3,273 results
All reviews aqua park animation team great holiday special thanks big thanks family holiday bar staff naama bay plenty of sunbeds florets egypt sea pools entertainment disco guys slides
Reviewed 24 December 2014

Having just returned from this resort in DEC14. Firstly, this is not a 4 star hotel as we know it.
Furthermore, if you cant mix with Russians this is NOT for you. Russians are approx 95% of the guests. although the hotel have tried to create seperate areas for non Russians, Russians ignore all rules and the hotel staff have no control over them leading to lots of problems.
The accommodation is clean and to a reasonable standard for the price, the resort is good, the staff are most helpful . Special thanks to RAMY the pool attendant who was the most helpful throughout the stay.
On the whole considering the price its good value for the money. Would I return possibly NO mainly due to the problems with the Russians.
Be warned the WIFI is not free , a expensive charge applies & it does not work, numerous people complained they could not link up.

Room Tip: F & E block faces the sea & is not so noisey as other ares , However, depends if you have Russians in your block they are not the quietest of people.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank johngLouth
Reviewed 12 December 2014

When we arrived in Sharm on the 7th October our transfers were waiting and ready to take us to our hotel where we were starving after having a day of travelling. When we arrived at the hotel first impressions where good and the butler staff were friendly and kind and helped us with our bags after we was given our room the butler came with us to help with bags after arriving at our room the butler waited by the door quick thinking made me realise he was waiting to be tipped (little did we know that was only the start of tipping and his much you had to tip just to get a fresh towel and water).

I said to my husband let's go and grab something from the restaurant as we hadn't eaten all day! On walking into the floret restaurant we were greeted with an horrid smell and what I can only describe as tramps that hadn't seen a meal for weeks ( Russians) it was like a cattle market I witnessed people running for food pushing people out the way it was a sight that I suddenly thought I hope I don't have to see this for the whole 2 weeks I'm here?

Yet again little did I know that this was the norm and I was to put up with this 3 times a day, if I wanted to eat. Then we get on to the food, the food standard was very very poor not having anything that remotely catered for an English person for breakfast there was one pacific dish that looked awful (See Attachment) it was brown awful slop that put me off everytime I went up to 'try' and find something to eat. Lunchtime and evening time was no better the only thing we found edible was the pancakes but then you had to stand your ground in a cue otherwise you would either get pushed or barged out the way!

The hotel did provide us 'English' with an ALL English bar where you could get a drink and I guess this is the only place you could enjoy a drink in peace this bar was called Wifi bar that being said the wifi never worked in there the whole time we was there! It's probably best I now mention the quality of the alcohol that they serve too, now I like a vodka and coke and thought you can't really go wrong and after the previous couple days I had spent in this awful hotel I thought I had best start making use of the All Inclusive as let's face it you certainly couldn't get your monies worth where the food was concerned!

On getting my vodka and coke I sat down to enjoy my drink but what caught my eye as I went to take a sip blew me away and I thought brilliant The Regency Plaza strikes again, the bar tender picked up the same bottle that my vodka come from tipped some on a cloth and started to clean the bar down with it! Now you might say 'at least the bar was clean' needless to say my vodka and coke got left and me my husband went back to the room in disgust hoping for a better day! The next day after being on holiday for a good couple of days we noticed that we hadn't had our fresh basket of fruit that was documented on our paper work! So I mentioned it to the reception thinking if we had some fresh fruit we may be able to at least enjoy a banana or an orange, but on return to our room we opened the door to what I can only describe as rotten sewage smell I said to my husband what the hell is that smell, it was our 'fresh fruit' I was suddenly regretting asking for it as I investigated the fruit to see why it smelt so awful I come across something that was the size of a plum that was covered in fur and mould which in turn was making all the other fruit go off (see attachment) At this point I thought this has got to be the worst honeymoon ever and I then began to wish my days away.
When we contacted them on our return they denied all knowledge of any complaints avoid avoid avoid!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2014
12  Thank Lucypet
Regency_Club, Owner rep. at Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Dear Lucypet,
We are really so sorry for all the miss organization from our side regarding your honey moon.
We had in the past year a lot of changes in our services and staff. We hope to have you again as our precious guests and we are quite sure that we will reach your full satisfaction.
Kindly contact us before you plan your next vacation in Sharm.
Best regards from our team.

Reviewed 12 December 2014

I was vacationing with his family in the Regency Plaza month ago, and i like our journey very much) the service is good, food is also tasty) the rooms are large and comfortable) but most of all I was struck by the animation there! animators are very sociable, interesting, funny and cheerful people! every day new competitions, games, shows! especially want to highlight the best animotors!!!: Andrey Biryukov and Dima (do not know the surname), also Ivanka Prudivus, Sonia Tomasi, Anna Guleva, Jacopo Spanu and chief animator Ali Kissba, they did not let us get bored and sad, did our vacation a wonderful and unforgettable) I thank them very much!

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sonya K
Regency_Club, Director of Sales at Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2014

Dear Sonya
Greetings from Regency Plaza Aqua Park – Sharm El Sheik
We would like to thank you very much for having been our guest recently and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback about your vacation experience.
So wonderful to learn, that you had such a fantastic time at our hotel and we are looking forward to welcoming you soon again for another brilliant holiday.

Reviewed 8 December 2014 via mobile

It has been a wonderful holiday . Very friendly and prudent hotelteam and managment.Also ideal for families with children. Great pool and garden plants. Directly on the sea. Ideal for kitesurfing.
Great theme restaurants. Pizza on the beach. Hard to believe. Super. Thank you for that. It has been a joy.

شكرا لك على وقت كبير اندريه وميل

Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Orientexp
Regency_Club, Director of Sales at Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2014

Dear Our Lovely Client
Greetings from Regency Plaza Aqua Park – Sharm El Sheik
Thank you for displaying your satisfaction of your recent stay ,we hope to have the pleasure delivering further memorable moments in the future.

Reviewed 8 December 2014

We always stay at the Regency for its close proximity to KiteJunkies. The staff are always very welcoming and attentive in all areas of the hotel. The rooms are clean and quite large. The gardens are kept beautifully and some of the unique features are frequently used as backdrops for photos! Since our last visit the beach bar has been upgraded and they now have a more extensive menu which is on offer from lunchtime onwards. The cooking area has been expanded so the queuing time is negligible. The Oriental restaurant is our favourite as meat freshly cooked and very tasty...... it overlooks the water park and pools which is rather nice.
We look forward to our next visit in March.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
Regency_Club, Manager at Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2014

Dear Skibunny