“Can't wait to go back!”

The Grand Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #68 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We, my husband and 1, arrived at the Grand 26th Jan for 1 week and our only regret was not having booked for longer. The staff were amazing, extremely helpful at all times and very efficient. We have travelled extensively all over the world and staff at The Grand were some of the best we have ever come accross. In fact, being as we have decided not to do anymore long haul holidays, 1 think they will be seeing us there 3 times or more each year.
1 particularly want to mention the head bakery chef to be found in the Sharm Resturant, unfortunately I've mislaid his name which 'may' be Achmed. He couldn't speak hardly any english but was amazing and extremely helpful to me. also Magdi in Sharm who was also very helpful. We found the food to be very good in all resturants and particulary Fusion. The African night is certainly worth going to, and look forward to going next time.
Mahood kept our room 733 spotlessly clean, was always smiling. The room was the only thing we were disapointed in and 1 must say rooms really do need refurbishing as thats the only thing that lets the hotel down, which is a shame as everywhere else is so good. 1 did ask about upgrading to a suite but couldn't do anything about that 'till the following day, by then we didn't feel like moving again, as were only there for a week.
The grounds and pools are beautiful, very well kept and plenty of sunbeds everywhere to choose from. A lot of hotels in egypt aren't right on the beach and this is a big plus.

we shall be returning on 26th may, providing the flights are available, and will stay for 2 weeks, so hopefully will get a suite this time and 1 believe they all have sea views, so that would be lovely, sitting on the balcony looking at the sea! Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Fleur
gm_grandsharm, General Manager at The Grand Hotel Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

On behalf of the management and the entire staff of The Grand Hotel Sharm El Sheikh, we where very pleased to have you as our guests and are happy that you enjoy your holidays with us.

We sincerely appreciate that you have done some comments regarding your stay so we will take measures to improve our services as our strategy is getting all guests satisfaction to achieve all targeted progress in hospitality.

Thank you to have chosen Red Sea Hotels for your holidays.

We wish you all the best.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

We had to move rooms originally because we were given a shoe box, which definately was not 5*. Then we were moved to a much better room on the grand floor, which meant I had a constant battle with Ants! This was somewhat annoying, although I did find imaginative ways to kill them. If I were to stay again definately upgrade to a suite when you get there as apparently it is well worth the money, also go for the stocked mini bar option as it works out much cheaper than the local shops.

We went at the beginining of September, it was awesome weather and the selection of food outside of the buffet was excellent, the buffet was standard for an Egyptian resort.

Reasonable selection of drinks and cheap cidoteston available at the pharmacy down the street for you body building enthusiasts avoid the hotel pharmacy twice the price. You should only pay £0.65p per amp MAX.

Staff were sleazy as hell, my girlfriend hated going to the buffet restaurant on her own as it made her feel uncomfortable, other than that the other staff were good.

Ali the pool boy was awesome, remember to tip him and he will look after you, lilo's, drinks etc. Our cleaner was also pretty cool, standard beach towel art was pretty good and room was cleaned to a good standard.

We met a nice couple who's TV burst into flames whilst they were watching it, and they had to evacuate their room and have all their clothes washed. The hotel staff then tried blame the couple, which was not cool at all. This didnt luckily happen to us. However, numerous electrical shortages kind of spoilt the holiday, especially as the AC didnt work and when it did it leaked.

This hotel could easily be 5* if they reminded the staff to be as respectful to customers as they Egyptian women i.e. if they stared at an Egyptian woman that way her brothers and father would surely have something to say about it. I had to remind myself that Egyptian prisons are not nice places, had this had been in the UK, then there may have been violence, it was that bad.

Pesticide, electrical maintenance and ettiquette lessons for buffet restaurant staff would easily improve this hotel.

We would go back, if the price hasnt been hiked up by Red Sea Holidays this year... I'd probably pay it but not without confirmation of them addressing the above.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite, million times better and ensure it is not ground floor due to Ants the size of g...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2012

We went for a relaxing time and that is what we got. We went with Red Sea holidays who could not be faulted. The reps were excellent
* 8 pools all very clean but too cold.
* Rooms definately need refurbishing
* Food above average and a good variety of places to eat.
* Staff polite and friendly especially around the pool. Reception could be a little more helpful.
* Grounds well kept and very pretty.
* Weather was fantastic.
* Would recommend this hotel

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank GSBank
gm_grandsharm, General Manager at The Grand Hotel Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your holiday with us on this site, and we are pleased to read that you had a ‘Nice Holiday’ taking into account our guests valuable feedback and constructive criticism, which helps us to identify areas to prioritize our focus on. We hope to host you again in the future and do not hesitate to contact us when you will return in Sharm El Sheikh it will always be a pleasure to meet you.

Thank you to have chosen Red Sea Hotels for your holidays.

We wish you all the best.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

This was our first time in eygpt and we had a lovely holiday, the hotel is excellent. From the moment we arrived we were looked after and nothing is to much trouble for the staff. The complex is kept so clean and they have a main restaurant at the top and down by the beach. Also right through the complex are places to eat and all sorts of different snack bars and restaurants. We did tip but that was because the service was so good and we wanted to show it was appreciated? The staff wait on you hand and foot, bringing drinks to your sunbeds or your table if in the bar. We used their transport instead of taxi s to visit surrounding areas as the prices were good and I felt safe. Overall I would defiantly recommend this hotel and we are hoping to go b ck in October.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 2 April 2012

My husband and I have had one week at the Grand Hotel 17 March to 24 March 2012 which was interesting because that night it was on the TV about Trip Advisor; I can assure you this is a genuine review. It was my 8th time in Sharm el Sheikh and my husband’s 3rd and SS offers a really good deal. I have stayed at all the main areas and some hotels including the Savoy therefore I have a very good idea what to expect. We booked via the Coop, got a good deal and they were excellent; Stacey advised us about the hotel as well as reading the reviews. I usually go in the summer however, this time of year was ideal since it was very very warm but not burning hot, it is getting hotter now with the spring season. We had an excellent journey on Monarch having upgraded to extra leg room and through the airport being the only plane at the time arriving.

This is a family owned hotel and one of the friendliness I have been in. The staff work hard for little pay and tipping is a custom starting with the coach and bringing your bags which you leave outside and they label and bring to your room. In some of the restaurants there seems to be a sharing system and I always tip our cleaner at the start. I was happy to change English coins for notes during and at the end because they cannot take coins to the bank or you may use Egyptian . Reception will change currency for you and are also very helpful.

We were welcomed by the hotel staff and by the Red Sea Representative Ahmed Magdy Masa who is the hardest and most professional representative I have come across; he always seems to be there (hotel and beach) and no problem is too small to be solved, also Katrina is the hotel HR is excellent; meeting us and checking regularly to see if all ok; please see either of them if you have any questions or concerns and do not leave until the end of your holiday. We were very happy with the accommodation and a large shower but no bath, there is shaving points and a hairdryer, I have put in my feedback that the brochure in the rooms needs development to save missing out on things, the well kept gardens are lovely to walk around; something not available in other hotels. As in most hotels there is a free safety deposit box in rooms and a fridge which is not always cold but report. If you like TV when away then the films are excellent although for computers etc. the network is poor as identified by other travellers; some days we could Skype – go near the desk and avoid if many around on laptops etc. We took our own kettle but new to me was the option to loan for a small price a kettle and there is a small supermarket just outside but within the grounds. There iare a few other shops including a pharmacist and an internet café in the grounds and some shops outside which is a building area although we only briefly looked. Go to the welcome meeting I learned new things.

The hotel was quiet at this time and staff were very helpful; we were able to book into the other restaurants each morning for the night after and we loved the Fusion restaurant then the Olive although we did not try the other ones; book at breakfast time for the following night to avoid disappointment especialy as it gets busy. You will note on the menu that some items have a price and this is what you pay, where there is no price it is all-inclusive including drinks except I think in the Indian Restaurant but the prices are ok. Adel the restaurant supervisor for the Sharm restaurant was very helpful and always professional; the food was very good and there was choice each day. We went to the Roof Restaurant which is good but we preferred to walk up to the Sharm. This was the start of the mosquito season and some people got bitten therefore come prepared and take care to use the air conditioning Check the rules on all inclusive drinks after midnight and the cocktail bar is popular but you need to pay, you can unlimited water in bottles.

We went to the beach each morning until 3.30ish which like all Sharm is man-made but generally good, the staff keep it very clean although as warned by other reviewers swimming is difficult because of the rocks and care needs to be taken - use the jetty. Mohamed ABD Elazez 24 and Ahmed Mahamed Yahia 12 Beach Boys were excellent bringing drinks and helping sort the beds out, we had no problem while the hotel was quite. We always had afternoon snacks at the Beach Restaurant where staff are helpful and pleasant (sorry too many to name), there was tea and coffee. There are several really great pools but too cold at the present time to go in, we only saw 3 children and they were brave enough to tip toe in. We sat round the pool where you can get snacks although we tended to stay at the one nearest the beach and staff were very good; there are other snack areas which could be tried. The animation team do their best and the room at the top of the hotel is excellent; activities are on-going even when quite. On the beach are spa treatments etc which I did not use so I cannot really comment except these are private traders and not part of the hotel which is something long term the hotel need to consider developing. There are opportunities for activities off site but take care to book through your representative otherwise your insurance may not be valid. I cannot comment on these since I have done them over the years and did not book any; fish can be seen on the small jetty. If you want to read the paper or have photographs taken you will find these in the hotel and although we did not have photos taken the ones we looked at were excellent and popular.

Unknown to me before was that we kept our room free of charge until one hour before departure which was great although I am unsure if this happens during the busiest time. The coach was on-time and I would book here again, thank you to all the staff and especially Ahmed and Katrina.

Room Tip: I had read trip advisor reviews before we went and upgraded for £65 pounds to a junior suite with se...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank holidaysrme
gm_grandsharm, General Manager at The Grand Hotel Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Dear Guest,
We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we succeeded in making your holiday the best one ever. Thank you so much for your detailed review. Your positive feedback is very much appreciated and inspiring. We look forward to welcoming you back again. Warm regards from all of us in Sunny Sharm,