“very placid horses”

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“very placid horses”
Reviewed 26 June 2012

first time riders,had 2 hours in the desert with no problems most enjoyable and a bargain,can't wait to go again.

Visited March 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Bordon, United Kingdom
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 142 helpful votes
“Very good horses, no problems”
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I was shocked to read some of the comments on here and can only think they were not riding with Omar's. I rode here 3 times during my holiday, alone in the desert with young Ali Baba, and it was excellent, with absolutely no inappropriate behaviour. Ok, at 58 maybe not to be expected, but I did experience it on West Bank of Luxor last year.
Omar is the boss. I saw nobody called Said with wife called Dorothy!
The horses I rode (lovely Arab X stallion and fabulous pure Arab mare) were in very good condition, also the tack. The desert from horseback is stunning and these horses are fit and fast! But quite controllable (the strong bits and martingales see to that!)
Experienced riders are advised to take the 2 hour option, and ask to skip the Bedouin tent. They would find the 1 hour more suited to non-riders and rather sedate.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank lynwill53
Lancaster, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“enjoyable trip”
Reviewed 3 March 2012

i went with my boyfriend who was an inexperienced rider where i was confident rider, they catered for both our levels. it was just me my boyfirend and the guide so was more of an intimate trip. the staff were all friendly, the horses seemed to be in good condition in comparsion to other horses i had seen in egypt, the horse i went on was s lovely and a brilliant ride. would like to go again if i was ever in sharm.

Visited February 2012
2 Thank j c
Helsinki, Finland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“very nice, unfortunately did not have time to visit twice”
Reviewed 15 February 2012

only one reason why not for 5 stars was that some security things were not on that level what I demand: helmet and boots. Of course I´v got a helmet right away when I asked. Second thing was "free tee" in beduin tent what wasn´t free after riding..have to pay anyway. But very nice guide & horses ü!

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Niina I
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Female, Solo, Inexperienced rider, looked after very well!!”
Reviewed 1 January 2012

I booked a 2hr horse ride with Omar riding club and pleasantly surprised especially after reading a couple of the negative reviews. I explained to the guide, that as a first time rider, I was very nervous and would need guidance and was reasurred he would do so, which he did and did not experience any inappropriate behaviour towards me and from what i could see, a lot of mixed ages of visitors went on rides, if they were no good, I doubt you would still have lots of people riding there.
The stables were clean, albeit Sharm is in the desert, lest we forget and having read up on arabian horses, they are not big horses, compared to our plump horses in England, which are not working horses of any kind. I booked for a second ride and bedouin camp a day after and quad biking too, so yeah, thoroughly enjoyed my time there
We must get real and not compare our standards to other countries around the world and have realistic expectations when we do.

Visited December 2011