“Average food, good service”
Review of El Mundo

El Mundo
Ranked #52 of 116 Restaurants in Dahab
Cuisines: International
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: El Mundo is regarded as one of the most welcoming and hospitable restaurants in Dahab with an unmatched tradition of providing exceptional food and service to diners. Our staff has over 15 years experience in food and beverage
Reviewed 14 July 2015

Was coaxed in by the owner just because Forsha's was closed, unfortunately the food, although being edible, wasn't as tasty as Forsha's next door.

Reviewed 21 April 2015

Had many fabulous meals and excellent service at El Mundo, Dahab. Food always super fresh and so tasty. Clean restaurant, excellent friendly staff who are very helpful and will get anything you ask for including a bottle of local wine, which is nice as most restaurants in Dahab do not serve wine. Prices are very good for the quality of food. You must try the prawns they are to die for! Relaxed chilled out atmosphere sitting by the sea looking at the moon reflecting onto the sea. What more could you want!

1  Thank Elly M
Reviewed 14 April 2015

Fabulous food and friendly service. The seafood, especially the prawns are amazing! Ignore the other reviews we were given a fair price and the food was always fresh and delicious. The staff are very friendly and helpful and will go out for wine for you and not charge ridiculous prices. Lovely setting on the waterfront and nice chilled out music. I would definitely recommend.
Elly, London

Reviewed 12 April 2015

Just returned from a week in dahab. Ate here several times. The fish and seafood were excellent. The fish is weighed and a price agreed before it is cooked.The staff are very welcoming. Wine is obtainable which is a great plus. The location is fabulous right beside the sea. Can't recommend highly enough.

Reviewed 10 April 2015

It's rare to have a bad experience at any of the restaurants on the main Dahab promenade, but this certainly was one of them. I ordered the the coconut curry (which sounded good on their menu and was reasonably priced ) but didn't stay to taste it. The table looked dirty so I wiped it with some Kleenex which turned black with just one wipe! They brought the free hors d'oeuvres but none of them were edible and the bread was not fresh. I couldn't even eat this stuff, but in all the other restaurants here, it's usually delicious. I told them that I was not going to stay for more, as I didn't like the taste of anything so far. I apologized for leaving before my meal arrived and left, which I have never done before. When I looked to see what the name of the restaurant was, a staff member said, "You don't need to know the name of this restaurant." When I went to write a review on Trip Advisor, I realized that my experience was not unique. I wished I had read other people 's reviews before going to this place.

The only good thing I can say about El Mundo is that when I went to wash my hands in their bathroom, at least they had soap

I went right next door to a restaurant called Forsha's and had an excellent meal, so everything ended well ....

1  Thank Janet W