In El gouna for the 2nd time, first time in this hotel. We stayed here in december 2011. hotel is very clean and quiet. Most of the guests are Germans. Also Belgian and Dutch guests.
Rooms lack a bit of brightness mainaly due to the fact that terraces are covered and as such are darkening the room. This is however a plus when it is really hot in Summer, a bit minus in winter time.
Rooms and bathroom spacious ( about 50 m2), terrace about 20 m2. Pity there is no flatscreen nor coffee- tea making facilities available in the standard rooms. Also no belgian-dutch channel on TV (BVN), which is a pity. sleep quality excellent, and daily cleaning in rooms and everywhere in hotel is at it should be.
Food is great from breakfast to dinner over lunch. Very fresh, a lot of variation, and a lot of " showcooking". For instance during breakfast you do not find any prepared eggs on the buffet, the chef prepares the eggs as you want it on the spot.
For us the best food in Egypt (4th time in Egypt).
Service is very good and professional, although most of the waiters are not as friendly as they should be, which is not in their interest.( tips). Some fellow Belgian guests had the same impression.
No animation during the day, only soft music. ther are life guards at the pool, and you can go by small boat to the golfcourse on the other side of the lagoon. As of 9 AM till 4 pm a boat brings you to the private beach of the hotel (trip takes 15 mintues, and goes on the hour).
In the evening a singer or small band accompanies dinner from 19 till 21.30. Afterwards the silence rules.
My wife went to the spa for massage. She more than enyoyed it and the price was only 60 euro for 90 minutes
There is a cash machine in the hotel, changing cash to Egyptian pounds. Very convenient and applied rate is very good.
to conclude : if you like to relax in the quiet, you like good food in a beautyfull hotel surrouned by the water and golf courses, pick this hotel without any hesitation.
Tip : Prices of drinks are high, consider all-in if you like a good drink during your holidays
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated at one of El Gouna's lagoons, in the middle of an 18-hole golf course, the luxurious Steigenberger Golf Resort expresses a mixture of modern architecture with a reflection of regional tradition. The hotel grounds overlook the championship golf course, lagoons, pool and lush gardens. Offering the finest cuisine and excellent service, the hotel caters to the sophisticated golfer and vacationer. Its close distance to the down town and marina of El Gouna invites to have a walk and discover El Gouna's facilities, restaurants, sports and water excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Steigenberger Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Steigenberger Golf Hotel El Gouna
- Steigenberger Hotel El Gouna
- Steigenberger Resort El Gouna