“Dishonest people”
Review of El Mundo

El Mundo
Ranked #77 of 109 Restaurants in Dahab
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: El Mundo is regarded as one of the most welcoming and hospitable restaurants in Dahab with an unmatched tradition of providing exceptional food and service to diners. Our staff has over 15 years experience in food and beverage
Reviewed 12 February 2015

Tourists stay away from this place. I was talked into going there by the nice guy on the front who showed me the menu which had reasonable prices all around 90 Egyptian pounds. I ordered my food with 5 starters (included) I was then asked if I wanted one type of fish or a mixed platter I decided for the latest and also ordered a bottle of water. Food was good but the total price was 1275 Egyptian pounds, I did not even have the money with me but was made to draw out from an ATM. I have later found out that it was an extortion, everyone from my hotel was shocked and wanted me to go to the police. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE THERE ARE MUCH BETTER CHOICE

12  Thank Jelliclelon
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for El Mundo

Reviewed 5 December 2014

We were taken to El Mundo in Dahab by our tour guide after a trip to St Catherines Monastery - a wonderful trip so we expected somewhere decent to eat..... We were taken into Dahab via a filthy back street, rubbish and dumped stuff everywhere - when we got to El Muno we were absolutely dismayed - the floor was filthy, the seats were covered in cat hair and food debris.. the food came eventually - some sort of bashed up chicken thick with grease with 6 chips, some 'dips', some rice -all totally inedible. One couple got up and walked away - we just didn't eat, one lady on our table was vulnerable so we didn't feel we could leave her alone there. Several battered & flea ridden cats kept jumping on the seats and tables - 2 actually jumped up and took the food off a plates and ran off with it! I needed to use the bathroom - well, I wished I hadn't - disgusting! But worse still, the kitchen was next door and open - I actually couldn't believe that they were 'cooking' food for human consumption in there..

3  Thank BarryMOF
Reviewed 25 November 2014

Excelent italyan restorant meet the chef he is a carector , the service by the italian ouner is very good , try the gumbo

1  Thank khaled a
Reviewed 29 August 2014

This place used to be very good and I can see why it might have had some good reviews but I would advise not coming here. Some friends of mine came here this week and got completly ripped off. They ordered fish of the menu, which should have cost about 150 le at most but were charged over 750 le for one fish. There are so many good places to go in Dahab where the people are wonderful and the service is excellent so avoid, avoid, avoid.

3  Thank Rob3335
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We came here to have dinner as it was one of the few restaurants still open after midnight. Like most restaurants in Dahab, it has a sea view, with a staff member at the door.
We went with the basics and tried a grilled fish fillet , a seafood pasta and a pizza. The fish fillet was very good & fresh, while the pizza and pasta were average at best.

1  Thank Kikeenz