Have just returned from this hotel and have to say we have had a wonderful time.
It takes about 5mins from airport to get to, the rooms are spacious and kept very clean and you get free water on the all inc package tea and coffee.
The hotel is kept spotless and the grounds to.
The staff are very polite and had very quick service from food to drinks.
We didn,t use the speciality restaurants as was quite happy
with the buffet service. I wouldn't say the food was 5 star but was one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at in Egypt as been 5x before and plenty of choice for all.
There is a heated pool the others were to cold to use, there is jaquzzi island and a sauna to use as well, the beach good too although sea a bit chili.
We didn,t do as much as we liked as my husband developed a tooth problem and the hotel doctor and Anna where brilliant sorted taxi at fixed price to the hospital where the dentist was, the tooth was extracted and had a first class service, the taxi man waited for us and took us back to the hotel from leaving the hotel to being treated and returned it only took about an hour brilliant service.
There are some shops across the road from hotel cleopatras was easy as have fixed prices the others are a pain as forever haggling and personally couldn't be bothered.
It is very windy so the mornings are quite chilly and so is the afternoon from about 3.30 so would suggest taking a hoodie or most people were walking around in the hotel dressing gowns provided in the rooms, the breeze would probably be very welcomed in the hotter seasons.
we would love to return sometime when it's slightly warmer as we are well travelled and enjoy warm weather but price and value for money for a quick week in jan was brilliant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Steigenberger Al Dau Beach Hotel is an exclusive luxury hotel built in fascinating Swahili architecture, situated directly on the beach at the southern tip of Hurghada with a spectacular view of the sea. The hotel is famous for its luxurious spacious rooms and superb restaurants, and it presents a variety of unrivaled features; from a unique Lazy River, inviting you to lose yourself in the tranquility of a gentle river ride, floating through the landscaped gardens until you disembark straight into an amazing pool covering 5,000 m3. A private beach that is almost half a kilometer in length, just to relax or to play, with "Ilios" the world class dive club and aqua center, where you can scuba dive, snorkel, go windsurfing, water skiing or parasailing. A 9 hole par 3 golf course, floodlit, for playing a challenging game of golf under the summer night sky. As for the feeling of complete well-being; immerse yourself in 1000 m2 of the "Algotherm Red Sea Thalasso & Spa" for pampering body treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Steigenberger Al Dau Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Steigenberger Al Dau Beach Resort
- Hotel Steigenberger Al Dau Beach