“EGYPT IN WINTER”

Ranked #101 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Swansea, United Kingdom
“EGYPT IN WINTER”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

When booking a hotel check whether it has a heated pool. Apparently there are only three pools which are heated in sharm but you need to check they will be working. The Tiran Island Hotel has a fabulous pool but is not heated due to the running costs. Be careful what you eat and always wash your hands. The staff are mostly well mannered but beware some are sarcastic without realising it especially ones behind the desk. The guest relations lady Maria is on hand who is from Scotland should you have any problems. If you book with Red Sea Holidays you can stay in your room until 3pm sharm time which was a bonus considering my husband fell ill during the holiday and I willself am writing this from my sick bed after returning with a stomach upset for the second visit to sharm. Watch your female children. Mine is a tennager but looks marrying age! If you can swim go down on the free bus to the jetty and get in the warm sea and float and relax. Well worth the visit. At least we can say we had been snorkelling and saw the lovely fish.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank suzanne s
Tiran_Island_Hotel, Guest Relations Manager at Tiran Island Hotel, responded to this review, 25 February 2012
Hi Suzanne,

I am glad that you are home safe & sound. I am sorry to hear that you are unwell :-(
I really do hope that we get to see you again in the future!

If you ever wish to contact me direct please don't hesitate.
mhairi.landsborough@tiranislandsharm.com

Best Wishes Keep in touch.

Quality & Guest Relations Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
London, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

It is a beautiful hotel with grand design and a lot to offer to the customers. It was our first time staying in an all inclusive establishment and so we felt like kings and queens most of the time.
What made our stay difficult was the treatment from the saff; by the end of our week we felt very uncomfortable being around some members of staff, which should never ever be the case in any kind of catering/accommidation business. The staff will talk amongst eachother in their own language whilst serving you in English - not making much of an effort to hide the fact that they are sometimes talking about you. They were either agressive towards my boyfriend or innapropriate to me. The housekeepers (two young guys) once saw me entering my room alone and were knocking on the door minutes later, trying to get inside and asking to take pictures of me. One of the most annoying things was that you couldnt sit for 5 minutes by the beach, pool or bar without having respresentitive with a clipboard come up to you and attempt to sell something to you. It was quite exhausting by the end. Although there were a few genuine and friendly people who made our stay a little bit better - Elvis was always smiling, Adam at the front desk was extremely helpful, and I think his name was aswan, the barman at the pool from Port Said.
It's a great hotel with free alcohol and endless food, I just wish they could sort out their staff. Otherwise an exciting and fun week in Sharm and Giza.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Natalie H
Tiran_Island_Hotel, Guest Relations Manager at Tiran Island Hotel, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Hi Natalie,

Its always nice to feel like a Queen for the week :-)
My apologies that not all the staff here were as friendly & helpful as Elvis, Adam & Aswan and i will be sure to pass on your kind comments to them.
I will pass your comments on to the approprate persons with regards to your review.

If you wish to contact me directly at any time please don't hesitate.
mhairi.landsborough@tirnaislandsharm.com

I hope to see you again in the future so we can treat you & your partner like a King & Queen all over again.

Best Wishes

Mhairi Landsborough
Quality & Guest Relations Manager.
midlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

This was a lovely hotel 5 mins walk or shuttle bus from the beach and the amazing got to try snorkelling.Not too good in feb if you like the pool.Was so cold you could nt get your breath! Rooms were very nice.The food wasnt that good on the all inclusive and you could only eat in one buffet restaurant.The staff were good in the hotel.Wouldnt go into naama bay though.Not worth it you are hassled that much that you cant even get near the shops to shop and i ended up with a bruise on my arm because i wouldnt buy someones perfume.!!!!! All in all though a very nice place to go for some wintersun and snorkelling that is out of this world.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Whalley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

We stayed at the T Island in November , had a lovely time good room , food, beach, entertainment at night not much , mainly for the Russians the Kareoke one night was like the Eurovision song Contest ! but I managed to sneak in Simply the Best -in English lol . All the staff are brilliant and Michael (this is for you) was always friendly and courteous with us as was our Habibi at the beach bar. was going to go again in March but full up for our dates.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Tiran_Island_Hotel, Guest Relations Manager at Tiran Island Hotel, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Good Morning,

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay here at Tiran Island Hotel! I will be sure to pass on comments to our staff who will be thrilled that they made your stay even more enjoyable.

Thats a shame that you can't get booked up in March!!

Be sure to keep in touch
mhairi.landsborough@tiranislandsharm.com

See you agin soon!

Best Wishes

Quality & Guest Relations Manager
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

Me and my friends booked a holiday at Tiran Island for 11 nights for the beginning of February 2012. After the long flight from Gatwick we got on the coach expecting a very long journey to the hotel, after about 15 minutes we where pleasantly surprised to pull up to the hotel.

After going inside and seeing that the hotel was quite empty we had a few reservations which where made worse when it took the reception quite a while to sort out our rooms, however the welcome drinks where a nice touch. After finally checking in we where taken to our rooms by a very helpful man who took all our suitcases and we were very pleased with how clean and spacious the rooms where. The only bad thing about the room was that the lights where not very bright and some only seemed to work when our neighbours where in, but this wasn't much of a problem as we didn't spend too much time in our rooms.

After a good nights sleep we woke up and went to the beach either a 5 minute walk or 2 minutes on the bus. This is where we met Elvis and Marika, they made our holiday even better, they where always finding stuff for us to do and kept us constantly entertained. The whole animation team makes the hotel more enjoyable for everyone with their shows (Sams fire show is amazing) and arrangement of discos and I would like to thank them all for making our holiday what it was.

I would also like to say that the staff at the hotel where all amazing, they where so helpful and friendly Mustafa, Mohammmed and Hany made us feel like royalty bringing us drinks on the beach and at the bar always making special cocktails for us. The alcohol is really strong but if you ask for less of it then its really not that bad.

The only minor bad points that I would like to raise about the hotel was that check out was at 12.00 but we didn't leave the hotel until 4.00 but between 12.00 and 4.00 (because we had checked out) we had to pay for our drinks which we felt was quite bad seeing as we had paid for 11 days all inclusive. The other little point was that the food was quite repetitive but it was edible and I'm a really fussy eater so I was worried about this before I got to Egypt.

Overall we had such a good time and wouldn't hesitate on returning to Tiran Island as we have made some really good friends from the holiday.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends