Open today: 12:00 am - 11:59 pm

Book in advance
from
₹3,022.20
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Abu Simbel Temple Complex
from ₹3,022.20
from ₹3,196.09
from ₹11,989.45
from ₹19,818.56
3,761 results
All reviews ramses ii lake nasser long drive abu simbel temple early start early morning nile cruise take photos ancient egypt hour drive original location higher ground his wife queen nefertari mind blowing the aswan high dam sheer size
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 September 2016

Abu Simbel is located right next to the border with Sudan and travelling from Aswan we had to leave at 4am to join the convoy with its armed guard due to proximity of temple to the border.
The journey takes 3 hours by van from Aswan and even though you spend 6 hours travelling just to spend 2 hours or so at the temples it is worth it as they're simply breathtaking.
A minus however is that you are not allowed to take photos inside the temples and the locals seem to take pleasure in trying to catch you taking them and asking to look at your camera etc, just tell them get lost unless they actually see you taking them lol.
The cost the company charged us was $100 pp even though the entry fee was about $10 so I'm not sure where the rest of the money is spent to make it so expensive.

2  Thank NiallODonoghue
Reviewed 30 August 2016

This is a place you should not miss. The trip starts almost at 3:30 am for 3 hrs driving each way but it REALLY worth visiting. An Amazing monument.

Reviewed 27 August 2016

I had no plan and spontaneously crossed Egypt from Cairo to Aswan where I knew I want to get to Abu Simbel. I was told by the receptionist in Pioneer hotel (one of the boat hotels) that my only option is a tourist convoy. The guy was too insisting about anything I have asked that only channels that he knows are trustworthy. He was suggesting me a convoy for 200EGP, which is not that expensive and these days seems to be more or less the usual price, but I was not interested in the convoy. Tired of that attitude I said to him I will think about it. Luckily, in the evening there was another person working in the reception and a helpful gentlemen approached me when I had same questions about getting to Abu Simbel. He was kind enough to inquire for me regarding the local bus and apparently tourists are allowed to use it (as opposed to previous restrictions and the only option being the convoy). The bus leaves Aswan to Abu Simbel twice a day: at 8a.m. and 5p.m. The funny thing is that when I took a taxi to the bus station in the morning, the driver dropped me off in the mini bus station which is yet another option! It seems that the tourists are not allowed to used the mini service, but my driver was kind enough to take me as I was wearing a hijab maybe:) The ride costs 30-40EGP. I spent a night in Abu Simbel and contrary to the experience of some of the other tourists, Abu Simbel was hassle free and very welcoming. The Nubian people are genuinely friendly and staying away from tour groups might lead you the real experience of the place. The temples open at 5a.m., which is the best time to see their beauty, greeted by the rising sun in the early morning. I had all the temples area for myself for about 2,5hrs before the first organized tour arrived. Interesting fact is that apparently from Abu Simbel back to Aswan tourists are allowed to take the mini buses, so it means you have plenty of options as the minis go throughout the day once they fill up. They also have no problem picking you up from your hotel, which means you do not need to wait in the bus. Top tip: watch the desert on the way back (was not so apparent on the way there to me at least) and you will see water in the desert! At some points the water is everywhere and so real, but once you approach it -- it will disappear as it is only a mirage:)

6  Thank aistis123
Reviewed 27 August 2016

- You need to travel for about 4 hours from Aswan to reach but it worth.
- Awesome location over a big hill at the Nasir lake coast.
- Majestic outside view & entrance with 4 statues 26 m height.
- Your guide could tell you about the very attractive historical story of building & transferring that temple + the miracle inside the temple of passing the sun light into the king room in 2 specific days every year (21-Oct & 21-Feb)

Date of experience: March 2016
Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

This is such an amazing monument and site. It holds so much history and information but it's mind blowing. Honestly we have got to be the luckiest people to be able to experience this site.

Some might think it's a fair way to get too but it's worth the convoy and early start. It's probably better this way because you beat the afternoon heat. But even though Egypt is sitting on 5% on their tourism; this site will be packed with tourist buses. It's not as bad as it used to be but a clear difference from the other sites of Egypt.

The scene depicted in the hieroglyphics are some of the most important ones for ancient Egyptian culture. I highly recommend doing it and doing it with a good guide.

No photos are allowed inside he temples and if you get caught from the security, you either pay 500egyptian pounds per photo or you lose the device you used to take pictures with i.e your phone or camera. I'm sure you can bribe your way out of the but don't risk it and just live in the moment

1  Thank y0shel