Just returned from El Gouna this was our first trip to Egypt. We had the meet and greet car at airport, driver purchased our visas, which came to £10 each. Cost of meet and greet (Sheratons own transport) about £32 and only £12 going back to airport. Arrived at the Sheraton at 6.30 p.m. and had an easy check-in and was in our room very quickly. We were a little disappointed with the standard of the room, and didn't feel it came up to 5 star, the twin beds were very comfortable, but not queen size. Although it was a good size and the balcony also a good size with two sun loungers. The bathroom only had a shower, which was no more than a 3 star, the water pressure very low. Air conditioning noisy, had to get up during the night to turn it off, as it kept us awake. We didn't have the normal amenities in the room i.e. bathrobe, slippers, scales, toiletries, iron, ironing board. We wrote a list and went to reception the following morning and they brought them straight up. The staff very friendly and willing to help. The hotel only had 3 restaurants, which we felt were not enough for a hotel this size. But the food reasonable and also reasonably priced. The grounds of the hotel were extensive and very pleasant to walk around either during the day or after dinner in the evening.
There were no mosquitos whilst we were there, but the hotel do fumigate the grounds both at night and morning. Unfortunately the morning fumigation takes place at 5.30 a.m. and wakes everybody up!!!!
The location of the hotel was excellent it was about 10 mins to the Marina which has many restaurants and bars and two evenings it has a street festival which was very good at no cost.
The street festival was also on in Downtown on four evenings, also many restuarants and bars. Both areas very nice to walk around, very safe and no hassling. Shuttle buses run to both places from the hotel every 15 mins the cost being 20 egyptian pounds per person for unlimited travel all week, excellent value.
We visited many restaurants both at the Martina and Downtown, we enjoyed most. Unfortunately after visiting the Greek Restaurant, Athena, had food poisoning and spent two days in bed being very ill.
Local wine between 100 - 150 LE imported wine £30 -£40. Egyptian wine doesn't come up to imported wine, but is drinkable. There is a shop in Downtown called Drinkies where beer is about 80 pence for 500 mlt. Also at the Marina you can buy Duty Free wine, beer and cigarettes, but this has to be purchased within 48 hours of arriving.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna is built on the most magnificent site, spread over 9 Red Sea islands and is designed by the world famous architect, Michael Graves. The award-winning architecture is inspired by ancient Egyptian designs. The unique seafront setting of the resort with the dramatic backdrop of desert mountains, crystalline lagoons, wooden bridges and lush gardens gives you the sensation of being in another world. Perfectly suits family holidays, romantic holidays, Weddings, honeymoons, meetings, seminars and incentives ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Miramar Hotel El Gouna
- Sheraton El Gouna
- Sheraton Miramar El Gouna