8,077 results
All reviews sunset bar deluxe side olympic bar il rustico sinai dive club el mattam animation team soho square italian restaurant fish naama bay main restaurant great holiday towel art walk in shower water aerobics pasta
Reviewed 6 September 2010

Of all the holiday destinations and hotels I have ever visited and stayed at nothing compares to the style, condition, location, layout and service of the Hilton Sharks Bay. The staff were a credit to the company and went out of there way, to assist us with any problems we faced. My family and myself booked last summer but discovering that I had developed cancer had to cancel our holiday one week from departure. After one year of treatment and some great support we managed to re-book and im so glad we did. I needed to take more treatment when I was their and they helped me by making me as comfortable as they could.

Before we arrived at the Hilton Sharks Bay we had read many reviews saying how poor the food was and how unhelpful the staff were. Both these points were so far from the truth we feel we had to put pen to paper and tell people what it is really like. If you want picture post card scenary and romantic views stay at the old side of the Hilton. If its comfort, space and relaxtion your looking for then its the new side you require. The beach, even though small has a beautiful coral with some quite stunning sea life (no need to do a boat trip). The food even though a little bit repetitive was always presented with care and attention and lets face it when you have that many people being served your just looking forward to it being clean which it certainly always was.

In our two week stay the only things we could honestly say that need to improve or change are internet service in the new part of the hotel, information from notice boards regarding services from reps (which at present are only found below main reception in the old part) and watering of the grass times which takes part in the early afternoon. This really needs to be done later when nobody is round the swimming pool.

The service from staff was superb and you never had to wait long for your food or drink. We found some people so rude toward staff but they kept a smile on there faces and carried on. In summary if its a first class, top star holiday that you are looking for, then have no fears because that is exactly what you will get from the Hilton Sharks Bay. Happy Holidays.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank underdownfamily
Managment-Hilton, Personal Assistant to General Manager at Hilton Sharks Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2010

Dear Sir,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Sharks Bay Resort for your recent holiday and for your feed back on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is not only essential but is also a helpful tool to measure the level of service we extend to our guests.

Sorry to know about your health condition, we were very happy that you made it through. Hope that you have complete recovery by now.

May I thank you once again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sharks Bay in the very near future.

Personal Assistant to General Manager

Reviewed 6 September 2010

One word...Wow!!! Me and my partner are deff going back next year!! Hi to splash bar staff!! Temur ,azuz,Ahmed and amgad. U guys made my holiday. So friendly. The hotel was brill stayed on the new side check in was quick. Immensely hot!!! Food was okay but u have to understand they have to cater for everyones tastebuds. Houses if Asia was really good. Was my girlfriends bday and they brought. Cake and sang for her. Amr in the restaurant totally looked after us. Hi to the animation team lizzie ,safe an co. U guys were fun. Met some great Ppl out there. Sand buggying is a must!!!! Arabian nights was cool as well. Had abit of a dick tummy but all you need to to is take modicum guys and failing that just giro a pharmacy and they give you tablets and it gets rid, not a major issue. Hotel was faultless as were the staff. Soho square is good to chill out.naama bay was a bit of a cattle Market but real good fun!! Oh yea and get this... Mcdonalds delivers!!!! Amazing hehe. Any questions ease as me if you were tere between 26th aug till 5 sept then look me up on facebook under shakey ullah. Many thanks to the hotel and staff u made our trip memorable and will be back next year.

• Stayed: August 2010

Dear Sir and Madam,

Thank you for the nice words and compliments about our staff, I will sure share them with our service team. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that we achieved our aim of ensuring your holiday to be both relaxing and memorable.

PA to GM

Reviewed 6 September 2010

We arrived and checkin was excellent and swift, no waiting. We were wisked away in a golf cart to our room and what a room, a view over the three pools palm trees and in the evening buitifully lit. The resturants were all very good there was always something you could choose with an extensive selection of salards soup many many types of very fresh still warm breads and rolls. Main courses were varied and themed and chefs were cooking fresh at cooking stations.Q bar excellent no children which was a bonus you dont always want other peoples kids a nice touch we thought. Food at the pool bars was excellent and the service every where in the hotel was 5 star, we never found that tipping got you a better service, in dinner your glass was always kept full. There are a lot of sad folk who get up at silly o clock to put towels on beds but even in august we had no problems with getting beds when one was needed. Room was excellent tv channels great air con was just great and was needed at the temp was 40 deg. Yes we had a slight stomach upset as did a lot of others, I put this down to the high temps and I did hear people moaning of bad tummies but they were lay out in the 40s most of the day drinking beer swimming and eating, you would be bad at home if you did these things.Would we go again you bet was a great relaxing holiday. If you want a place to take 4 kids and let someone else look after them for you then this is not the place for you.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir & Madam,

Personal assistant to General Manager

Reviewed 6 September 2010

The lifts/elevators are not in use making this resort extremely frustrating for those travelling with a disabled family member. So despite any other qualities of the hotel I cannot recommend it for those with mobility issues. This is a shame and actually quite shocking for a modern hotel trading under the 'Hilton' brand. I would very much like to know why the elevators are not in use.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank lbo80
Reviewed 6 September 2010

On arrival everything seemed ok, we were immediately asked if we would like to upgrade to the new side which we did as the staff said the old side wasn't as nice.
The rooms were lovely and clean and overlooking the pool and well worth the upgrade after we had seen the old side.
No problem with the beach, pool, restaurants or location. This was a bit of cheap getaway for us so we weren’t expecting too much anyway. The problems we encountered were the attitude of the staff, and then I discovered it is Ramadan!! This means they cannot eat or drink from the hours of 4.30 am til 6.30 pm! in 40 degree heat!
We were shouted at for not knowing where to put the towels, we were ignored at most bars, we were grunted at when they finally served us. I had finally had enough when we were in the pool at 4.30 all our belongings were on our sun loungers, the pool boy started clearing up I could see him kicking my belongings about and then he took all our towels away I jumped out of the pool to ask him what he was doing he told me I had finished with them. When I said I hadn’t he threw 4 towels back at me. I told him it was clear to see we hadn’t finished using our loungers as all our belongings were there. Basically he wanted to clear up early so he was ready at 6.30 to be able to eat. I told him he was rude and he told me I wouldn’t be allowed to have a towel the next day!! Great service. I can totally understand why they are grumpy, they shouldn’t be working long hours without food or water, but this is not my fault and they should find alternative employment that isn’t in the customer service sector for the month of Ramadan.
I can put up with most things, most people without manners probably wouldn’t have noticed or cared but we are used to staying at hotels where everyone is friendly, at the end of the day it doesn’t cost anything to be polite.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family