Sol Verginia Hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Sharm El Sheikh
See available hotels
Tower Beach Club(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Restaurant
Turquoise Beach Hotel(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Pool
Logaina Sharm Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
View Hotel
Iberotel Palace(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Breakfast included
Dessole Seti Sharm Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Breakfast included
Beach Albatros Sharm(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Breakfast included
Aqua Blu(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Beachfront
Aqua Blu Sharm(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Breakfast included
Regency Sharm Hotel(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Beachfront
Hotel Sunset(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 October 2011

Egypt fascinated me since I can remember, and now when I was there and toured Cairo, Luxor, the Monastery of Saint. Catherine and I saw the underwater wonders for yourself, my fascination is even greater. The beach in Sharm el Sheikh is clean and the water in a sea of ​​sensational. Egypt's landscape is beautiful, the clear colors - sky, water, sand and palm trees and vegetation are of oriental delight everyone, and for that sun still shines. At night the stars in the sky are so low that one has the impression that you can not reach the.
ABOUT HOTEL
The hotel offers a sensational atmosphere - employees are doing everything that holidaymakers were happy, they are constantly smiling, always available to help and, in contrast to our men are not at all aggressive or vulgar (in the hotel because they are working men). You might want to see in these people and not only gray workers, it can really be grateful. For every good word and a smile repay double. It is simply sensational, people who will do anything to see a smile on your face holidaymakers, except that it is worth noting that they can speak in different languages, even in Polish, which is rare in Egypt. Medical care is top notch, so that you do not have to worry about.
The food is very good and varied, everyone will find something for yourself, I recommend coffee cappuccino, marvelous and beautifully stated otherwise.
Animators - sensational young people, all day entertain tourists by organizing various fun. And after dinner entertainment evenings are organized.
Rooms spotless, cleaned daily, and even bed linen and towels are changed daily. Each room has a refrigerator. Every day, vacationers get to the room after a bottle of mineral water per person. Towels do not need to take each other as they are both in the rooms. Deck chairs and towels are free. In fact, everything is all inclusive option, so I will not float any more about it.
A few information about the baksheesh, it depends: the shock can survive after leaving the plane on the way to the coach, lots of men trying to pick up our bags and take the bus for which the draw hand after baksheesh, even as it is that they put inside suitcase want money, but not allow tourists to the coach that you loaded the bags themselves. Next already baksheesh is a pure form of thanks for services rendered to tourists and is completely voluntary. Without this, these people, and so do their job as best they can, and for an additional 1 or $ 2 sometimes left in the room can do wonders, so that when you return you will feel like in a fairy tale (for bedding various hearts, swans, and crocodiles made ​​of towels and fresh petals scattered around the flowers).
I highly recommend this hotel for everyone: both young people (romantically), families with children (for children are additional attractions-disco, playground and care, etc.), older people (peaceful place and health-giving properties of the Red Sea) as well as singles (definitely will not get bored) and likes to relax both the active (sports, games organized by a group of animators, fitness, table tennis and many, many other possibilities) as well as what they like hot baths, sun, cold drinks, or simply lie back and revel with beautiful views.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Kasia K
Reviewed 21 September 2011

I really enjoyed My stay so much very convenient excellent service at rest. And bar management is understanding specially khiled mostafa

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Me and my Partner stayed here for 2 weeks 9th September 2007 and had a really good time.. The Hotel is clean and the staff very friendly and couldnt do enough for you.Especially Sammy and Mohammed .. We met some lovely people ( not many english though, seems to be full of Polish,Dutch + German's) Rooms are very Basic not what you would expect for 4 * rating and food was a bit repetative and no fresh fruit!! We done loads of trips.Snorkelling is a MUST and Cairo is a good day (bit long on the bus though..7 hours but worth it when you get there) Only downside was hassle when you got outside of the hotel ,Taxis constantly beeping at you and also hassle to go into to the shops which was annoying when all you wanted to do was window shop....Watch out for the Stomach cramps I was bad for 8 days and my OH 4 days however we did not let it spoil our holiday and got some tablets from Pharmacy across the road which did the trick.( not really sure what the source was)..I would consider returning but would like a Hotel a bit nearer to Namma bay ( Taxis were £2.00 ) also Faid + Ali the hotel Taxi drivers will take you anywere and pick you up and they know there way around....Also the Reception staff are really helpful and nothing is too much trouble...Animation team were also very friendly and funny guys...

Overall a friendly hotel and great weather...

Thanks
Maz

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Maza08
Reviewed 27 September 2010

We stayed here on a B & B basis as we like to travel around and not stay in the hotel 24/7. Although nearly all other occupants were AI.
The hotel was very welcoming with really spacious rooms. Our room was interconnecting with our son and Mother in law as requested, with a huge lovely balcony each overlooking the pools.
The flowers decorating the hotel were stunning.
The music in the hotel in the evenings started around 8-8.30pm and continued through until 11.30pm. I am glad to say we were at the opposite end of the hotel, as this was quite loud. You could here it thumping all evening but as we were only B & B we went out each evening and could avoid it.
Sol Verginia is a hotel that seems mainly based towards the Russian clientele. We were ready for this before arrival and were ready for the pushy, gready and arogant attitude. They love to hog the limelight and enjoy the 'entertainment/animation teams' - a good chance for them to show off. We found out that Czecs and many Easter European countries now have found Egypt and Sharm and this is one of their main holiday destinations.
If you don't appreciate Russian's don't go here.
The hotel beach is a short shuttle bus away and goes hourly. The hotel are happy to supply towels for the beach for the sunbeds that are located above the beach. You go down some steps to reach the 20yd pontoon out to enter the water. You CANNOT enter from the beach due to the protected corals.Even though some idiots try to. The water when you reach it is quite deep and unless you are a competent swimmer not ideal. The pontoon also rocks quite a lot and takes a bit of getting used to.
I would not call Sol Verginia 4 star but more of a 3 star feel. It could be better but they try very hard to ensure everyone is happy. But it suited us on our first trip to Egypt.
Towel art was superb from Muhamed! and also the pool attendant another Muhamed was very attentive with placing flowers on the towels to reserve your sunbed in the mornings. Really sweet.
We found some excellent eating places during our stay. 2 in El Mercato (20 LE taxi ride) - Charleston (Italian food) with SUPERB service (esp. Mustafa) and food at a reasonable price. Onions nearby to McDonalds and Charleston in El Mercato also SUPERB food more of an international flavour, SUPERB service again. Also El Sultan WONDERFUL seafood restaurant in Old Market (10 LE taxi ride) just as you enter 50yds the archway on the right hand side.Seabass to die for!
Any questions please feel free to ask as I have probably missed some points.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2010

