“Grand Seas Resort Hostmark, Entertainers!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Grand Seas Resort Hostmark
Ranked #97 of 228 Hotels in Hurghada
Berlin, Germany
“Grand Seas Resort Hostmark, Entertainers!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2011

I have recently visited the Grand Seas Resort with my family and we really enjoyed out stay here. Our room was very clean and the hotel is situated in a lovely part of the country. The hotel itself was beautiful and we really enjoyed the Entertainment team that were available. Some of the entertainment team were especially helpful; Lauren, Sophie, Totti, Adbul and Maria. Our children didnt want to leave the hotel! We have now returned to our home in Germany and are sure that we will be returning next year and would be glad to see the Entertainment team again! Thank you for the stay.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Sophie S
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2011

I mainly enjoyed the entertainment at the hotel! They were amazing and very fun! I wanted to stay because they were that good! The team of Lauren, Sophie, totti, Abdul and Maria were very nice polite people! They made me feel very welcome. I'll be telling my friends all about it when I get back to Germany! A very pleasant time!

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Kit21
Delhi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2011

Satisfied with our stay. Buildings are colonial style. Rooms are large and comfortable . Atmosphere is tranquil. Sport activities include diving, wind surfing, snorkeling, tennis, fitness centre etc. Meals on full board basis are generous.The service is friendly but slow and inefficient. The hotel is located 10-15 minutes taxi ride to the center of Hurghada.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank moju72
Belgrade, Serbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

As I liked it very much last year, I got back this year with my friends.

The hotel is in a very nice place: 10-15 km from the town, that assures you a great sandy beach. Each room has a pool (that is huge)/sea view, rooms are spacious and clean with safe deposit box, air condition, tv. The towels are changed every day. The hotel has its own diving and windsurfing club, spa, gym, a few shops and a pharmacy. WiFi is available in entire hotel.

Food is good - everyone can find something for it's taste - from eggs, toast, jams, sausages, croissants, pancakes, fruits, etc. for breakfast to chicken, beef, fish and pasta, sweets, watermelons, bananas, etc. for dinner. We were on HB and it is tottaly enough. The only advantage of AI is free water (or other drinks) as it costs LE 12.00 in the hotel, but you can always smuggle some :)

The animation team is excellent!!! Nemo & co. are the best!!!

Every day from 10:00 to 12:00 and from 15:00 to17:00 they are by the pool, assuring a good fun. You can never be bored with them. You can play volleyball, waterpollo, aqua-aerobic, aerobic, morning stretching, darts, etc. and also they will teach you belly and latino dance. Every night from 20:30 there is a kids show, and from 21:30 fakir show, miss/mr hotel, cabaret comedy show, voice of egypt, best dancer,... After that - disco time with DJ Rody! Our holiday was the best but they made it eaven better!

I highly recommend this hotel to all as it can offer you a peacefull yet amusing holiday!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank AleksandraBG
Alexandria
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

While I did my best to have a good time at this hotel with my family (which I did), I will not be going to this hotel again. The first bad impression we had was when we entered the "air conditioned lobby" which was very poorly air conditioned and had us sweating. When I asked the bartender later on about the A/C, he said the heat was too strong for the lobby air conditioner (never mind that other hotels are in the same heat and do not have this problem). The restaurant had the same A/C problem too. Curiously, this was all solved on the 3rd day of my trip. Plus, the entire lobby seemed to be a smoking area.
The A/C in my parents' room was more like a heater as well.

I was struck by the poor service, and had a particularly annoying incident where I asked the bartender by the pool for a cup of diet Coke (my mother is diabetic) - upon tasting it and realizing it tasted a bit weird I went back to the bar and asked for another one to see how he had made it, and found out that their idea of "diet" was filling half the cup with regular Coke and adding soda to it to dilute the taste of sugar. He insisted that it was the same taste, upon which I spent 5 minutes explaining to him the concept of diabetes and the importance of proper control of blood glucose - he eventually admitted that they didn't have any REAL diet Coke (but didn't want to say so) - but within 10 minutes he had brought a can of actual diet Coke to the table to make up for his mistake (I don't know why he couldn't have been bothered to do this to begin with, I guess he was waiting for someone to complain).

The pool:
I had a serious problem with the cleanliness of the pool. There was always dirt at the bottom and I was confronted with living cockroaches more than once in it!

The food:
Everyone I knew (family and otherwise) complained about the hotel food. The potatoes and several other types of vegetables were usually raw, the food tasted either bland or bad, and ALWAYS caused diarrea / gastroenteritis.

The soft drinks at the bar were always served in the tiniest glasses, even though I could go back as many times as I wanted, but they insisted on making me go to the bar 3 times for what I usually drink in a single glass, which was, to say the least, extremely annoying.

The location, in the middle of nowhere wasn't very pleasant either. There was only a single string of souvenir stores outside the hotel (and belonging to it) selling souvenirs at exorbitant prices. To go downtown, you have to take one of the local minibuses for half an hour to get there, and it's not very easy to get back, especially at night. The hotel said there were shuttle buses to and from downtown, but I didn't see any at all.

To be fair, my room was very clean with excellent air conditioning.

The beach is very good too, but could use a little cleaning. There was a very good walkway into the sea to dive into deeper areas and to get an excellent view of the sunrise for early risers. The snorkeling is comparable to that elsewhere in Hurghada (mediocre).

The hotel, though, is GREAT for children. In fact, it seemed that children were having the most fun, whether with the animation team at the pool by day or during the entertainment shows at night. The kids seemed to be having a hell of a good time and the staff were very good with them.

The entertainment shows were very good and open to all hotel guests, so that was a plus side too.

There is a sorry excuse for a disco, but that could be put down to the fact that tourism i very slow in Egypt at the moment and the disco actually closed at 12 midnight because everyone left!

All in all, if you can find another hotel rather than this one, please do, as there are a lot of better options!

Room Tip: Ask for a room NEAR the sea / pool and MAKE SURE the air conditioning in the room is working