After 4 hour limo transfer across Sahara from Nile to Hurghada, We went to reception & were told to go have dinner, then had to wait in reception ''to be called'' to be allocated room!! Well...what a surprise....in the restaurant....soooooo many people milling about, chlidren every where...after the fine dining on the Alahambra (Nile Cruise) this took us back and at first I thought ''what have we let ourselves into''.....actually...we mellowed into the surroundings after a few days, got into the routine and found it was not so bad after all.
Room was ok, of good size, a bit tired but adequate. Glad we took extra hangers. safe & fridge in room very handy.
Hotel was lovely, staff, in the main, very friendly, pool bar staff had an attitude!!
I had one problem..... liking a glass of Red wine occasionally, only to be served something that resembled rasberry juice!! definitely watered down,,,and often not available..all gone!! I raised this with our rep, who reported it to reception..within minutes both the assistant manager & the catering manager came over, apologised most profusely, promised to rectifiy the problem, such that we had a bottle of wine & fruit in our room and we never had a problem at any of the bars again. In fact both managers took time to enquire on several occasions if all was ok. sorry..rant over...
The resort is very close to beach, set in lovely, well kept grounds. We spent several evenings dining in the Al la carte restaurants, much nicer, especially the Asian, by far the best, as it was our 35th wedding anniversary, we were spoilt, even had a cake and they sung happy birthday to us :D
Part of the AI package was a Scuba diving lesson in the pool, we have had this option before but never bothered to take it up, this time we did, it went so well we booked to diving the very next day. Arrived at 8.30am got scuba gear, walked to boat and off we went. Arrived at coral reef and got ready. It was absolutely amazing..we have snorkelled at Sharm before but this was a very different experience, all recorded on dvd too, which we have bought. Will definitely be diving again.
We occasionally walked across from the hotel to the shopping mall, out of hotel to main road, went right a bit further up and round the back of shops opposite.One evening, we bartered with hotel taxi man and got taxi to marina which was a plesant evening out.
Wonderful holiday, one of the best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This elegant 5 star (local category) "All Inclusive" Resort is perfectly located in an extensive garden landscape. The private sandy beach offers relaxing hours directly at the Red Sea. Here you will enjoy breathless sunset and fantastic views to the desert, mountains and the turquoise waters of the beaches. For those, who prefer water activities, the Resort offers aqua park with 8 slides for adults as well as kid's mini aqua park for small guests who didn't reach 120 cm in height. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sunrise Select Garden Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Select Garden Beach Resort And Spa
- Sunrise Select Garden Beach Hotel Hurghada