“Don't waste your time eating here!”
Review of El Mundo

El Mundo
Ranked #80 of 113 Restaurants in Dahab
Cuisines: International
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: El Mundo is regarded as one of the most welcoming and hospitable restaurants in Dahab with an unmatched tradition of providing exceptional food and service to diners. Our staff has over 15 years experience in food and beverage
Reviewed 10 April 2015

It's rare to have a bad experience at any of the restaurants on the main Dahab promenade, but this certainly was one of them. I ordered the the coconut curry (which sounded good on their menu and was reasonably priced ) but didn't stay to taste it. The table looked dirty so I wiped it with some Kleenex which turned black with just one wipe! They brought the free hors d'oeuvres but none of them were edible and the bread was not fresh. I couldn't even eat this stuff, but in all the other restaurants here, it's usually delicious. I told them that I was not going to stay for more, as I didn't like the taste of anything so far. I apologized for leaving before my meal arrived and left, which I have never done before. When I looked to see what the name of the restaurant was, a staff member said, "You don't need to know the name of this restaurant." When I went to write a review on Trip Advisor, I realized that my experience was not unique. I wished I had read other people 's reviews before going to this place.

The only good thing I can say about El Mundo is that when I went to wash my hands in their bathroom, at least they had soap

I went right next door to a restaurant called Forsha's and had an excellent meal, so everything ended well ....

1  Thank Janet W

Reviewed 25 February 2015 via mobile

What started out as a smiling sweet service industry ended up with food we didn't order. We are easy people, if someone messes up and order, we will take it, minor details. Life is too short. However, this place was an exception. They pushed food on us we didn't want and said that we ordered it. They brought it to us half cooked and said we had to pay almost 400 pounds for it. We left and the server was swearing at us. It was crazy. Avoid this place. It was really bad service and the food was shady as well.

2  Thank Compasswild
Reviewed 12 February 2015

Tourists stay away from this place. I was talked into going there by the nice guy on the front who showed me the menu which had reasonable prices all around 90 Egyptian pounds. I ordered my food with 5 starters (included) I was then asked if I wanted one type of fish or a mixed platter I decided for the latest and also ordered a bottle of water. Food was good but the total price was 1275 Egyptian pounds, I did not even have the money with me but was made to draw out from an ATM. I have later found out that it was an extortion, everyone from my hotel was shocked and wanted me to go to the police. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE THERE ARE MUCH BETTER CHOICE

12  Thank Jelliclelon
Reviewed 5 December 2014

We were taken to El Mundo in Dahab by our tour guide after a trip to St Catherines Monastery - a wonderful trip so we expected somewhere decent to eat..... We were taken into Dahab via a filthy back street, rubbish and dumped stuff everywhere - when we got to El Muno we were absolutely dismayed - the floor was filthy, the seats were covered in cat hair and food debris.. the food came eventually - some sort of bashed up chicken thick with grease with 6 chips, some 'dips', some rice -all totally inedible. One couple got up and walked away - we just didn't eat, one lady on our table was vulnerable so we didn't feel we could leave her alone there. Several battered & flea ridden cats kept jumping on the seats and tables - 2 actually jumped up and took the food off a plates and ran off with it! I needed to use the bathroom - well, I wished I hadn't - disgusting! But worse still, the kitchen was next door and open - I actually couldn't believe that they were 'cooking' food for human consumption in there..

3  Thank BarryMOF
Reviewed 25 November 2014

Excelent italyan restorant meet the chef he is a carector , the service by the italian ouner is very good , try the gumbo

1  Thank khaled a