First off, I will give you a review of the Sol Verginia hotel:
As I am a Canadian who was travelling with a Russian friend, we booked an 8-day stay at this hotel through a very good travel agent in Moscow who gave us specific details about the hotel as she knew them and did say most of the people there would be Russians travelling all-inclusive.
We felt this would not be a problem for us as we booked to be half board so we could experience meals and nightlife elsewhere. When we arrived late on first evening, the night desk clerk (who was very helpful at other times) wrote out a form for us indicating the times of breakfast and lunch.
On our first full day there, we were almost finished with lunch when the food service manager came over and told us we had to pay US$12 each for the meal. We showed him the form that indicated half board was breakfast and lunch but he insisted the front desk clerk was wrong and we owed the US$24. Despite two of the busboys and the front desk clerk indicating otherwise, we paid the money and realized we would change our schedule around to now have breakfasts and dinners at the hotel. I must also mention at this time, we later found that local restaurants charged far less than US$12 each for far superior food than what was offered with the continuous buffet at the hotel.
That said, for the next few days, all else was ok with the hotel...the restaurant busboys were great, front desk help was good, the owner of the gift shop was very helpful (and reasonably priced with many things).
During supper on the evening of the 5th day, the food service manager came over to us once again and insisted we had to pay US$1 each for any beverage we had with our meal (regardless of tea, coffee, water, etc.). As we purchased half board, up until that time we had each been having one cup of tea after breakfast and one after supper...but apparently beverages were not supposed to be included with half board at all here! I found this totally absurd as I had never experienced such a thing in all my travels and went to speak with the hotel manager. He did not feel that it was worth waiving $6 worth of tea to let us enjoy our stay the remainder of our vacation...only offered to let us purchase an all-inclusive meal plan for US$110 each so we could drink anything we wanted (including alcoholic beverages) for the next 3 days!
The non-management staff was very sympathetic and felt the hotel manager and food service manager were being ridiculous but they could do nothing to help either.
If you were to choose to stay there, my advice would be to not opt a meal plan and eat at nearby restaurants. You can purchase water and other beverages very cheaply at nearby stores for SUBSTANTIALLY less than what the hotel would charge...and you end up with much better variety of what to eat and drink than the hotel offers. The nearby El Mercato mall has excellent restaurants and gives you a nice evening walk from the hotel as a side benefit!
Overall my impression of the hotel was that they should not be allowed to continue advertising themselves as a 5-star hotel. Being VERY GENEROUS, it really is at best a 3-star...it is clean and adequate but nothing spectacular.
Now we come to the critical part...a review of the location! So why do I suggest you avoid Sharm El Sheikh you ask?
Again I will mention that I travel extensively...have been throughout Canada, the US, Central America, Caribbean Islands, North Africa, Europe...and this trip was 29,484 kms of personal travel with friends through Spain, Russia and Egypt by plane and train for most of the month of March.
My Russian friend and I primarily picked Sharm El Sheikh because it was a reasonably inexpensive spot where I could scuba dive in the Red Sea and we could generally relax in a sunny atmosphere.
I have to admit, the Red Sea was amazing...reefs and fish were probably next best I have seen to the barrier reef off the coast of Belize. A day trip to Ras Mohammed National Park was well worth the effort.
Beyond that, there was not much else worth seeing in the area.
The "free local beaches" (said so on their signs) cost US$5 each to enter. The "free" hotel beach was closed to swimming every single day that we were there.
Naama Bay could be a ticky-tacky touristy spot almost anywhere in the world...selling mainly cheap knock-offs of high end products and very cheap 'made in China' souveniers.
Shopkeepers and restaurants there and in the Sharm Old Market consistently would try to short change you when you purchased anything...mainly by giving you a LOT of very small Egyptian bills as part of your change (figuring you would not likely count it).
As well, despite their initial friendly appearance, those same shopkeepers would have a dialogue that went like this:
"Hey my friends! Where are you from? Come..come into my shop!"
We would reply we were from Russia and Canada.
I would either get the answer of "China?" or "Hey...Canada Dry!" (to which they would laugh but no one could explain why it was funny).
Then when we would say we were only out for a walk to enjoy the sights and the evening they would almost universally tell us to "[--] OFF!"
Quite honestly, I have found that Canadians are usually VERY WELL received when they travel...and I have never been told to [--] off so many times in my life!
In chatting with the few locals in Sharm El Sheikh who were very friendly, they all suggested we come back again but stay in Taba or Marsa Alam since they were not so touristy and the locals much nicer.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends