“very poor”
Review of Otium Hotel Golden

Otium Hotel Golden
Ranked #136 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 4 January 2012

this resort is very poor we have just came back and wished we book at another hotel,
the food was cold and was the same every night
there is 2 pools first pool next to the resturant u can only get soft drinks or pay for coffee
the second pool you can get beer and spirits but taste awfull
if you want to go to the beach they provide a bus at the bottom of the complex that takes you there only 5 mins or you can walk it in 10 easy
at the beach you can get soft drinks and snacks only but its worth a visit if only to swim with the fish in the sea that was amazing
this should be a self catering resort an the food available is poor and the drinks are like paint stripper even the coke sprite and orange taste bad
if you go out of the main enterance turn left you will find a pizza shop around £2.50 or a bit further down the road on the right a big shopping centre where you can find mc donalds , kfc pizza hut , starbucks and more
for the good parts the entertainment crew work hard we saw them every night on the stage (kids club ) doing the routine on there own and the guys in the resturant are very polite
in our oppinion this hotel is not a 4 star

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank covUK
Fathy E, General Manager at Otium Hotel Golden, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2012

Thank you for the review and for your comments which well help us in the future and we do appreciate but we do serve every night different buffets covering all guests needs international and national foods. the pool bar is serving soft drinks, tea, coffee, water & snakes during tea time & the other pool bar is serving local spirits, beer, soft drinks and water for all our all inclusive guests
just for your info. we do have & enjoy good number of returned guests and we would love to see you again in our Resort.
sincere regards
Fathy El Mougy
Resident Manager
Shores Aloha & Golden

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Otium Hotel Golden

Reviewed 16 October 2011

not long come back from shores golden egypt after being there for 2 weeks. The hotel was clean and the rooms were cleaned every day. The staff in the restaurant couldnt have been more helpful. As soon as they saw you coming to the restaurant they had your drink on the table and was escorting you to it. The only set back was that there were only 8 british people there and the rest were russian and polish. The animation team were ok. All the animation was spoken in russian and polish. There were 4 russian girls who spent most their time chatting with their own and the polish and didnt even bother with the brits. One of them ( Regina was pleasant enough). The egyptian lads on the animation team on the other hand couldnt have been more pleasant. Hany the dj, islam and shareef were more than pleasant. A big hand to them. The food was a bit the same every day and bland. would like to have seen more egyptian food than food for russian and polish people..overall brilliant holiday but wouldnt go back to this hotel..unless they catered for more english.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Anne M
Reviewed 9 October 2011

Myself and my wife stayed here early dec 2010. This was our 3rd all inclusive visit to Sharm El Sheik so we had a good idea what to expect, be it accomadation, food and entertainment etc. We arrived late (11pm) and were a bit perplexed to find the entire hotel complex was virtualy silent. This was when we discovered everything,bars,resturants close around that time. We were gutted as our only alternative for the week for nightlife was Naama Bay which I detest because of the constant HASSLING from the bar and resturant staff there. Dont get me wrong I think of myself as a very laid back bloke, but that carry on leaves me steaming.
Anyway our room In the Golden shores was lovely with a good sea view. Unfortunately we were plagued with the mozzies and the 2 of us were flitered with bites. The management were very helpful constantly spraying the room though.
The pool areas are very well laid out and the pool-bar with music aided in making it relaxing enough. Pity the pool was brass monkeys. The beach down the road was excellent . Its in a sister hotel of the shores about a 5-10min walk. The snorkling there is truly amazing. We were there at the time of the shark alert but we still had to try it....I told my wife " just make sure that someone else is swimming in front of you and we'll be grand" boom boom.
The food in the resort was not especially to my liking, lots of salads,rice and local meat dishes. But herself loved it any..
This resort caters mainly for Russians who can be overly enthusiastic come meal and entertainment times looking to get their moneys worth. We were the only Irish couple there but mingled well with some truly lovely English people.
The staff there are very attentive to the guests needs, but after our three visits to Egypt it does get a bit tiring watching them hustle for the attention of the best tippers etc. This is not a negative comment as I am well aware of their economic situation....
Overall for the price paid it was a lovely holiday and would reccomend this resort to anyone laid-back and not too fussy..

Room Tip: E-mail the resort direct beforehand reqesting sea view on the first floor. They will accomadate your...
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank terryot
Reviewed 27 September 2011

The hotel was fantastic overall. The rooms were nice, we didn't have much of a view but it didn't matter as we didn't spend much time in there. Both pools were great. One with a bar in so that was great. Spent most afternoons just chilling out in the pool. The weather was brilliant and even late at night it was still hot. The food was fab. They had a great choice every meal and a grill with something different every night. The puddings were all great aswell. The same waiter served us the whole time. He had drinks waiting for us and saved us a nice table at lunch. He was 5* service. I would say the only thing that let the hotel down was the entertainment they only really did stuff for the Russians. But everyone seemed to be friendly. All in all the holiday was fantastic, great value for money and would love to go back.

• Stayed: October 2010
2  Thank annieNorthEngland
Reviewed 10 March 2011

It was kind of Italian style holiday. A bit noisy, a bit crazy, with lots of Italian food.
I liked this hotel's style - it was friendly and cosy. Same waiter showing me to the table and bringing wine for my dinner every day. Same barman offering coffee in the afternoon. Same pool guy providing fresh towel. Excellent world music by the front pool.

Guests are mostly Russian and Italian. Not everybody likes their style. But once you get used to somewhat noisy animation stuff, it is not bad.

Initially I got a room with a rather nasty view. But I asked reception desk clerk (Adel) to change it - and I got a room with a big balcony and a view over the sea. And the room was huge. I loved it! (Can I, please, get the same room next time?)

Foooood.... I especially enjoyed Egyptian night dinner in the hotel - we got rice with lentils, peas, and - as usual - freshly baked kind of bread. Not to mention lots of vegetables (I got crazy about zucchini) Yumm....

All staff members were kind and polite. Some guests must have seemed really annoying (eg drunk Russians and Poles) but I could see not a single sign of rudeness from the staff. Patient guys.

The beach of the hotel is located some 400m from the hotel. Which was really good - I had a chance to move a little between sessions of eating. But if you are super lazy - you can also have a lift by hotel bus (it's free). Also, free bus to Naama Bay (if you're looking for a night life).

To sum up - it was excellent. I want it again!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo