“Absolutely Amazing!!!!!!! Would Highly Recommend”
Review of Ocean Club Hotel

Ocean Club Hotel
Ranked #199 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Having just come back from this wonderful hotel, I can honestly say my first time in Egypt and I am bowled over with everything... I cannot find a fault with anything... The food was amazing, cleanliness was out of this world and the staff couldn't do enough for you. My husband celebrated his birthday whilst there and they even provided a birthday cake. There is a chance for some pampering by Tito and his team, I would certainly recommend a full head massage and foot massage, they have magic hands.. Will most definitely be going there again, I can see this being my second home. From the start of our holiday to the end Superb...... As for Ali on reception, he is just absolutely adorable.....cheeky cheeky!!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rachel P
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 22 March 2013

I returned last night from my 4th visit to Sharm. The first in 2005 to Ocean Club followed by another the year after. I was really pleased back then with the holiday. 3 yrs ago I stayed in a different hotel, supposedly 4* and swore I would go back to Ocean Club next time. We did, and what a fantastic holiday. Obviously the weather was wonderful though the hotel has no claim to that but what they do do they do brilliantly.

We stayed B&B and next time will go all inclusive. I was sceptical because of reviews of all Egypt hotels saying the food is the same daily. This is not the case here and we chose to have the buffett 3 times during our stay, very unusual for this very very picky eater. The food was indeed a little on the cool side however the management are aware of this and trying to find a solution to this but the flavour and variety was fantastic. Something different every day and the veg was immaculately prepared.

The bedroom floor was not as clean as I'd like when we arrived (crawling baby to consider) but when I mentioned this at reception there was someone to clean it within minutes. This at 6 in the evening. Pretty good. The place is indeed basic, but for such a cheap hotel what do you expect, the Ritz??? The shower could have done with a bit of tlc in the cleaning department (water didnt drain very well) but was not a big issue.

A real bonus that there was a fridge in the room, for a non self catering cheap and cheerful this was a great surprise (I dont remember if there was one last time I was there). And fantastic to have aircon which we used every night all night. Its a little noisy but better than the heat. I have paid huge sums to have aircon in Turkey so it is great that this is included here.

The staff cant do enough for you, Ahmed in the restaurant was brilliant and the towel guy too. He would lay out our towels on beds he knew we liked before we even made it out of bed.

I had treatments from both places on site. One does Massage (I dont recommend this unless you have the chap do it. The lady gave me 30 mins of a 1hr full body. He did the rest the next day and was great but it doesnt compare to a Decleor massage here in the UK). Tito and his merry men however are amazing. I had a facial and head massage, a hot oil treatment on my feet and a pedicure. Tito and Hassiem work at the same time on head and feet to the beat of music played. It was amazing. Hassiem does a great pedi. Tito's other chap (now nicknamed waterboy (youll have to ask why when you get there) did breads on my hair on my last day and I love them.

Its a lovely little hotel with about 70 rooms so its personal and quite. As mentioned elsewhere, the beach is not particulary plesant however if you are prepared to pay for a private beach you cant do better than Al Farar. Its a pretty expensive one at £6 each for the day but so definately worth it. It was quiet, lovely towels (included for the £6) and a bottle of water. As its a private hotel beach there are no hawkers trying to get you to buy all sorts of things. The reef there is lovely and you will enjoy a good snorkel if you are that way inclined. Highly recommended.

Management listened to what was said about prices and drinks on offer and changed it while we were there. Beer went down from £2,5 to £1.5 while we were their. They are open to listening to feedback if given in a constructive and useful way. Dont moan about something, find a solution and present it. Remember though, you do get what you pay for. If you want 5 star, pay 5 star and be down with it. But as for value for money you simply cant go wrong here.

Shopping in Sharm is brill but you need to have your wits about you. You must haggle, dont feel intimidated though, tell them if they are hasseling you and ask them to stop. Most will. Old Sharm is cheaper than Naama bay in general and Naama bay is cheaper than Soho Square but the stuff is basically the same everywhere so if you dont like a price or person in one shop, move on to the next. You will get the same thing (though you might not get the same price you haggled down to elsewhere). If you walk away when you have gotten to the top price you will pay, they will follow you to finish the sale if your price was reasonable to them.

