“Relaxing and amazing”

Ranked #13 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reading, United Kingdom
“Relaxing and amazing”
Reviewed 6 September 2012

We stayed at the Baron Palms Hotel last year and the hotel was just amazing should have done a review before now. I found it really relaxing and that was just what my husband and I were looking for. We stayed for 10days and the food for the whole of our stay was amazing and we enjoyed the whole experience. All we really did was lay by the pool and eat and drink. There was entertainment for all ages but we would just wanted a quite drink after our quite day at the pool. If you want to get involved you can and the entertainments team seemed to of been keeping everyone happy.
We went to Sharm one night and it was nice to eat somewhere different and have a few drink out of the resort but we did find we spent a lots of money that night..
The resort is nice and I was very happy with the room and the food. By the way the hotel is very clean and they are the most important to me. Drink wise my Husband was very happy but I'm not a big drink but love cocktail and they won't that good but there was always a drink I could find to my taste. Enjoy The Barons it is worth going to if you are looking for fun or just a relaxing time.

Room Tip: The bus from the hotel into town gets full very quick so go in a little earlier.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank warden535
Ismail K, General Manager at Baron Palms Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 13 September 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for thinking of us such a long time after your holiday, it just shows we must have made a great impression on you! Your kinds words are really pleasing and I'm glad you enjoyed your holiday so much, it must be about time to come back and see us all.
Please accept my warmest regards from the Red Sea shores,
Ismail Kalinci
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (552)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Just returned from a week at the Baron Palms. This is an excellent hotel, from the minute you walk through the door until the time you leave nothing is too much trouble for the very friendly and helpful staff.
The garden view room was well equipped with a kingsize bed andall the stuff you would expect from a 5* hotel.....the only down side is the mini bar where you have to pay , if i were management i would change this as this is the only thing that lets you down.
Overall we had an excellent stay and the food was good with a large choice.
Last point the "house" reef.....this was brilliant and the marine life is spectacular.
We will definatly return to this hotel if we return to Sharm.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Paul S
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments and I am so pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We are also very proud of our house reef and would encourage all guests to experience the marine life here, it's a scene just not to be missed.
Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Sharm el Sheikh.
Warm Regards,
Stoke On Trent
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Managers work hard to make you welcome, but unfortunately you do not get 5 Star service from staff. The only area that gets close to 5 Star service was the terrace bar area. Rachel works hard and is lovely and probably deserves to work in a proper 5 star resort.
Would I stay here again NO!

Pool area was Ok but small. Padded sun beds were a bonus. Plenty of umbrellas for shade, but again staff need to do more, pay more attention. We found ourselves moving sun beds and umbrellas. Which was not a problem for us, but you don't expect this from true 5 star resort. The staff seemed more interested in getting you play volley ball or joining in water aerobics than actually helping move umbrellas/sun beds/ getting refreshments. As the week went on the hotel got really busy and there aren't enough sun beds. If you go when this hotel is busy expect to get up early to get sun bed. As a mark, we were getting around the pool for 8:30am and most sun beds had towels on them, with no one on them! Some sun beds would stay unused for half a day with out people using them. When I asked the pool attendant, he just grinned and replied they have gone for food! Apparently this is the norm?
This did do us a favour, because we went down the beach. The beach was clean and had plenty of padded sun beds. Other than birds feeding on left over foods from the beach bar it was OK. But check food is fully cooked if eating at the beach!
Cold towels around the pool was a nice touch. Guy/pool attendent with water spray(who we nick named useless) spraying you with ice cold water just when you've got comfy and chilling was not! They Don't seem understand no or don't want that! Btw, useless was the same guy who let people leave towel on sun beds most of the day without using them! If there was something to be done you could guarantee he was no where to be seen.

As for illness, well it was the talk around the pool. Everyone we spoke to, had someone in their party had been ill in some way. From mild runs to stomach cramps/sweats/aching body. Ourselves 3 out of 5 had been ill. All with disturbed sleep, following day in bed. Food and staff hygiene did leave a lot to be desired. We followed all instructions trying to avoid this illness, washing hands, using anti bacterial hand sanitizer before and after touching and shaking hands.
Managers tried telling us it was the heat, but we have been several hot countries before without suffering illness.
Would be nice to see staff with anti bacterial hand sanitizer, like on cruise ships and less contact/shaking hands?
Just like to add since returning home from this holiday, I've been ill. Thought I had escaped the stomach cramps and runs but no. Returned home on Friday spent Sunday and Monday on toilet and in bed!

You might think I'm ripping this hotel apart, but I'm not. I'm just pointing out something I wish someone had pointed out to me! I was after a 5 star hotel to stay at in Sharm and unfortunately this hotel fell somewhat below!
I believe trip advisor has let me down on this occasion, when we booked this holiday 2 weeks before we went. This hotel was #11 of hotels in Sharm el Sheikh, that's why I only give it 2 as a rating in order to restore the balance. In my opinion this hotel should not be at #11! Don't want to be controversial but not sure who's writhing some of the reviews for this hotel???

Wet seats in restaurant. Three times in different restaurants in the evening, we sat on wet seats! This was quite frustrating because we had made the effort to get dressed smart for dinner and you do not expect to sit down on a wet seat, again first of all staff need stop people entering resturants in bathing wear and also check the seats at the start of service!

Waiting for food and clean plates and cutlery in the main restaurant became a standing joke. But again the staff in the restaurant seemed to disappear when we needed something. Just not sure if they had, had proper training or they were just scared of work. Either way some nights in the restaurant reminded us of faulty towers!

And to put the icing on the cake we ordered a hotel private car to take us the airport but it dropped us off at the wrong terminal, which meant we had a 10 min walk with an infirm relative to the right terminal in a 45 deg heat! Priceless!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank alexander1106
Ismail K, General Manager at Baron Palms Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 12 September 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for making the time and effort to write your comprehensive review of our hotel. I also hope you are now feeling better.

I apologise for any inconvenience you have experienced on your holiday and feel sorry that we have not met your expectations. I can reassure you that all comments left on Trip Advisor are genuine guest comments from people who have stayed at the hotel. We strive to ensure all our guests staying with us are happy and encourage our guest relations team to provide us with feedback from those in-house so that if/when any situation may occur, immedaite action can be taken to resolve it.

Your comments have been relayed to all hotel managers to take the appropriate actions in their department to ensure all guests receive the 5* standard expected of us. I hope that you would come back again to give us the chance to change your mind and show you why other Tipr Advisor members rate us so highly and would gladly return again and again.

Warm Regards,
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We have just returned from a 2 week stay at Baron Palms hotel. This is our third trip in as many years to Sharm, and the Baron Palms was the best of the 3 hotels we've stayed in. Having read the reviews, we were very excited about the Baron Palms. As the title states, on reflection it was a good hotel, and could be great with a little more thought by the management.

The food in the buffet was not bad for an AI. There was plenty of choice, and whilst it was a bit "samey" it was broken up by evenings such as Mexican night where good quality mexican food was served. However, there is 1 station where a chef cooks food to order - food was great - but the queues for this were unacceptable. What I couldn't work out is why they didn't have a second chef helping out - there are enough cooking rings for 2 chefs and this would have made the queuing experience a lot lot shorter.

The food in the Egyptian restaurant was fantastic - wish we'd discovered it a bit earlier on! The food in the Paradise bar was also very good.

I agree with other comments about table clearing and drinks ordering. We ordered drinks before we'd started eating, and ended up finishing our food before drinks came, on several occasions. We then got wise and helped ourselves to drinks which is fine, but not really 5 star service.

I agree also about the bottles of water - 1 waiter told me i'd have to pay LE150 if I wanted a bottle of water to take away! Unacceptable. However, the waiting staff in general were very hardworking and exceptionally friendly with our children - management just need to employ a lot more of them.

Animations - can't comment too much as we didn't really partake in any organised activities. However, all friendly and didn't hassle us.

Kids Club - Aslan is fantastic! Knew each child and got down to their level. Organised some good activities. Nina on the other hand sat at her desk whilst the children ran riot, and nothing was ever organised. My children enjoyed kids club, but please please be aware that as a parent you need to supervise to some extent. Children are allowed to freely leave kids club as they wish - if you are not nearby they are still allowed to leave. Also Kids Club was unattended by staff fairly frequently - not sure if this is meant to happen, but it does (Nina was in the poolside bathroom one day - don't know why she didn't use the bathroom facilities in kids club - and the children were left to their own devices for a good 10 minutes). The mini-disco was by far the highlight of my 2 children's trip and as I say Aslan was great - just please be aware that this isn't a creche and you need to still be there for your child.

I agree with previous posters regarding taking drinks to the room. We had to take our children back after the mini disco each night and it was a lot of hassle to get drinks to take back to the room so we could sit on the balcony for an hour.

Swimming pools were lovely - cold towels were a great idea - we received fruit kebabs one day too which was a lovely touch - but was never repeated. We were sitting by the kids club pool, away from the poolside bar. Occasionally a waiter would set up a mini-bar over on ourside, but this was very sporadic. Again having easy access to drinks at this side of the pool area would improve the ratings. Wouldn't be too difficult to set this up.

Bedroom was fine, 2 bathrooms was a bonus. Rooms were kept clean each day. On our last day we were given free access to a shower room which was a nice touch, and were also allowed to keep our all inclusive bands on so that we could make use of the facilities until we left. Big improvement on other Sharm hotels where we've had to take bands off at 10am and then pay for food/drinks until departure.

Would we return? Yes I think we would. As i say, lots of little areas to improve on, but overall a good hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Wendymc1
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments of your most recent holiday to Sharm el Sheikh. As with other recent comments I really appreciate the detail you have gone into, which is so helpful in improving our services and giving credit where credit is due. Your helpful suggestions have been noted also and we will discuss them.
We hope to see you again soon.
Best Regards,
Reviewed 3 September 2012 via mobile

I choose this hotel on the basis of money and this was in the top 20 here in trip advisor. Normally I have chosen hotels through reading views here and 3rd party reviews, this time I was wrong to choose this hotel. NOT a 5 star for sure.im sure the BARON HOTEL lives upto it's name but BARON PALMS HOTEL BIG NO NO. This is situated 30 mins outside the main town Nama bay. So only good if u want to stay in the resort and it's beach which actually is shared with several hotels. Each hotel has a section of the long stretch beach. The only good thing about the experience. Anyway back to the hotel, this is my 6th visit to sharm and I have stayed at the Hyatt,plaza resort,The Savoy etc and all of these are def 5 star... I would of stayed at the Savoy again but unfortunately it was out of my budget. But u pay for wat u get.
BARON PALMS RESORT- to some it up staff are very rude with the exception to a handful. If you go all inclusive forget the TIRAN restaurant, rude, fake and if u really observe they take the pi** out of the customers. I know a lot of reviewers like it but everyone has different expectations and values. So please read the terrible reviews too especially about stomach pains from hotel, manager denies and blames it on change of weather funny how they all have a bug roughly same time. Anyway overall food is edible but YES same on a daily basis. Checkin brief but quick. Room - smelt of damp but open the patio door smell gone in minutes but appears again after a day out. Pool is great!! Entertainment like butlins, facilities medi-oka. Overall not a 5 star. Pity pity. One other thing even though it's all inclusive when u get there you'll find out what isn't included... Just a heads up!!

• Stayed August 2012
6 Thank Sumjunks
Ismail K, General Manager at Baron Palms Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 9 September 2012
Dear Guest,
I am sorry to read your review but hope that you would allow me to elaborate on some points you have raised. Baron Palms is well known and well loved for its intimacy and privacy, the secluded quiet location and small size of the hotel is what so many people look for to have a relaxing and chilled holiday and they are never disappointed. Moreover it seems strange that you find our staff so rude and fake when almost every other reviewer praises our staff for their kindness and genuineness, however I thank you for pointing this out so we can pay more attention to it.
I apologise for any inconvenience you have experienced on holiday and truly wish for your next visit to Sharm to be more enjoyable.
Please accept my warmest regards from the Red Sea shores,