I read a lot of reviews before going to the hotel and some of them commented about the attitude of the staff. I thought these people were arrogant and hard to please, until I visited the hotel myself.
I went there with two friends for a 3 night stay on the beginning of May 2012. I have visited many hotels before all over Egypt in many cities including Hurghada itself, and for the first time in my travels, I was forced to sign a dress code (before getting our room keys or even having our welcome drink). The dress code insists that you should not attend diner without your shoes (wearing slippers or sandals). I agree that the hotel is trying to pertain its image by such rules, but first of all, this is a beach club not a city restaurant and people do not wear shoes to the beach and secondly this is a place where I pay money to have fun and I have never felt worse than when the restaurant receptionist gave me and my friends "the stare" for not being prepared with shoes for our stay (at the beach club).
Other than that (and also the fact that our room was only cleaned once in our 3 night stay since house keeping always insisted on cleaning the room at 17:00 ~ 18:00 which is also a new experience for me), the food quality is excellent, the pool is huge and very good, the hotel architecture (as all other Steigenberger hotels I visited) is fantastic and there are many beach activities although they are a bit pricey.
Overall, I enjoyed my stay (everywhere except the restaurant), but may think twice before going there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Steigenberger Al Dau Beach Hotel is an exclusive luxury hotel built in fascinating Swahili architecture, situated directly on the beach at the southern tip of Hurghada with a spectacular view of the sea. The hotel is famous for its luxurious spacious rooms and superb restaurants, and it presents a variety of unrivaled features; from a unique Lazy River, inviting you to lose yourself in the tranquility of a gentle river ride, floating through the landscaped gardens until you disembark straight into an amazing pool covering 5,000 m3. A private beach that is almost half a kilometer in length, just to relax or to play, with "Ilios" the world class dive club and aqua center, where you can scuba dive, snorkel, go windsurfing, water skiing or parasailing. A 9 hole par 3 golf course, floodlit, for playing a challenging game of golf under the summer night sky. As for the feeling of complete well-being; immerse yourself in 1000 m2 of the "Algotherm Red Sea Thalasso & Spa" for pampering body treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Steigenberger Al Dau Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Steigenberger Al Dau Beach Resort
- Hotel Steigenberger Al Dau Beach