“Great diving”

Aquarius Diving Club
More attraction details
Owner description: AQUARIUS Diving Club is a PADI 5* Gold Palm Resort providing daily diving excursions,PADI diving courses, IDC's, mini safari's, diving resort packages and diving safari's. Our qualified diving staff can teach courses in English, German, French, Russian and Dutch.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Booked prior to arriving, prompt responses by email.
Pick up from hotels always on time.
All staff were friendly and organised, some equipment had to be changed, this was done swiftly.
Large boat, very helpful and friendly crew (they took my tank off making it easier to get back on the boat), excellent food.
Dive instructors & photographer all really friendly, calm and professional.
Dived for 6 days with 3 different instructors, all friendly, safe and encouraging.
You can take a non diver / snorkeler with you on the boat for a fee, nice day out.
Great dives thank you.

1  Thank NicholaH007
IlonaWilhelm, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Aquarius Diving Club, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear NicholaH007,

thank you for taking your time to write this positive review.
We are glad that you enjoy the diving with us.

The entire team is looking forward to dive with you again.

Sunny Greetings from Egypt

in 14 reviews
"eslam"
"idc"

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

We had a great day diving with the Aquarius center whilst staying at the Marriott. The “refresher” could have been better explained especially when the divemaster is aware that someone has not been diving in 10 years. There was 1 very unpleasant divemaster who seemed to despise anyone who wasn’t quite a dive professional. This is disappointing especially considering that this is a PADI centre, and divemasters should be calm and cool. This guy was definitely not calm: he seems furious, which did not make us feel comfortable throughout the day - especially when underwater! It’s the first time I have a divemaster who’s unpleasant, which then makes the experience more distasteful than it otherwise would have been. The crew member who was with us for the second dive was Muhammed (the guy who take photos and videos). Now, he is the complete opposite of the previous divemaster and was super pleasant and very calm. He explained everything we didn’t understand in a composed manner and was incredibly helpful throughout the whole day! Plus, he takes great underwater photos!

The former divemaster should definitely be informed of this review: since it is not the first review that mentions his unpleasant behavior.

IlonaWilhelm, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Aquarius Diving Club, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Dear EnyaSeguin,

thank you for your review.
Please can you sent me by message (ilona@aquariusredsea.com) who was your dive guide and on which day you was on the boat, because with your Tripadvisor Profil Name I can't find you in our data base (till end of February). I will investigate and talk to the diving staff.
Hope to see you again.

Sunny Greetings

ILONA WILHELM

Reviewed 18 January 2018

Just finished 5 days diving with the Aquarius Diving Club and enjoyed my time with them. This was my first trip to the Red Sea so I can't really evaluate them with respect to other Red Sea operations or the selected dive sites, but my experience was very positive. I brought my own gear, but the 5ml full wetsuit I rented was new and of good quality and the rental gear (Aqualung) looked to be well maintained. The crew and staff were super friendly and eager to help. I didn't eat lunch on the boat, but it looked good and was reasonably priced. The sites we went to were easy to navigate and I did most of my dives with a buddy rather than a dive guide. I'm completely comfortable with this and they offered to provide a guide if we wanted one. I did run into one issue which I'd rather not go into, but after sending an email, there was an immediate response, attention to the problem, and a resolution that I was happy with.

IlonaWilhelm, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Aquarius Diving Club, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2018

Dear Jim,

thank you for the review and I'm happy to hear that finally everything went fine.
We are always trying to do our best to make our guest happy.
We are looking forward to see you again.

AQUARIUS Diving Club
Service Manager

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

We have dived with Aquarius many times and have always had great service, not this time.
The boat was so busy on one day with approximately 40 people on board, all seemed to be getting ready at the same time, people using others equipment and causing one diver to be unable to dive as a result.the other issue was that the boat had all level of divers on board and as a result we always went to beginner dive sites, terrible. Also, we have always been guided on our dives, but they were very keen to get us to sign a disclaimer as they expected us to dive alone due to our qualifications. Not very happy about this as we go for a holiday not to look after people with problems, for them. We signed to dive alone for one day only but then had no guide for the whole holiday. On our 5th day no one had a guide at all, lazy and dangerous in my opinion. Disgraceful to the extent that I’m seriously considering not diving with Aquarius again.
On one reef, the aquarium, they said to dive left shoulder to reef and comeback with 120 bar, we comfortably managed to get all the way round, when they said the second dive was right shoulder to reef a Ukrainian diver who was with us said that we had already been all the way round and the dive master told everyone that it was impossible and kept going in about how it takes him 2 hours, he either has little fins or no leg muscles and why is he underwater for 2 hours anyway???
Boat crew were great, captain is brilliant, we look forward to seeing him every year.
I have. To say that the attitude of one of the staff at the shop was shocking, wish I’d have got his name, only way to identify him is that I think he had grey eyes, rude individual.
I am gutted to give Aquarius a negative as we have always enjoyed diving with them, you need to get your act together and start catering for all divers, not just throwing people in anywhere with maximum depths of 12 metres.

IlonaWilhelm, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Aquarius Diving Club, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Dear adz1478,

We appreciate any comment, even negative, because only then we are able to improve our service.
It's just a shame that you did not have the time to talk directly to us in the center about the points that you didn't like.
The diving center is informed about your issues and we hope to see you again.

Sunny Greetings from Hurghada