Beware of sales tax and service in some restaurants, some include it, some dont. An added 22% can throw you off budget if you are working to a tight one.

Above all, I believe a holiday is as good as the attitude you go with. A complainer will always find something to complain about. If you want uk standards, pay uk prices for accomodation. If you want a fantastic holiday in the sun for not very much money and have the good grace to see beyond financial constraints that mean a shabbier hotel then you will have an amazing holiday.

There are no children activites here, it is primarily a single or couple hotel but we had our 2yr old and the staff were brilliant with him.

One last thing. Mosquitos are to be expected, dont moan about mosquitos. If they are bad in your room, get the staff to treat the room (they did for us) and take good mozzie cream. They are immune to most so spend big here. Worth drinking tonic water for a few days before you go, they dont like the quinine in it.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Pontoef
Reviewed 3 March 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel and without a shadow of a doubt it was the very worst hotel we have ever stayed in. If you don't mind sleeping in filth then you'll love it. There is nothing about this hotel that is any good everything is disgusting the food is cold and has flys crawling around in it. The restaurant is falling apart & the staff are very intimidating & rude. The pool is the dirtiest pool we have ever seen so we couldn't use it the hot tub looks like a pond. The rooms have holes in the wall & live wires hanging out of the wall. All of the outside areas and chairs are covered in filth & the drinks are disgusting and made us very sick. We came home early just to end the ordeal as it was torturous ! Do not use this Hotel you would be better off sleeping in the street !

• Stayed: December 2012
7  Thank MungoBongo
Khaledssh, Manager at Ocean Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

Dear valued guest

We sincerely apologise for your disappointment with service you received at the hotel, there is absolutely no excuse for a poor service.

your review (among other similar ones) were a crucial key in making the decision of changing the entire management company at the hotel that has been in place since May 2012.

This took effect on 28th Feb 2013 and now the previous management team is in charge, we are optimistic we will get the hotel's reputation and service level back again to were it used to be before May 2012

It is our mission to be again that little hotel with friendly staff offering the great personalised service and the exceptional good value

We will be ever so glad if you decided to repeat your visit and hopefully make it up to you

We thank you very much again for your honest review that contributed to identifying our issues and most certainly assisted in our improvements plan.

Reviewed 2 March 2013

I have stayed at Ocean 4 times over the past 18 months the last time was February 2013 and have loved every minute of it, From the 1st time i went to this lovely little hotel i knew it was special, with its friendly and helpful staff, 2 swimming pools, nice restraunt etc....On my first visit in April last year the hotel was fabulous, on my 2nd and 3rd visit i was aware that things were changing and not for the better, (particularly the mozzies) fortunately on my last visit in February things have started to improve again, im glad to say, and this is in no small part due to the change in management . The staff as always are happy to help, so guys of Ocean keep up the good work to bring this little gem back to what it once was.....and for those who are reading the reviews please dont write this little haven off.......i for one am hoping to return in April...You never know i might see you there....

Room Tip: I love the ground floor rooms beside the front pool
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank AnnMarie0412
Reviewed 23 February 2013

I start visiting this hotel since 2002 and until 2008 was manage by English company and the hotel was the same rooms even less but it was good enough for divers after 2008 some renovation made on the hotel which is add some good things to the hotel view.
But really even with bad or good comments starting from 2002 until now the staff behavior are the same even with changing of the staff them self and the reason is this hotel has a relationship with English guest and the know how to treat guests very well.
I can say this is the best hotel I ever visit and feel comfortable even with mosquitos or any small bad comments all the staff in this hotel are the best you will feel home really Egypt is fantastic and ocean club a real Egyptian hospitality.
i recomended to visit this hotel as bed and breakfast not all inclusive and your comment about food will be 100 percent very nice as they know whats English like they food.

Room Tip: Talk to the staff nicelly they will made your holiday
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends