We were a group of 25 persons (12 adults and 13 kids) and we reserved 6 rooms in Hilton Sharks Bay in the period between 1/7 – 5/7.
I am sorry to say that the unfriendly attitude of All Hilton staff members (in specific the waiters) created a negative atmosphere throughout the whole trip.
In the following I would like to share with you some incidents that we experienced during our stay in the above mentioned period:
1) One of my group members asked the chef during breakfast to prepare her three different types of eggs and he totally ignored her request. She waited for a second waiter and when she started telling him what she wants he asked her to speak fast because he didn’t have time!
2) Another incident happened in the sunset bar, when she sat with her kids at one of the tables and when she called for the waiter he told her wait until I serve the other guests and he really questioned how she wants to order once she sits on the table!!
3) After dinner we were sitting at the pool when my friend found his two twins daughters holding two huge chairs and when he asked them why, they told him the waiter asked us to take them inside the restaurant, and when he spoke to the waiter he wasn’t ashamed to declare that he wanted the two girls to help him sorting the place!!
4) When I was sitting at the pool I waited more than fifteen minutes for any staff member to open the sun umbrella for me and when one worker finally passed he refused to do it claiming that this is not his job. He even refused to go and call the responsible person and asked me to go in person to go and call someone to help me!!!
5) During dinner we were 5 persons sitting at the same table, when two of us ordered two diet cokes. After a while when the third person wanted to order a third one the waiter told her that he already brought two!!
6) In the Bedouin’s restaurant my friend’s son (10 years old) was eating a snack alone without his parents when the waiter held him from his T-shirt and hit him and asked him to leave the restaurant. When his father knew he was surely furious and asked for an explanation, the waiter said he was joking with the boy!!!
7) Throughout the trip whenever we enter a restaurant the staff made us feel as if we were a burden on the restaurant if we wanted to sit together, although we had full understanding that it needs time to be arranged and were ready to wait.
I am sorry to say that the marvelous ambience of the place and the plenty of activities that the hotel offered were totally damaged due to this bad yet aggressive attitude of the staff members.
It was an experience that none of us would want to repeat because we felt that the staff wasn’t welcoming us and they weren’t doing anything willingly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dive into a Red Sea adventure at the beach side Hilton Sharks Bay Resort, an all-inclusive resort in Sharm El Sheikh. Relax on the private beach, swim in one of 7 pools or try your hand at tennis or mini golf on the onsite courts. Close by the famous SOHO Square where restaurants, bars, entertainment centers, night shows and shopping arcade with less than 4 minutes walking distance. Just 10 minutes from the airport and 20 minutes from the Go bus station, the hotel boasts a fully equipped health club, a private beach, 7 polls, 13 restaurants and bars, 2 kids' clubs, kids' playground and shaded pool and daily evening entertainment with animation team program. Sporty types will love the dive center. Explore the Red Sea coast and top dive sites or visit Sharm El Sheikh Attractions like the Aqua land Water Park. Treat your loved ones with a private dinner at the beach, or enjoy a cool drink over Red Sea views at the Sunset Bar. Hilton rooms boast a balcony or terrace with garden, pool or sea view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Sharks Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Sharks Bay Hotel
- Hilton Sharm El Sheikh
- Hilton Sharks Bay Sharm El Sheikh
- Bay Hilton Shark
- Hilton Sharks Bay Egypt