Steigenberger ALDAU Beach Hotel
US$ 102
US$ 97
Official Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna(El Gouna)(Great Value!)
US$ 220
US$ 126
US$ 142
US$ 115
3,662 results
All reviewsal dautamarind restaurantalexander restaurantspecial thanksmain restaurantaqua magichuge poolpool barall inclusive packagekids clubhalf boardkids areaamazing hotelreception teamfront officeguest relationssea view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 June 2012

This is a large German owned hotel so there were lots of Germans, very large tall Germans and a few Russians. The place is very nice, clean, quiet, nice pools with a good breakfast. The dive shop on site is pretty good as well, although the dives were OK not great. Just outside the hotel there were numerous restaurants and shopping opportunities which was nice. We never let the immediate area except when on tour.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bkb82
Reviewed 25 June 2012

My boyfriend paid for a 1 week holiday at the Steigenberger Al Dau Beach resort in June 2012 and I have to say it was the best holiday we have ever been on.

I simply cannot fault the hotel in any way. We stayed in an elite sea view room, with a large balcony overlooking fabulous views of the golf course, pools, beach and the Red Sea. The rooms were huge, spotless, well decorated, with ample storage for clothes, suitcases etc. The bathroom was beautiful too, with large sink space, big bath and a power shower big enough for two ;-).

The hotel itself was gorgeous, the lobby was breathtaking as we arrived, and we were greeted by warm, friendly staff, offering us a complimentary glass of wine whilst we checked in.

There are too many great features to describe at this hotel, but the best of all has to be the GIGANTIC swimming pools! They are absolutely gorgeous. There is a large heated pool, shallow enough for children, then the main pool is bigger than you can imagine, no matter how many people are staying at the hotel, you couldn't bump into or get splashed by anyone else if you tried! There are sunloungers in the water at the far end of the pool, which are absolutely brilliant for relaxing in the sun with a cocktail or 10! As if all this wasn't enough, there's a lazy river that spans the whole of the hotel near enough. You can float around on rubber rings for an hour and still would have only lapped the river once or twice!

The private beach is beautiful, boasting it's own beach restaurant called Tanga beach restaurant. The food in the day here is yummy (pizzas, pasta, burgers, Mediterranean buffet), but at night time it comes alive even more, turning into a Lebanese/ Oriental fine dining restaurant. Aside from the Tanga restaurant, there is also another fine dining restaurant on the beach, the main buffet restaurant, pool restaurant etc. Both me and my boyfriend are usually stupidly fussy about food (especially in a foreign country), however, we both adored all of the food on offer here!

There is far too much for me to describe on this site without boring you, but there is just one more thing I need to stress to anyone considering a holiday at this hotel.... Contrary to a couple of other reviews on here, the staff are not rude or ignorant in the slightest! They were some of the nicest, friendliest people we have ever met and they couldn't do enough for you (and this is without us tipping them)! Every single day they went out of their way to chat to us, they love the English and the banter! My only assumption is that those who have given the staff bad reviews were uptight and rude themselves.

Anyway, thanks for reading my 20,000 word essay... GET YOUR HOLIDAY BOOKED AT THE STEIGENBERGER AL DAU BEACH RESORT NOW PEOPLE :-)

Room Tip: If you book a deluxe sea view room, make sure it is 3rd floor or higher as the plants and trees block the view. Failing that, just complain and you will be upgraded to an Elite room!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Catherine C
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Hotel View, staff, cleaning & food are great. I enjoyed my whole week vacation there. Beach is great also. It is the perfect family vacation place.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher level are quieter. Don't reach the hotel before 3:00 PM, because if earlier you are going to wait.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank princesamiro
Reviewed 10 June 2012

With mother we were last year for the first time in this hotel and I can speak of him in superlatives themselves. Location of the hotel is practically a stone's throw from the first store, the staff is very friendly and helpful, the room is large enough and clean, food is always fresh selection is very diverse, so to find something for everyone and if your heart desires, long sandy beach with sunbeds and umbrellas, a huge swimming pool complex with lazy river, sauna and Jacuzzi, all five assessment deserves. You could write a whole novel, but you lay on your heart, go and see for yourself you will not regret for one moment his decision and want you back every time.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2012

I have just read some. Negative coments on this hotel and I am staying there at this moment in time, this is my tenth night, all I can say about negative comments is you can please some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time, there is not one bad comment I can make about this hotel there are plenty of sunbeds the place is clean and the staff Could not be nicer, the hotel is fantastic the staff the management so stop knocking it I will never stay anywhere else other than at the Steigenberger al dau beach here in Hurghada

Room Tip: I took someone's tip and asked for a room on the 5th floor away from noise and I got it across the pool lovely queen sized bed, ac in all rooms
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo