All reviews murphy bed pool area no elevator stone harbor hot tub beach comber place to sleep third floor minute drive great pool very nice stay thin walls my biggest complaint other hotels one night stay nice room pull out sofa
Reviewed 17 June 2018

They rarely answer the phone and when they did, I was on hold for 5+ minutes and finally gave up. I arrived early and asked about early check in and they said they’d cal as soon as a room was available. I went back on my own to check and a room was avail. But they didn’t call me like they said. I was there for a wedding and the welcome bags were supposed to be in the room. They weren’t. There’s a keurig right machine in the room but no k-cups... not sure how you would know to BYO k-cup. The room was clean but overall just not a very helpful staff.

Room Tip: If you want coffee, bring your own k cups.
Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
The B, Guest Relations Manager at The Beachcomber Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

Thank you very much for this needed feedback! Cleary we failed in our efforts to provide first class service to you. I'm very concerned and will certainly review all communication practices. We strive to accommodate early check ins and have had better days in this regard. We host over 600 wedding guests per year and absolutely LOVE having you all here! Sorry for the mis-step with the wedding welcome bags...customarily..we keep them safely tucked behind our front counter and provide at check in. With special requests, we need to internally communicate this and unfortunately wasn't performed. As a K-Cup lover myself, while we do sell coffee in the lobby, I'll look into what we can provide or have in-room for purchase to enhance convenience.
We certainly would love another opportunity to host you and hopefully show you the quality you deserve!

Reviewed 17 June 2018

We love the Beachcomber. The staff is so nice and accommodating. The pool is quiet and chill. The guests are all nice and friendly too! If you are looking for a laid back place to stay in the heart of Avalon’s hotel area, this is a great choice!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
beachcomberresort, Guest Relations Manager at The Beachcomber Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Thank you so much for the kind words!

We so greatly appreciate our guests and strive daily to give wonderful experiences.

Can't wait to see you again at The BC!

Reviewed 17 June 2018

You can check in but can't check out. We were guests at a nearby wedding and arrived an hour and a half early b4 check in time but we were accommodated as the room was ready, which was great. However, no communication was made to us that the office was closed during the evening and not re-opening until 8 a.m., Sunday. Thin walls, as our neighbors were very religious we could hear her yelling, “OH GOD, OH GOD” several times during the night.

Room Tip: Bring your own coffee as none is provided, however, a coffee maker is in each room.
Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for your feedback! I'm happy we were able to accommodate your early check-in and very concerned we didn't communicate office hours. While we post information nightly, our staff will be sure to address office hours verbally at check in just to be safe. My emergency number is always on the door in the event needed and 24 hours a day, I'm happy to be there within moments to assist. As for any type of noise disturbances, please reach out to office or me direct. (609) 846-4233
We only enhance our guest services by receiving feedback and I thank you very much for this review!

Avalon Beachcomber Resort

Reviewed 29 May 2018

The only reason I am not giving it 4 stars is because of the two situations detailed below. It honestly was a great get away location!
I am a grad student, who stayed with my boyfriend and two other friends here Memorial Day weekend. I have slightly mixed feelings about this place, but still had a lovely stay. Upon calling, the front desk told us we could park early, enjoy the amenities, and even check if the room was ready when we arrived (which would be a few hours earlier than the check-in time), which was very convenient because we wanted to make the most out of our one-night stay! As soon as we got into the room, one of us turned to close the front door and their backpack must have nudged a poorly placed vase that was on an end table right by the front door—it was super tall, and top-heavy, and was sitting on the end of the table (poor planning). Unfortunately, because the floor was tile, it shattered into 100 pieces on the floor. We informed the front desk, and someone immediately came to clean it up, and helped us set up the bed. What was very off putting being not an hour after this happened, as we were getting ready to go to the beach, the phone started to ring in our room, I answered, and it was the front desk. They informed me “We called the owners, and it’s 25 dollars”. Really? We paid over 300 dollars to stay less than 24 hours and they want to nickel and dime us? Was very off putting. The room was nicely decorated, but they had WAY too many knickknacks in the room that they don’t need, it made me feel like they purchased the entire inventory of a home goods going out of business, obviously something will break. After that, we enjoyed ourselves at the beach, and went to the pool. The patio was LOVELY! It had many chairs, a lovely pool/spa, a bar area with a TV and grills, and a table area with a fire pit (wish I brought smores stuff!). The room came with soap, shampoo, dish soap, and a dishwasher pod already and the best of all: pots, pans, plates, flatware, and cups. Very convenient! IT seems like the only thing you need to bring is yourself and your food! The room we stayed in had 2 full beds in one room and a pull-out queen. The queen’s mattress was not too uncomfortable, but I have slept on pull outs before, so I wasn’t surprised. I’d say we enjoyed our stay, but the vase was off putting, as was the fact that as we scrambled to leave the next morning, we were running a bit behind schedule. Check out is at 11, and it was 11:13am when someone came and knocked on our door to ask us if we were ready to check out…I just feel like they could have 1) given a bit more time and 2) given us a call first. We were almost ready to leave, just cleaning the dishes we used, and putting items in the cooler.

All in all, I’d say it is worth the price, but don’t expect excellent customer service.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Erin S
Reviewed 17 April 2018

The rooms are gorgeous and only a block from the beach. Staff was friendly and the service was exceptional. I would highly recommend this to a friend and also stay here again. Only minutes from the shopping in downtown Stone Harbor.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
The B, General Manager at The Beachcomber Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Thank you for your kind review of our resort. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again this season.