“Outstanding” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Stockholm, Sweden
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

Particularly at the price, we got a twin-room at Savoy [during low-season], it was a treat. Stayed there for three days in January.
Well-maintained rooms, pools and beaches, splendid breakfast.
Very friendly staff. Our special thanks to Magdy & Mohammad Ahmad, Concierge.
I lost my Iphone as well as camera out there in the town; both did whatever they could to help me out. Shukran!!
Just outside at Soho Square you have almost everything, though with a side-effect that sometimes you don’t leave the hotel area, missing other parts of Sharm and Sinai Peninsula.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rabieva Nastasy... R, Royal Savoy Manager at The Royal Savoy Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 13 May 2012
Dear Guests

We would like to express our sincere appreciation for publishing your very nice review on your recent holiday at Savoy Hotel. It’s our pleasure, that you enjoyed our resort with its facilities and that we exceed your expectations.

Rabieva Nastasya
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

This is much overdue (like 3 years) but I HAD to write about such a wonderful I experienced at this hotel. I am a seasoned traveller often with my family and I have to say that the Royal Savoy is one of the nicest hotels I have been to. The staff were fantastic always ready to help and assist. It was 5 of us young and excited females and there was no time we felt unsafe being at the hotel or in Sharm.It was close to other hotel, had lots of water sports and I fell in love with scuba diving…. This is a must DO, I was scared at first but when I saw all the tropical creatures I fell in love with the experience. I would go here for my 21st again….hands down! From the very first moment I landed to celebrating my 21st to leaving the resort I have great memories. They have oil scented shop on site which was amazing – I still have my room scents today it is a little bit pricy but 3 years on It was worth the money. We went for B/B which was great as the food in the hotel was fab! We had dinner there a few times and was ok (nothing to rave about). The beach was great and wasn’t too busy. The market was a little bit intence as people wanted you to come to their shop and spend, but a firm no with a smile seemed to do the trick. Went on the Nile and had lunch… was a lovely day in the sun (but it wasn’t great…just something that we wanted to tick of the list) and I am not a fan of sites/history but to see the pyramids was breath taking I have to be honest. Definitely have to do this. All in all I had such a great week and birthday and I still rant and rave about the stay. Booked with Dial a Flight who are fantastic, was my first time with them and now regularly book with them!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for having a time to post your review in this forum . We are delighted to hear that your birthday holidays were spent wonderful .

We glad ,hat the hotel facilities and service ,as well as Egypt left good memories.

Thanks for having chosen us for your vacation and looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

tirns
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

staff: that they pick you up as soon as you arrive from the airplane to avoid the rows is wonderfull. The reception, the lobby, the breakfast, the beach, the restaurants everywhere enough staff and most of them are friendly. The tirana big restaurant (to visit when you book halfboard) : the food nice, the people (russian rude, loud, farmer like) that are visiting that restaurant are awfull... For us the italian restaurant was ok. Allthough even there the russian people where pfffff...... The rooms in the ROYAL SAVOY are clean, but old.... The bathroom is overdated, the shower not possible to stand under because to low... But the rooms are big and furthermore ok. We love it to have tv and dvd in the room and after some starting up problems (all the staff should know how to get it working!) i could enjoy my ipad. Thanks Mohamed, Samuel Anna, Eva and all the others who gave us the feeling that our wishes where ok. Even the guy at the flonder where we did our snorkeling was patient and friendly. We are coming back with our kids, who will probably do some things at SOHO. For us the private beach and only some super friendly english people where enough.
(couple from Amsterdam). The people who where trying to sell some services (diving, beauty etc.) where only coming once so it didnt feel to pushy. We did a pedicure, but we think they where not qualified but also friendly. In Holland a pedicure is done quite different.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank hollidayangel
Rabieva Nastasy... R, Royal Savoy Manager at The Royal Savoy Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
Dear Guests

Thank you for sharing with us your comments on your stay with Royal Savoy.

Your feedback is very important for us .Kindly notice that all your recommendation well noted and necessary action have been taken.

We do appreciated your positive review on your team members and looking forward to welcome you again at Royal Savoy.

Best regards

Hereford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

This was our 5th visit and exceeded our expectations yet again ! We were treated like royalty from the minute we were met at the airport by George, whisked through security, passport control and baggage handling, taken by private limo` straight to the Royal Savoy Reception. This would have been impressive just for my wife and I, however, this time we had my 95 year old father with us including his wheelchair. We were greeted like old friends as usual, by Mr Hanay and Mr Hussein Ramadan.
To our delight we had both our rooms upgraded, next door to each other, which was most helpful as we had to look after my father night and day. The staff, without exception, were so attentive, kind and caring, especially with the day to day handling involving the wheelchair. Whether we were by the pool, the bars, the lounge, help down stairs and to the toilets was second to none.
Breakfast was always an occasion, with the chef Farag producing endless suprises, what he can do with an egg is amazing. Mr Hussein and his team at breakfast, in the lounge, by the pools, could not have done any more for us had we been royalty. Help was always at hand with the club cars at a moments notice, to take us to which ever restaurant we chose, either in the hotel or to Soho Square.

This holiday was made very special for us as a couple, and even more so for my father who is still talking about it now, three weeks later.

We highly recommend this hotel which is why we keep returning year after year.

Thank you so much to you all, keep up the good work !

Room Tip: Make sure you are allocated a refurbished room as work is not yet quite completed, but does not int...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Wendy B
Dear Guests

Its our honour to welcome you again and again at royal savoy. We glad that our service was up to your expectation !

We shell convey the positive comments regarding our team members and we will look forward to welcome you in near future.

Warm regards

Cheshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

we have just returned from this hotel on the 25th March. My husband and I celebrated a special birthday and anniversary. I chose this hotel from the reviews and the fact that there were no children allowed. We were not disappointed and could not thank the staff enough for all that they did to make this holiday special.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple