Took my husband, his parents and my stepson for a weeks break during the february half term 2012, To be honest I got what i expected for a four star resort in Egypt! the rooms were very clean and large however my stepson (who was nearly 9) was put on a chez longe instead of an bed (bearing in mind we paid full price for him)!
The majoritory of holiday makers in the resort were Russian and German who were very rude to staff and anyone who got in there way! The food was very much catered for them, I am a realist and know the food isnt going to be typical british but they should at least stock the childrens section with less exotic foods?! We also got diorrhoea for the last few days, my husband was bed bound for a day!
The staff were lovely and couldn't do enough for you and did make our trip, we were advised by friends to take a pocket full of pound coins to tip with, this was a great tip as the staff are not well paid and they did appreciate anything you gave them!
All in all an ok hotel with clean rooms and good value for money, but bear in mind you will be in an minority!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This comfortable, relaxing "All-Inclusive" 4 star (country category) Resort with a centered pool lagoon is divided to various 2 floor buildings with tasteful decorated rooms offer you a relaxed atmosphere for a family vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Island Garden Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Island Garden Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Hotel Sunrise Island Garden
- Sunrise Island Garden Resort Sharm El Sheikh