8,075 results
All reviews sunset bar deluxe side olympic bar il rustico sinai dive club el mattam animation team soho square italian restaurant fish naama bay main restaurant great holiday towel art walk in shower water aerobics pasta

Been to Sharm many times, but first trip to Hilton

Great hotel. Has a number of restaurants to choose from. We ate in the Italian twice, great service, you have to book a couple of days in advance, but its part of the All Inclusive.

We also ate twice at the Asia restaurant, this is fab, not part of AI, but well worth it for the food and service, just brill. Thanks to Sabry especially.

We had lunch in the Egyptian restaurant, but not dinner, was just too warm, but the food looked and smelled great when we walked through it to go to the Italian.

The main restaurant had, for us, pretty good variety, I dont think we had the same thing twice. Many thanks to Sakr here, he was great, and set our table with a heart shape of flowers for our last night, great touch. This is the only hotel we've visited in Sharm that does poached eggs to order, nice touch Hilton.

Pool area, immense in the new part, with a beach area, great for kids. We used the adult pool area for the peace tho! Theres a terrific barman at the Splashes bar called Amir, he was first class. We had spent a few days in this area and were about to move elsewhere because of the two grumpy staff here, but Amir arrived and transformed it, his work ethic and customer service is tremendous. So we stayed! Mahmoud, the towel and pool guy was first class also, He doesnt speak much English, but I speak a little Arabic (bas mish kiteer!), and he loved that!

We had upgraded to a suite and this was great, two big rooms, two fridges, two TV's, loads of space for just two of us!! The room cleanliness and towel art is great, well done Allah for looking after us so well!

My daughter emailed the hotel asking for a card to be left for me for Fathers Day, and they delivered a complimentary cake to our room, with "Happy Fathers Day" written in chocolate, how good is that! They also emailed my daughter back to tell her what they had done! Brill!

The new part is closer to the airport, but we werent disturbed by aircraft at night at all, although June is a quieter season in Sharm.

A couple of moans, but they are fairly minor. 1. They have free wifi, but its problematic, especially with Apple devices. My wife never had a problem, but my iPad kept getting locked out, I ended up on first name terms with the IT manager! However, if they didnt have it, you wouldnt miss it, Soho Square has free wifi anyway. 2. We loved sitting outside in the Q club to watch the sun go down with a glass of wine in a real glass, and without reason they changed the opening time from 4pm to 6pm.

All in all, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, well done Hilton!

Room Tip: Suites in new area are mega!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank m4xwl
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Just returned from the Hilton having stayed there for nine nights.

I should start by pointing out the good things about this hotel: the pool on the new side is massive, the beach (and its coral) is delightful, the beer was cold and actually out of a tap, our room was very good and Mohammed our cleaner was very attentive (if not at times a touch overbearing).

Unfortunately we experienced a number of other problems which ultimately mean that we could never recommend staying here, indeed we would positively warn against it.

1. The food and drinks

In keeping with quite a few of the other reviews here: the food genuinely is terrible.

Breakfast on the new side was chaotic and the restaurant was not clean (old plates laying around, food spilled from the buffet not cleaned up). Lunch was the worst. Food is prepared long in advance of it actually being served which is clearly bad for hygiene. (We know this to be true as my girlfriend requested to have no "beef bacon" in her club sandwich only to be told "they are all already made and we cannot make a change.") Another couple we spoke to said they'd seen a member of staff drop a whole tray of salad from out of a fridge before picking it up and putting it back in a different fridge. I personally witnessed a waiter spilling chips on the bar top prior to serving a dish, at which point he just grabbed them with his hands and shoved them back on the plate.

There was just a very obvious lack of care involved. We both lost two days of our holiday, laying in bed, unable to risk being too far from our toilet. No doubt the management will reply to this suggesting that it was just the heat, but my girlfriend is from an extremely hot country and has never had these problems before. Likewise I have spent extended periods of time in hot places without having to spend extended periods of time sitting on a toilet groaning. Similarly the management's line that "as the resort is all inclusive, if there was a problem everyone would be affected" is clearly a very weak argument: different people eat different things, not every dish will have caused illness. That said we encountered a worrying number of people who were affected. It really cannot be a coincidence.

In terms of dinner, the buffets are well described below as mainly consisting of "slop". We managed to go to Il Rustico once which was OK (don't expect the pizzas to actually match the descriptions on the menus however). After our illness we only ate in House of Asia (which you have to pay for) or in one of the restaurants in Soho Square. These were all really good and affordably priced, making me suspicious of the new chef's excuse that the food is so bad because there's a problem getting ingredients from Cairo.

On the drinks, mercifully the beer is cold. Unfortunately for my girlfriend (who doesn't drink beer) the mixed alcoholic drinks and cocktails were generally not. They do put ice in the drinks but unsurprisingly this melts almost immediately. The problem could be so easily fixed by just keeping the mixers in a fridge rather than out on the bar in the sun, but this would involve more effort for the barmen so is obviously not likely to happen. The mixed drinks were also often undrinkable due to the sheer lack of care with which masses of alcohol was hurled into the tiny glasses you're given, whilst the ingredients that went into the cocktails sometimes didn't resemble what the menu said in any way shape or form.

2. The service

There are some good, hard-working staff at this hotel. In particular Mohammed the cleaner on the new side was very attentive. However there are also (particularly amongst the waiting staff) some utterly miserable, moody men. At one breakfast I actually had to ask one of the waiters what his problem was after he made clear his dissatisfaction with the fact that that we didn't want any coffee or tea (we pointed out that there were no cups (for juice) left, he returned with coffee mugs which we politely declined: obviously a simple mix-up, so why did he respond by huffing and puffing?). Another incident that sticks in the memory is when we left our key in the room once, meaning that I had to ask a cleaner (not Mohammed) to let me in. He told me that he didn't have a key and that I should ask someone else. That someone else then sent me back to the original guy who in fact had a key all along and ultimately ended up letting me in. Pure laziness on his part and very disappointing.

3. In summary

As you'll have gathered from the above, this is a hotel with problems. I did attempt to raise all of the above when on the phone with reception once and was given short thrift. Despite this I fully anticipate the management to reply to this saying that they're disappointed that I didn't speak with senior management at the time, but what would the point have been? The problems identified above are systemic and large scale, are they really going to suggest that they would have changed such fundamental things within a massive hotel following on from a discussion with me? More to the point, shouldn't management be proactive in any case, getting the hotel up to the standard its 4* rating implies BEFORE people have cause for complaint? I suspect that as long as the money keeps rolling in there is no real incentive to do this.

Even after all of the above, we did enjoy ourselves (the Red Sea is incredible, whilst quad biking in the desert is also really good). But our enjoyment came despite the hotel, not because of it. We won't return.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jeff200
Reviewed 8 July 2012

We were a group of 25 persons (12 adults and 13 kids) and we reserved 6 rooms in Hilton Sharks Bay in the period between 1/7 – 5/7.
I am sorry to say that the unfriendly attitude of All Hilton staff members (in specific the waiters) created a negative atmosphere throughout the whole trip.
In the following I would like to share with you some incidents that we experienced during our stay in the above mentioned period:
1) One of my group members asked the chef during breakfast to prepare her three different types of eggs and he totally ignored her request. She waited for a second waiter and when she started telling him what she wants he asked her to speak fast because he didn’t have time!
2) Another incident happened in the sunset bar, when she sat with her kids at one of the tables and when she called for the waiter he told her wait until I serve the other guests and he really questioned how she wants to order once she sits on the table!!
3) After dinner we were sitting at the pool when my friend found his two twins daughters holding two huge chairs and when he asked them why, they told him the waiter asked us to take them inside the restaurant, and when he spoke to the waiter he wasn’t ashamed to declare that he wanted the two girls to help him sorting the place!!
4) When I was sitting at the pool I waited more than fifteen minutes for any staff member to open the sun umbrella for me and when one worker finally passed he refused to do it claiming that this is not his job. He even refused to go and call the responsible person and asked me to go in person to go and call someone to help me!!!
5) During dinner we were 5 persons sitting at the same table, when two of us ordered two diet cokes. After a while when the third person wanted to order a third one the waiter told her that he already brought two!!
6) In the Bedouin’s restaurant my friend’s son (10 years old) was eating a snack alone without his parents when the waiter held him from his T-shirt and hit him and asked him to leave the restaurant. When his father knew he was surely furious and asked for an explanation, the waiter said he was joking with the boy!!!
7) Throughout the trip whenever we enter a restaurant the staff made us feel as if we were a burden on the restaurant if we wanted to sit together, although we had full understanding that it needs time to be arranged and were ready to wait.

I am sorry to say that the marvelous ambience of the place and the plenty of activities that the hotel offered were totally damaged due to this bad yet aggressive attitude of the staff members.
It was an experience that none of us would want to repeat because we felt that the staff wasn’t welcoming us and they weren’t doing anything willingly.

Room Tip: Only rooms in the old site are with sea view
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank Tigoal
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am of course very sorry that you felt the attitude of staff were unfriendly, specifically the waiters. As promised at the time of our meeting I assured you that corrective action would be taken immediately and this was done.

I can only therefore once again apologize as this is not what Hilton Sharks Bay is renowned for.

I do hope that despite your negative feedback you will give us another chance in the future.

Thank you once again.

Yours sincerely

Clive Schreiber

Reviewed 7 July 2012

Back from yet another visit stayed for 12 days this time. Stayed in a recently renovated room old side overlooking main pool and with sea view - very nice room and spacious. Good facilities such as free safe, lovely bathroom, tea & coffee making facilities and flat screen TV (not that we used it). Hotel as always was spotlessly clean and well tended gardens - yes grass was a little brown in places but is was 40+ degrees!!! To address some recent bad reviews of food - we did speak to new chef Imran (he has been there less than a month so far) as we had some concerns that the evening meal food offer had changed from previous visits and seemed to cater less for european guests - he told us they did have a few issues with supplies from Cairo but this should be resolved soon and he had plans for lots of improvements to the menu's and offerings at various outlets on site and these should be in place very soon. He is obviously very enthusiastic and very determined to get the food back on track. We had some excellent meals and particularly enjoyed the Il Rustico italian which is part of the A/I offer - we visited several times during our visit and loved the lemon chicken and beef tenderloin in peppercorn sauce - perfect! Pizza was also good. Can also recommend Houses of Asia for a treat (not part of A/I but good prices). As for drinks we had no problems and only once had a gin and tonic which was too strong - easily resolved next time by asking for less gin - no big deal and certainly no cause to complain on TA about it!!! Service was impeccable as ever and staff are a credit to the hotel - special mention to Amir at Splash Bar and Amir and Tamer at Q Bar(adult only bar and a good idea for relaxation at night), Sherif, Reda and Saad at the old side Mafhouz restaurant - all watched over by manager Mohamed Hussain - very welcoming man and always eager to ensure we enjoy our stay. Minor niggles such as light bulbs not working were fixed very quickly and with no fuss as soon as we mentioned it. Can only advise to speak up at the time if something is not right, they are eager to address your problems - don't wait till you get home and complain on TA about it. We had a fab time and to put the icing on the cake we saw dolphins on our Tiran Island snorkelling trip organised by Sinai Dive club - thanks Capo!!! We will be back. Thanks to all the hotel staff who made our stay memorable once again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Linda H
Management response:Responded 8 July 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Sharks Bay Resort for your recent holiday and for your feed back on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that we achieved our aim of ensuring your holiday to be both relaxing and memorable.

Your feedback is not only essential but is also a helpful tool to measure the level of service we extend to our guests and at the same time provides us with an opportunity to improve our standards.

May I thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sharks Bay in the very near future.

Yours truly

Amira Ismail
PA to General Manager
Hilton Sharks Bay Resort

Reviewed 6 July 2012

We booked to stay at the 'Hilton'. This is not Hilton quality. We upgraded to a deluxe suite. The room was beautiful and our cleaner was splendid. So was Omar our waiter too.
BUT. They did not leave our 12 year old blonde haired daughter alone.
They felt her hair, asked her name. Told her father 'He was a very lucky man". Asked to buy her for camels? It was very uneasy. We could not let her out of our sight. She even slept in the middle of our bed every night. We booked for a dive, the instructor came to our daughter, stroked her hair, commented on her blue eyes, held her hand.... We had to cancel our dive. It was all so VERY WRONG!
The food is disgusting, cheap and poorly presented. We were all ill. The topic of conversation around the fool, was swapping stomach and sickness tablets. While everyone took to their beds.
They want ALL your spending money. Constantly hassling you on your sun loungers for trips, diving, massages. Anything you can think of, they are round every day bothering you.
We checked out at 2pm. We vacated our room at 12pm and had lunch. Our suitcases stayed in our room. Because of this they charged us 250 Egyptian Pounds at check out? Be VERY careful.
The food is disgusting, they behave like pedophiles around your children. Be prepared to spend time in bed sick. Also they will have ALL your money. Do NOT book.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank bunklesmunkles
Management response:Responded 7 July 2012

Dear Sir and Madam,

We are concerned to learn about your comments regarding your stay. I am sorry that you felt the hotel did not live up to your expectations.

We are of course sorry that you did not consider raising your concerns with the senior management team whilst here, who would have made every effort to address your concerns. We pride ourselves on our service levels and take feedback seriously in order that we can address any specific issues.

In respect to the stomach upset, the hotel is HACCP compliant undergoes monthly external Health and Safety audits, where our results are deemed as excellent. Upset stomachs are not necessarily a result of food, but can be combination of many reasons. Given that the hotel is all inclusive, any potential virus would affect all of our guests. To further insure our guests’ satisfaction we also have a resident doctor on site 24 hours a day.

Your feedback is not only essential but is also a helpful tool to measure the level of service we extend to our guests.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback and I do hope that you do give the hotel another chance on your next visit to Sharm, as we contently strive to improve the service to our guests.

Yours truly,