left.
There is also a Shisha bar just by the beach, amazing and very relaxing(try the apple and cherry flavour!!)
If you like snorkeling this is a fantastic spot as the coral reef is just at your feet(we walked down the beach to the third pier once and we saw an octopus, a sea snake and two lion fish and lots of other sean creatures.
There is a bar near reception where our party used to get some cocktails before we went for dinner.
There is also a smaller pool on the right hand side of the hotel if you dont like all the noise and running around of all the kids in the main pool( this is fantastic because there is no balls allowed, no running, no games,no diving, just a relaxing area for people that just want to lay by the pool without worrying about other people being noisy(Ideal if you like reading books during your holiday).
I will defenitly come back to the Sofitel in the future as i want to go on some of the trips that they have to Jordan and lots of other places from here.
Entertainment was good and there is always something going on at night by the Lotus bar.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Ahmed and his staff restaurant for the amazing service you provided and thank you for being very helpful.
Love this hotel and would recomend it to annyone that wants a stress free and very relaxing holiday.

2 Thank Tuga_Reviews
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (662)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
portsmouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

This was our 4th time at the Sofitel Hotel and was just as good as our first visit in 2007. we stayed for two weeks during the easter holidays and although the hotel was very busy this did not impact in any way the level of service or the enjoyment of the holiday. The staff at the hotel are exemplary, the service in our opinion is faultless, the food, cleanliness of the hotel overall and the standard of the room excellent. We will be returning to Sofitel again next year with our 3 children and would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing holiday with guaranteed sunshine and superb facilities.

Room Tip: We had a garden view but still had a lowly view of the red sea.
2 Thank KirstenPortsmouth
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

My husband and I spent a week at the Sofitel Taba Heights all inclusive from March 31st through April 7th which was sadly too short!
I can highly recommend this hotel. The staff was BEYOND wonderful despite their daily 12 hour shifts and the hotel itself is beautiful and well kept. The gardens are green and lush and this despite being next to the Sinai desert!
I was reluctant going to Taba Heights as I am a quite active person but I was not disappointed in the slightest way. ( You are in a resort of luxury hotels only. There are NO authentic villages to be visited on foot and quite obviously not for safety reasons though at no point did we ever not feel secure!)
We arrived quite late and as per previous Trip Advisor reviews we upgraded to the 2nd building with a sea view (about 150$ per week per room) I do recommend this building or the 3rd building ( though I'm sure that not all rooms have sea view) and not the 1st building as you are close to the main restaurant and pool and bar. However we did not wait to be given our initial room as the hotel was quite full so perhaps this is not needed....We were in room 2463 which was just amazing, very spacious with a large balcony overlooking the red Sea and Jordan on the left and Saudi in front. We were almost in front of the pier from which you can go snorkeling. The sea was a bit cold when we arrived but heated up as we went from Spring to summer the week we were there. It was SO hot but amazing. The sea is beautiful and I do recommend snorkeling there. We saw so may colorful fish just around the hotel pier.You can rent everything from the dive center office located directly on the beach. It's a bit pricy ( they do not do half days or per the hour) so do not hesitate to bring your own. TIP: Do go to the Hyatt Pier 5 mins on the left of the hotel, it is free of charge and much better for snorkeling!
We chose not to visit Jordan as we had just 6 full nights at the hotel and the 10 hour bus drive for 3 hours on site at 215 euros per person did not really tempt us!) However we went on a full day lovely snorkeling trip on a beautiful sailboat with the local dive center ( organized from the hotel, they are on the beach of the Sofitel, same people who rents out wet suits and snorkeling equipment) Very well organized, lovely and very professional staff and you can also dive if you want to ( on top of the price of the day trip but VERY good value)
All in all, I was very impressed with the Sofitel. The only thing that you have to keep in mind is that you are not going to have an upscale gourmet meal...The food was more than fine, somehow a bit repetitive but there is something for everyone. Once again, keep in mind the location and that you cannot possibly have freshly squeezed orange juice in the morning for free with the all inclusive as the hotel has 400 plus rooms! You CAN have this with breakfast if you pay a small supplement though.
A HUGE thank you to the staff and therefore the management at the Sofitel. ALWAYS smiling and trying to keep you happy. The bar staff in particular, NOOR and the lovely waiter who was at the Sunset bar at the pool near building N° 2. They remembered our names after one day and the fact that I only drink white wine!! DO TIP BEFORE YOU CHECK OUT PLEASE though they will NEVER ask for any tips but they work so hard! Also a huge thank you to the lovely guy who took care of our room while we were there. I once forgot to close the safe with all my jewelry and cash inside and nothing was missing. It was lovely to talk to the staff and hear more about the authentic Egypt which I am looking forward to discover!
All in all, I recommend the Sofitel to anyone but especially to families with children as I talked to quite a lot when I visited and they were all in awe of this place as were we.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank AnnBee2006
Tanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

I have visited Sofitel Taba Heights. It was an amazing 3 days. I was there for business,but at night, the life there has deleted my tiredness. The service was amazing; room service, cleanliness, places, hospitality and food. I hope to go there again, as a groom with me bride.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Ahmed G
brixham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

This is my 1st ever review as i cannot usually be bothered as i have not been impressed enough. This hotel exceded my expectations. I had worried taking two blonde teenage daughters on my own (a much older but still blonde woman) but my fears were unfounded , the staff were wonderful and very professional. The food was good with plenty of choice, not amazing but fresh and hygenically prepared. all corridors and public places were spotless entertainment was low key,tasteful and unintrusive, perfect for us.Usual fight for sun beds but staff would move beds anywhere you wished.Bar services great- inventing non alcholic cocktails and making hot chocolates late at night! would gladly return for a truly relaxing break.So highly recommended it my brother has booked for 3 weeks time.

4 Thank Diane L