See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 March 2013

I have stayed at Ocean 4 times over the past 18 months the last time was February 2013 and have loved every minute of it, From the 1st time i went to this lovely little hotel i knew it was special, with its friendly and helpful staff, 2 swimming pools, nice restraunt etc....On my first visit in April last year the hotel was fabulous, on my 2nd and 3rd visit i was aware that things were changing and not for the better, (particularly the mozzies) fortunately on my last visit in February things have started to improve again, im glad to say, and this is in no small part due to the change in management . The staff as always are happy to help, so guys of Ocean keep up the good work to bring this little gem back to what it once was.....and for those who are reading the reviews please dont write this little haven off.......i for one am hoping to return in April...You never know i might see you there....

Room Tip: I love the ground floor rooms beside the front pool
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank AnnMarie0412
Reviewed 23 February 2013

I start visiting this hotel since 2002 and until 2008 was manage by English company and the hotel was the same rooms even less but it was good enough for divers after 2008 some renovation made on the hotel which is add some good things to the hotel view.
But really even with bad or good comments starting from 2002 until now the staff behavior are the same even with changing of the staff them self and the reason is this hotel has a relationship with English guest and the know how to treat guests very well.
I can say this is the best hotel I ever visit and feel comfortable even with mosquitos or any small bad comments all the staff in this hotel are the best you will feel home really Egypt is fantastic and ocean club a real Egyptian hospitality.
i recomended to visit this hotel as bed and breakfast not all inclusive and your comment about food will be 100 percent very nice as they know whats English like they food.

Room Tip: Talk to the staff nicelly they will made your holiday
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank buddey12
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Went to this place on managers recomendation? we knew him from a prior holiday, he was then at a different hotel as a booking manager, but had gone to this dump as Gen; Manager, I had become friendly with him, and kept in touch by email, Ok so I should have taken in all the poor reviews on offer, But, went on holiday there on trust, So much for trust! It is cheep!dirty! rooms are a disgrace,food is only just eadable,(on the odd occasion) bars always short of stock, so its barman off to the supermarket to by enough for the evening?maybe! a mosquito haven with flys and inscets in support,(no fumigation deterrant at all) laundry disgraceful, many holiday clients required doctors,pharmacy, and hospital visits during our short stay there,for a variety of different ailments, Sorry, there is no way this hotel should be allowed to remain open to the holidaymaker!! Yes as the saying goes, you get what you pay for, Ok its dirt cheap, but thats understandable, you get more than you pay for at this place! belly ache, bitten to near death, and sickness, Bye the way Alaa, the Gen, Manager, has moved on to another hotel, clever chap my friend, The O Club used to cater to the diving holidaymaker, and was very popular until several years back, seems they have also moved on to more suitable accomodation for their diving as well, John and his wife at the hotel diving school are lovely people and suffering a bit also and deserve better, good luck, Bob the pool boy, good and lovely man, Achmed Res; waiter thanks mate, Oh and my lovely cats, thank goodness for them spent 3 long weeks rearing them, on milk kitten supplament and tuna sardines etc. My friend Alaa did try to turn this place around on his 6 month managerial challange,(never a chance) Oh and if you choose to try the hotel beach, be prepared to negotiate 200 steps, down and up again, Some people will enjoy this place , i'ts their choice, personally Ithink it should be closed down for health reasons OR a complete overhall and refurbishment might save it? George Mac

Room Tip: had a room with balcony overlooking pool, supposedly one of the better ones ????
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank georgemcwade
Khaledssh, Manager at Ocean Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

Dear valued guest

We sincerely apologise for your disappointment with service you received at the hotel, there is absolutely no excuse for a poor service.

your review (among other similar ones) were a crucial key in making the decision of changing the entire management company at the hotel that has been in place since May 2012.

This took effect on 28th Feb 2013 and now the previous management team is in charge, we are optimistic we will get the hotel's reputation and service level back again to were it used to be before May 2012

It is our mission to be again that little hotel with friendly staff offering the great personalised service and the exceptional good value

We will be ever so glad if you decided to repeat your visit and hopefully make it up to you

We thank you very much again for your honest review that contributed to identifying our issues and most certainly assisted in our improvements plan.

Reviewed 3 February 2013

The staff at the hotel are very friendly, if you ask them for anything they will always help. Ali at reception was friendly and helpful. The pool man is also friendly and would put out our bed every morning. The rooms were cleaned every day with clean sheets and beds. The rooms especially the shower needs attention. We was all inclusive. There was not a great range of food most of the time was slightly on the cold side. But what we had was tasty. The drinks during dinner was either soft drinks or red wine only. We had a manicure, pedicure, eyebrow and facial for £30 quid. It was ok but he was meant to come back on the friday before we left to check our nails. He never showed. I wont bother again with this. The bar next door Tavern 2 is great if your fed up with the same food at the hotel. Home cooked english food and very good value for money. The little shop attached to the hotel was also good as he didnt hassle you like the other places or rip you off. He was very interesting to talk to about ancient Eygpt. You do get what you pay for with this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
19  Thank Diva04
Reviewed 2 February 2013

I booked this hotel as a package on an impulse because of the price, then started checking out trip advisor and began to panic. As the company I booked with was internet based, we could not upgrade before going so was stuck. Everything that's been said about this hotel is true, whether it be positive or negative. This is a place for people who are not going to hang around there, it is solely a place to get you head down and a place to head out from. Sleep, shower, and out all day and night if possible. Forget the amenities, they are for survival only. But its only £11 a night, you have to remember that before complaining about anything. The staff, all men, are away from their womenfolk for months at a time and are sex-starved and desperate. I went to the disco one night out of boredom, and was asked to dance by one of the staff, I thought "why not?", next thing I knew after less than 30 seconds, the man developed a rock hard hard-on and came in his pants! The next morning when I went to breakfast, the rest of the staff were practically forming a queue!!!
Not a place for the older generation who require basic creature comforts, e.g. kettle in room, hair dryer in bathroom. No mini-bar, shower flooded when used, loads of mosquitoes, bedding not changed for the week we were there. Staff friendly but can switch if you ask to much of them, I would not to back there simply because there are far too many other places you can stay for a better experience, i.e. St. George's next door, cheap but Premier Inn level room amenities. When we were leaving a middle aged couple had just arrived who were going to stay there for a month, I felt sorry for them. We booked every trip going just to be out of there. Good luck.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family