“first trip to egypt” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #116 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“first trip to egypt”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

my wife and i ,stayed at this hotel in the first week of june, our first trip to egypt .
when we arrived we were pleasantly met by andrew on the desk and given the low down on the hotel. From then on we didnt have to lift a finger. the rooms were spacious and very clean , and this was cleaned daily to a high standard , and every day we had a different display made of towels and petals on returning to our room . ( amazing). The food was very good with with a varied choice ,three nights in the week we had barbecue and freshly made pizzas . The waiters couldnt do enough for you, some people asked for things like fried eggs , french fries , and pizzas , they got this sorted with the chefs .The hotel complex itself was vary spacious, clean, and very well designed. It is a beautiful place to relax and unwind.
So my summary of this lovely place is ,if you want to eat english food and do nothing out of the ordinary , go to spain . But if you want to try a different holiday i would highly reccomend this hotel . Thankyou bridgette you run a very well organized lovely hotel . your animation team , have endless energy, your staff all of them are fabulous people naming just a few ,andrew on the front desk, and fady , ahmed in the restuarant. . we hope tourism picks up for all of you in sharm , and yes we will be back . darren and mandy

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank darren t
, General Manager at Panorama Naama Heights, responded to this review, 23 June 2012
thank you so much for your review. and it was a pleasure to have you as our guest. we are waiting for you to come back. take care and thank you

general manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Stamford, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

PLEASSSEEE PLEASE PLEASE REEAADDD THIISSSS IT MIGHT SAVE YOUR HOLIDAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just want to say they let me of an £6 bar bill although the stuff i actually had was worth about £2 outside the hotel , that was about the best thing i can say about the hotel , when it came to leaving they took my bags and hid them so we couldnt leave until we payed and i was standing at reception trying to explain for 20 minutes before the bus had arrived that we had no money left as the food was soo bad and gave me and another 6 or seven guests (only about 15 guests in the whole hotel) bad stomachs most days so not only us but about 7 guest ordered mcdonalds and a few more also had to eat out at night aswell out of the 14 days we was there we had 5 mcdonalds and ate out 7 times which is unacceptable considering we was there all inclusive s we could spend our money on excursions which we managed to do 1 out of 5 we had planned. The one excursion we done was a boat trip which we was promised by our 'hotel' rep 99% we would see dolphins which we didnt we was also promised this was the cheapest we could get it we payed i think 600 eqyptian pound which when we went to naama bay beach (which is lovely but u cant sit anywhere as its all owned by different hotels and our hotel wasnt one of them) we got offered a boat trip which was on a better boat with better food and drink for 300 egyptian food, we also found out that every trip he wanted us to book was almost doube the price and when your all inclusive you dont have that sort of money to waste and wouldnt he also wouldnt take no for an answer and made me and my girlfriend who is pregnant very uncomfortable when we walked away!!! also be carfull with the shop as we found cigarettes were half the price outside the hotel and that went for most things.. as for the hotels taxi driver we wanted to buy a visa which was about 200 egyptian when he was trying to charge 350 then he gave us a lift to get a visa and after we got the visa he told us we had to get it stamped at the airport i told him i didnt have the money fo do this so he told me dont worry i will do it for you which stupidly enough i believed and let him do this 'favour' for me i was in a pair of shorts and i was on my own my girlfriend was at the hotel and he told me she didnt need to be there, so when we got there the airport wouldnt let me in as i had no t shirt and wudnt give me a visa as my girlfriend wasnt there. now hes a taxi driver with at least 30 years experience who drives to the airpot everyday and has lived in egypt all his life now if he doesnt no u need to be there to get a stamp on the visa and that u wasnt alowed in without a t shirt then im half egyptian half camel , he certainly gave me the ump! so we drove all the way bk to the airport to get my tshirt and my other half and he drove us all the way bk to the airport , i had my suspisions at this point so before we left i inisisted i had no money to pay for this as we are a young couple who saved up all year (maybe this is why he tried his luck, i dont know!) but he insisted on taking us, as didnt want to let us miss out on this trip to cairo ( which we got for 100 egyptian for both of us and it takes 7 hours, the airport takes 5-10 minutes) when we finally got everything sorted and thanking him continuously i rounded up all the money we had left and gave him 180 egytian pound when we left and to our amazment he turned round and said this isnt no way enough i started to laugh thinking it was some sort of joke but he was serious and then became quite aggressive when i told him that was all our money we had left which he already knew and then speeded off making us feel like we were horrible people as we have a concious!! we spoke to a few families and they said the same and he charged almost treble to women and new customers so be vary carfull and make sure you haggle everything or risk getting taken advantage off. last thing is we bought 2 mask and snorkles and we left these at the side of the pool which one had been stolen although theres only 15 people in the hotel at this point !! my girlfriend went and asked reception if they had found it or had it handed in in lost property or something, they re assured her as it was stolen from the hotel they would send someone up to our room and replace it immediatly so we was really happy with this as we did not expect them to say that. so 3 day later after my girlfriend reminding them at least 3 times a day and with them reassuring us one was on the way everytime, it got to the day of the boat trip where we ovibously needed them, so she went down there and told them we were leaving for the boat trip and needed them before we went they then told her there was nothing they can do its not there problem and thats the end of it quite sternly as she came up to the room crying (maybe half hormones as she is 2 months pregnant) so i go down there and ask whats been going on and they start shouting at her and pointing in her face when im stood right there, there are 2 big guys who are really intimidating especially when there shouting arabic and pointing in a young pregnant ladies face! she didnt even want to walk past reception for the rest of the holiday! anyway bridget manage to loan us a pair until we got back from the boat trip. Going back to when we wated to leave we was trying to explain to the 2 meatheads behind reception that we had no money can we leave our address and pay when we get back to england, they started shouting again at my girlfriend and not saying anything to me which suggest to me there just trying to bully us and make us pay with money we dont have as i give it to the dodgy taxi driver and spent it on food, so we missed our bus to the airport as they had hid our bags. they got bridget the mangager to come and speak to us and when we told her our problems she insisted were mad and that we have to get ust to their culture and their food sh told us we didnt have a dodgy stomach and that no one had to eat out , which is completely thoughtless as my girlfriend in tears at this point, we have no way of getting to the airport and if we miss that plane no where to stay and no money, we also at this point have 20 workers all standing around us while the manager is shouting at us as if were naughty school kids. after 10minutes of getting shouted t by the manager and made to feel so intimidated with 20 or so workers standing around us she finally got us on one of her mini buses and got us to the airport they then dropped us off a 10 minute walk away as it cost 50p to get into the airpot and as we had no money they wouldnt pay it even tho they just made us miss our buss we had already paid for! and lastly the slides are only open for a couple of hours theres no fruit unless u pay and there is NO SPA OR GYM .. i really hope this makes up your mind as this hotel and manager completly ruined are holiday and we really felt we lost out on our money and was promised so much and delievered so little ... DONT LET IT PUT U OFF SHARM ITS BEAUTIFUL BUT MAKE SURE U GET A HOTEL ON THE BEACH OR CERTAINLY NOT THIS HOTEL... i tried telling her all my problems before we left and she had an answer for everything maybe this is why there was 15 people there and that it may never improve thank for your time good luck and happy holidays and also when we arrived we got shown to the wrong room with to single beds and we we said we need a double they tried to push them together i thought it must be a joke but nooooo . when he eventually moved us he then asked for money with his hand gesture which i then gave him £1 and he gave me it back and said it wasnt enough , everything i put here is completely 100% accurate and there a hell of alot more i could put if u want to no more !!!p.s the reason we had no money when we went to cairo was because we had friends there who let us stay with them for 3 days and they were showing us around for nothing so when they come here we can return the favour just incase bridget tried to answer that one !!!!

Room Tip: mak sure u get a room with air con as i think only 1 in every 3 work lol we got moved once and anot...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Ricky M
, General Manager at Panorama Naama Heights, responded to this review, 24 June 2012
Whawwwwww, you take your time to write your review. i will write to you back in the same language you wrote. You write we dont want to let you go. You try to get of to pay your bill, even you get it, and at the end i dont let you pay and even i give you our shuttle bus to bring you for FREE to the airport. concerning your trips, you lost your snorkeling mask, and we gave you one from the hotel to use, even yes you ask for it 2 times, but at the end you get one the day before you go on your trip. and you where so happy, you even told me thank you so much we will put a very nice review?? if you write some thing write the truth, that you where drinking all day during your whole holiday is your problem not mine. And if you are used to eat all this Mc donald stuff, what is very healthy??? we serve a good food, it depends what you used to eat at home, you are in Egypt not in England so don't expect you will get English food here. Your taxi to the airport cost only 100 Egyption pound why you make it more. When you write something write the truth, the prices are on the board in the reception, and this man is working with us for a long time and we never have complain from that he charge more, because he dont, and he is 30 years old how he have experience 30 years, please!! when you left even you dint have to pay anything. My staff did their job, you cant leave before you pay your bill, because i am the only one who can let you go, because other wise the staff needs to pay this out of their own pocket, is this what you want . And no one shouted to you pregnant girlfriend like you say, Why you mention this all the time?? And the people behind my receptions are not Meat head, look first for yourself please. Every day you drink from the morning till the night, so please try to be straight, and dont make your mistakes look like it is ours. They put you of on the airport in the front of the door, So please stop with lying, you will feel a lot better if you dont. And no one needs to pay to change the room, and my staff dont ask you for money, why is it only in your review!!! I dont need to answer to you for anything, i know my hotel, and i know my staff, you can read my other reviews, Look i let you go WITHOUT PAYING YOUR BILL , even you drink this all, and i dont let you pay even the taxi you used almost have day. so try to be reasonable. and dont write what is not the truth. You write you go to Cairo and this people , your friends let you stay for free, yes if you are my friends i let you also stay for free, but you are not my friends, So you need to pay for your holiday , We are not a center who let people stay for free. At the end we are a hotel!! But at the end thank you for staying with us, and next time book a 5* hotel on the sea, and i hope at this time you will have money to pay for your visit to Egypt, Because when you go on holiday you need money, nothing in the world is for free!!

Aylesbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

I've gone for excellent on this review because on balance, the hotel really was fantastic value for money. I calculated that I paid around £20 a day per person for our stay. For that we were well looked after and had non-stop access to good food and drink. Our room was clean and comfortable, there was a lovely pool area, staff were helpful and friendly and I really enjoyed the food. The hotel's attitude is if you want something, ask for it and they'll do their best to provide it. You can't say fairer than that!

I was in Sharm for a week's diving with my partner so we didn't spend our days in the hotel. We had booked all inclusive but even though we didn't eat lunch in the hotel, I still think it's worth paying for all inclusive because it's such good value for money and you can always get something to eat or drink. The hotel will provide breakfast and lunch boxes if you ask but we chose to eat on our dive boat every day. If we got back between meals, there were snacks available in the pool area.

Regarding the food - the chef really went out of his way to cater for us. The food was fresh, delicious and generally local cuisine but if you asked for something, it was added to the menu. There were lovely barbecues three times with home made kofte and chicken. They also made wonderful homemade pizzas on two evenings. The range of food included things like lasagne, moussaka, dolmades, stir fry beef and green peppers, couscous and there was always rice and a potato dish. If you wanted an English dish, I think they would try to provide it but to be honest, the local food is fantastic and that's what I would choose to eat anyway. Breakfasts included fresh omlettes - cooked to order - and pancakes. There wasn't a full English option but again, I wouldn't want to eat this abroad anyway. We drank white wine with our meals and it was decent and much better than the wine we had in our last hotel in Sharm. The local beer was also nice.

The restaurant staff were lovely - really friendly and helpful. Most people chose to eat inside because it was cooler but we always ate outside because the terrace area by the pool was nicer. The staff always went out of their way to set up tables for us and make sure we had what we needed. On a few occasions, they cooked outside and there was a really nice atmosphere.

The pool area is really clean and very relaxing. The animation team is perfect - they are polite and friendly but don't push you into doing things if you don't want to. They knew we were just there to dive so they always passed the time of day with us but let us get on with our own plans.

Our room was very clean and well maintained. The cleaner checked with us if we needed anything and went out of his way to entertain us with his towel creations.

When we visited, the hotel wasn't very full due to the recent elections. This suited us as it was quite peaceful but even if the hotel was at maximum capacity, there are plenty of sunbeds and facilities for everyone and I think the service would remain of the same high standard.

The location of the hotel was fine for us because we were picked up and dropped off every day for our dive trips. We walked down to Naama bay one evening and it took about 15 minutes. It wasn't a pleasant view because there's still a lot of building work going on but this doesn't affect you at all in the hotel. The hotel provides courtesy buses anyway to take you to Soho Square and the beach so unless you want to be right in the middle of all the action in Naama Bay, the location isn't a problem.

In all holidays there are some minor problems. The hotel wifi wasn't working when we were there and the water wasn't very hot for the showers. However, nothing spoilt our enjoyment.

Having been to Egypt a few times and done quite a lot of travelling, I would say that this is excellent value for money. If you are looking for a top hotel in Egypt, you definitely need to book 5 star and pay a lot more money. If you are looking for English food and drink, Egypt probably isn't the place for a holiday.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Emma W
thank you so much for your honest review. we where very happy to have you as our guest. and we really hope to see you again. take care
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

We stayed here in march this year WOT can i say the staff were amazing hany the front desk manager could not do enough to make our stay amazing Big thank you to him ......... bridget you do a fantastic job keep the good work up ...... for the money you pay for this hotel i can not see no reason to moan about anything .we had such a fantastic time we go back in 4 weeks look forward to seeing you all love catherine & linsey xxx

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Catherine R
thank you both for the very nice review. we are really looking forward to see you again.

Aberfan, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

We stayed here in Oct 2011 as a family and had a great time, the staff on reception at check in were quick and helpful and Andrew was always polite and helpful throughout our holiday.
The rooms were spacious and cleaned to a high standard with the maids leaving great towel art daily.
The restaurant was clean and the staff on the whole were helpful apart from one or two lazy ones. Breakfast was nice with fresh eggs cooked to order fresh bread cereals and fruits but he food was very limited at lunchtime and evening meal, if you are a fussy eater you might struggle but the staff would make pizzas and chips on request for children.
The pool area was immaculate, Ahmed the pool/towel guy was great with always a friendly word and a joke or two. he worked very hard cleaning and making the guests feel welcome and our sunbeds were ready for us every morning.
The aqua park was switched on twice daily which the kids enjoyed and had great fun. The animation was limited but the staff did their best as there was only 3 of them. The evening entertainment was good most nights fire eating, belly dancers. karaoke to name a few. Marvo was great with his fire show and mido and jimmy did their bits to. The bar staff at the pool, abdo kept us entertained with fun bar trivia games and nothing was to much trouble , ahmed smiley with his shisha pipes and Khaled did a fantastic job and your glass was never empty.
All in all a great time had by all and would definitely return and recommend.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank tina1973
Me and my staff thank you for the nice review. we really hope you enjoyed your holiday and we are looking forward to see you again as our guest.