Went away for a relaxing week in March , weather was excellent , only one cold windy day . Agree with everyone else there was only one heated pool and in March the unheated pool was freezing , during my week there , I did not see anyone use it . Even when the staff cleaned the pool they wore a wet suit .. !!
Entertainment was mainly focused on the Italians ( alot of Italians use this hotel ) , but they were friendly and luckily my girlfriend can speak Italian , so no problems there.
The night club in the Hotel is advertised as being open from midnight till 2am , this is not the case , it opens when it wants and plays mostly tecno , house music . The DJ did not like being asked to play other types of music . There was alot of people in the 40's and 50's , it seemed very strange on there choice of music. Also the night club would close whenever it wanted , sometimes at 01.15 , with no warning that the last song was playing . Everything would just stop , the DJ would pack up his stuff and just leaving .
There was a good variety of food , and I always managed to find something I liked.
Staff at the hotel were excellent , within a day they knew are names and would always come and say hello , asking if we wanted drinks or food . They were then more than happy to get them for us . The staff really made the holiday , I think if you take the time to speak to the staff then it is repayed ten fold. We even had one of the staff organise a taxi for us ( his friend ) and incase we were worried about going off with a stranger , he came with us . we went to see the mosc and three different markets , he then dropped us off in na ma square and collected us later . In all we were out for about 5hrs . He only charged us 150 egytian pouinds.
I found the spa very expensive when comparing it to spa's in turkey etc.
The hotel was very clean and people were happy to help with any questions .
The gym was rather small and if there was more than 5 people in there , then it would be a wait for the machines.
We really did enjoy the week away and it was a very relaxing holiday .
As i said the staff made the holiday and a few of them were exceptional and really did go out of there way to make your holiday .
ahmed el araby - night bar waiter
abd el moaty - restaurant waiter
ahmed arab - waiter
and the staff at the pool
They really do deserve a mention as nothing was too much trouble.
Yes I would stay at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jaz Belvedere has direct and exclusive access to Montaza Beach in Sharm El- Sheikh, making this five-star resort the ideal place for your luxury holiday in Egypt. It is just 10 km from Sharm El-Sheikh International Airport and about 20 km from Sharm El-Sheikh town centre. The resort combines an impressive range of features and facilities, atmospherically styled with touches of traditional Arabian-Moroccan architecture. Jaz Belvedere has been certified to ISO 14001:2004, the Internationally recognised regime that assures first class management of environmental impact. Jaz Belvedere is unquestionably an outstanding luxury holiday resort in Sharm El-Sheikh and one of the finest luxury hotels in Egypt. Attentive individual service, high quality, daily entertainment programmes and unforgettable opportunities for diving in one of the most beautiful underwater environments in the world, adds to Jaz Belvedere's charm and vibrant ambience. Hotel facilities include a selection of restaurants serving light and healthy cuisine with a local and International flair that will satisfy the appetite of any gourmet. You can be as active or relaxed as you choose with a selection of leisure activities including table tennis, floodlit tennis courts (charged extra), beach volleyball and a fully equipped fitness centre, and beachfront pools, bustling bars and the Mazazik Discotheque, shopping facilities and a PADI diving centre (courses charged extra). Wireless internet access in public areas (charged extra) will help keep you in touch while an in-house doctor is on hand to deal with any medical problems. A 24-hour concierge service will cater to your every need, no matter what time of day and a laundry service will keep you fresh and you can relax knowing that your children will be royally entertained at the Kids Club with their own playground area and freshwater swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Jaz Belvedere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jaz Belvedere Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Jaz Belvedere Sharm El Sheikh
- Sol y Mar Belvedere