“Highly recommend this hotel!”

Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort
Ranked #37 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Archangelsk, Arkhangel'sk, Russia
“Highly recommend this hotel!”
Reviewed 15 June 2012

We were waiting for the year to be back to Hilton Fayroz. And were were back!!!!!!!!!!
We have stayed 24 days in May-June 2012. The more we stayed the more we loved the holidays. We have met many families who came back also to the hotel this year. People named the hotel OUR HOME. So it means a lot. We were also feeling like at home. Very good staff. Great people who were working for our comfortable staying.We were happy people remember us and were so happy to see us again.We left so many friends there...
Yes ,Egg Man Yasser Arafat was a master of cooking!.The omlets he made were the best I have ever tried. His smile,his kindness it is something awesome.
I recommend the hotel to the people who like quiet vacation.
It was so good relax for us to stay at Hilton Fayroz..It is wonderful world-so warm , beautiful and peaceful .

Room Tip: The rooms close to the small pools are very good.It is quiet there.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Lilly Z
GM_HiltonFayrouz, General Manager at Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort, responded to this review, 16 June 2012
Dear Lilly Z ,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent experience in our hotel on tripadvisor, your stay comments and feedback are of great importance to us, only through your feedback and ratings can we aim to improve the service our guests’ receive, and in today’s world this is essential.

I am so glad to read your positive holiday feedback about your stay at our property, I am pleased to read your satisfaction with the service rendered and hotel facilities , my pleasure to share your kind comments with our team who always take great pride in our customer satisfaction especially to Chef Yasser and your positive comments about the omelet he made and your recommandations for our hotel .

We all are waiting for your next visit to your second home , when no efforts will be spared to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as would wish.

For/ Gilaine Guirguis
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Lincs
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Arrived at the hotel and the initial impression wasn't great. We couldn't tell where the reception was initially, and when we were led there found it to be the worst I have ever been in - certainly not Hilton standard.

Room
We had a poolside room (521) which was large and airy, though badly in need of refurbishment. The furniture was very dated and the bathroom showed rust marks in the bath / shower - with the handle in the shower nearly coming off the wall. Saying that, the bed was very comfortable, it was quiet (despite backing onto the main road), and the air conditioning was excellent. The overall sleep quality was excellent.

Grounds
The hotel grounds are lovely. Lots of little paths through the bungalows, lots of nicely kept gardens, and even a few smaller pools dotted around the property.

Pool
There are 2 main pools, both of which had plenty of sunbeds around them. At no point did we have any problems securing a sunbed, and they were some of the most comfortable we have experienced.

Bars and Restaurants
Breakfast was pretty standard fare for a beach resort. All the usual items (though remember this is a Muslim country - so don't expect bacon) with plenty of bakery items, cereals and juices.
We ate at the Italian beach restaurant and had their evening buffet which was very nice with plenty of salad items, cooked to order pasta & pizza, and a good selection of sweets. The Italian buffet cost 160EGP (about £18) which we thought was a bit expensive really. There are a couple of outside bars open in the evening which were very pleasant, with beer costing about 26EGP. It is a shame that the beach bar isn't open in the evenings, as I think they are missing a trick here.

Staff
All the staff we came across were friendly and attentive. The chamber-men (women don't really work in Egypt) made a nice little towel sculpture for us each day, and the room was always clean.

Overall a nice enough beach resort, with nice bars and grounds - but needs updating badly and is not what I have come to expect from a Hilton Hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KevJ
GM_HiltonFayrouz, General Manager at Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort, responded to this review, 12 June 2012
Dear KevJ ,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent experience in our hotel on tripadvisor. Your stay comments and feedback are of great importance to us, only through your feedback and ratings can we aim to improve the service our guests’ receive, and in today’s world this is essential.

Performance in general seemed to be satisfactory for your good self and you enjoyed your stay at our property , I have taken a note of your comments which in general highlights on the hotel condition. I would like to advise your good self , that we are currently studying the upgrade of the hotel facilities and condition to match our guests' anticipation.
with some exceptions.

It will be a great honor for us to welcome you back at Hilton Sharm el Sheikh Fayrouz resort when no efforts will be spared to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as you would wish .

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2012

We checked into the hilton fayrouz after debating about the other two and I am glad that we did! this is the beach facing hilton, there is one directly opposite called dream resorts which is mountain facing. A majority of the people from here come over to the fayrouz for the beach.

The staff were incredibly friendly, Ahmed in the restaurant was a fantastic waiter and very attentitive indeed. the chef who cooks the eggs was very accomodating as my mother was vegan and often produced egg and fish free dishes. There was another chef on duty who made for me a delicious Egyptian porridge... the list can go on...

We only had B&B as we did wish to restrict ourselves to the hotel. The breakfast adaquate. The fruit selection was rather poor, watermelon and pineapple needed to be brought as extra. However, the pastries were amazing and there was plenty to go around, we even took some pastries back with us for a lunch time snack.

The rooms - we had the pool bar facing rooms 506 and 507 - probably the best facing rooms in that area, we always had sunrise infront of us. The rooms are certainly dated, the TV's are ancient and the TV quality is terribly poor. however, they are fairly spacious rooms and have french opening doors to the pool. The A/C is very, very noisey at night and don't forget to use mosqutio repellent!
The bathrooms are fine except the hair dryer in 507 was awful... the air smelled of cigarette smoke and was broken... The rooms a cleaned everyday and the chap who cleans them is lovely. He does an amazing job cleaning and creates wonderful things on the beds with the towels.

The pool - The pool is lovely and the bar is perfect! Reda at the pool bar was a true gem and a proper gentleman! he was incredibly helpful and interactive with the guests. Get in early to claim your beds! especially if you are not staying in any of the rooms around the pool!

Planet Spa - this is amazing and you must experience the Cleopatra package, ensure that you negotiate and decent price, i paid £45. Asma was my lady and boy she is good! she is amazing!!! her colleague is equally as good my mum said. You have a sauna, steam, coffee and coconut body scrub, follwed by a shower and 45 min full body massage...ahhh it's truly amazing!!!

The area - Naama bay is nice, ut beware girls, if you are own, the guys there will hassle you lots in a flirty way! The beach is nice a Hilton have a private part, get in ealry to claim your beds though! Hilton here is central to all places in Naama bay you can walk everywhere around here. Places I visted were Camel Bar - this is a rooftop, and i really enjoyed it here. Pomodoro is also very popular for itallian food. Pacha is a nightclub, but not worth the price to get in (£30) try to get on a guest list if you can.

Soho Square - absolutely a must to visit! it cost roughly one way 30 Egyptian pounds to get there, make sure you always haggle with the taxi drivers and agree the fare befor you get in! Soho Sq is up and comming and is by far the most developed area, and very modern with places like ICE and O2 bar. It has an ice rink, the queen vic pub, plenty of places to eat, we went to the bombay and mai thai which were great, but expect to pay UK prices here....lots of evening entertainment in the main sq, belly dancing, singers and shows.

Old Sharm - this was my least fav place and if full of sleazy men... i'd avoid it, but if you like markets and bargins, this is the place for you indeed. I went on a camel here and there is a little hill you can climb and take pictures. BTW camels stink!!!

Excursions - we only did two, the glass bottom boat, which nice to pass time and enjoy the fish, and the sumberine. Both were nice in their own way.

I drawback is the fact that you have to pay for Wi-Fi and it's only available in the foyer and not in your rooms, hopefully they will improve this in the future....

overall i had a great time, the weather was about 40 degress and the evenings it was abou 32-36 degrees, it was so beautiful....i miss it already and will be coming back to the Fayrouz.

Room Tip: If you get harrased by tour people whilst walking, politely say no thank you and avoid futher conver...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
GM_HiltonFayrouz, General Manager at Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort, responded to this review, 8 June 2012
Dear angel 0410 ,

I am so glad to read your positive feedback about your stay at our property , I am pleased to read your satisfaction about our friendly staff the service rendered and the hotel central location that you were able to enjoy the city , my pleasure to share your kind comments with our team who always take great pride in our customer satisfaction.

Please note that I have taken a note of your comments which in general highlights on the hotel condition. I would like to advise your good self , that we are currently studying the upgrade of the hotel facilities and condition to match our guests' anticipation and rest assured that your feedback is passed to all concerned to be properly addressed.

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Just back from Hilton Fayrouz where I spent summer vacation with my family. The room was spacious and well furnished, simple but elegant, with all the accommodations for a comfortable stay. The view of the waterfalls pool from the first floor balcony was lovely; I was able to watch my children enjoying the clear fresh water in the swimming pool from up there. The sunny beach was great too with lots of palm trees and many beach activities, best place to get a tan. My husband was snorkeling every day, the underwater views were spectacular. The hotel is located on Naama bay, at night Naama town is very alive, many cafés, restaurants, souvenir shops and markets. What I enjoyed most was the meals. Al-Wadi is the hotel’s main restaurant, an elegant restaurant where we had Hilton’s famous breakfast every day; fresh juice served at your table, varieties of tasty food at the open buffet and friendly waiters at your service. Dinner was another pleasure, always at Al-Wadi restaurant, every night a different menu; oriental, Chinese, international, and every time the quality and food varieties will please you. The Italian restaurant on the beach was very good and the soft live music added a romantic touch on the place. I can’t thank enough the helpful friendly staff at the restaurant and everywhere in the hotel. Hilton Fayrouz is a fabulous and very entertaining place; don’t miss it for your summer vacation.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Dear Ola E ,

it was my great pleasure to read your positive holiday feedback about your stay at our property and your satisfaction with the service rendered and the food quality and variety at Wadi Restaurant and the Italian restaurant and the helpful friendly staff, also the resort cenetral location and private beach, my pleasure to share your kind comments with our team who always take great pride in our customer satisfaction.

Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I just returned from my 1 week stay at Fayrouz. The staff was fantastic! Osama, Ossama, and Moustafa in the restaurants were especially friendly and helpful, but everyone I interacted with was pleasant and efficient.

The location in Naama Bay is great, although it is very touristy. It's right on the promenade and offers an easy to walk over to the main drag for shops and restaurants.

The Ocean College dive center is top notch, but a bit expensive if you don't book ahead--you can save almost 50% if you book your dives online before you go.

Our rooms was a little small for a "deluxe" and was in need of some renovation, which seemed to be in progress on some of the other rooms. However, the rooms were clean and well maintained, and we always came home to some cute flower petal arrangements and towel-animals on the bed.

The rooms have easy access to the beach, however, the advertised "partial sea view" is a bit of a stretch. Also, there is a guard at most the entrances from the promenade to the hotel grounds; however, there was rarely a guard near the entrance to the dive center, which made it feel like anyone could approach the rooms. Still it felt safe enough.

The omelette, waffle, crepe station and the service makes the breakfast much better than most. However, I felt there could have been a better variety. I was pretty tired of the same stuff by the end of the week.

All in all, I am happy I chose this hotel and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room more towards the center, because none of the rooms really have a good view of the sea...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort, responded to this review, 25 June 2012
Dear Valuable guest ,

It was our great pleasure to welcome you at our property , thank you very much for your positive comments about Hilton Fayrouz and its facilities and services

Kindly note that I will share your kind comments with our team who always take great pride in our customer satisfaction.

We all are waiting for your next visit in the soonest future to your second home , when no efforts will be spared to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as would wish.