All reviewssea lionsthe ownerbath towelsaccommodating staffhamburgergalapagos tourceiling fanair conditioningstreet noiseeggsgreat roomjuicebreakfast was includedtwo nightspierrusticaplug
Reviewed 24 October 2016

This was my go to breakfast place. I enjoyed the food and coffee. However on my eighth visit I was greeted by blaring rap music at 8 a.m.. when the 20 something guy tried to take my order I had to give it to him outside because he could not hear me over the music. I asked him to turn it down and he did for 10 minutes. I ate half my breakfast and left. 2 other people left because of the blaring rap music. It was 8 a.m.!!!! The previous times a nice young girl, very efficient and kind was taking orders and seemed to be in charge. During the previous visits nice music played, somtimes reggae, the volume was reasonable and pleasant. The guy that was playing the loud rap music on my last visit didn't care about the comstomers at all! I will never go to Casa Blanca cafe again after this dreadful experience!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

I have no idea what the couple of poor reviews before me were on about, I had a wonderful stay here it was perfect!
First the location can't be beaten, it is right infront of the dock to catch boats and tours etc, and you can enjoy a leisurely stroll along the waterfront on Darwin Avenue- there are little boardwalks that you can go along and get great photos of iguanas, crabs, sea lions - honestly these guys are everywhere they are so cute!

The hotel itself has a very sweet bar downstairs and the best and most reasonable wine that I found on the island.
As for the music being "loud" this is utter tosh - they played a respectable volume of great music with lots of Ecuadorian specialities, and they are so polite and accommodating I'm sure they would turn the music down if anyone asked. Special thanks to the girls and Aroon for being so lovely and helping me with all my questions and constant requests for a pen haha

My room was delightful - I had a hammock, tv, cable, air con! Again - to the people who didn't like their room have you actually travelled through central or South America? Do you know what's luxury air con is? Or the complaint about hot water - water is a limited resource in this area,maybe extend a little gratitude that they are even able to offer a shower!

Jackie who owns this place was SO lovely, really accommodating and helpful and so kind. I loved her art work throughout the place.

Saving the best til last they have a small rooftop terrace with 4 sunbeds, I was the only one up there every day it was heavenly!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Muimu
Reviewed 31 August 2016

I would recommend for people not to stay here. This place is a dump and very overpriced. When booking I looked at photos of beautiful rooms however both of the rooms my family slept in did not look like these pictures. I was really stressed out by this place. Why didn't we like it? The place did not provide value for money, there was no hot water and it is situated above a bar is noisy. The loud music starts around 7.30 am and continues into the night. Nothing really works well, the overhead fan was noisy, the outdated air conditioner was also noisy and even the bed groaned when we rolled over. The bathrooms are not separate to the room - instead the bathroom is separated from the bed by a wall which is about 3 quarters high - meaning there is absolutely no privacy at all. I really did not like staying here - it is poor quality hostel type accommodation for hotel prices. The breakfasts were ok and the service slow. Because we had a representative from our travel agent present - they were able to facilitate getting breakfast early before we went on our daily tours - otherwise we would not have received breakfast on the days our activities started early. The best thing about this place was being able to listen to the sea lions at night - after all the noise died down. Just find somewhere else to stay - you will be much happier.

Room Tip: If you really have to stay here make sure you get the front bigger rooms and be aware they are noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

Travelled from Canada via Panama and Guayaquil to get to Galápagos and this place was the worst meal and service we encountered out of numerous restaurants in different countries during this trip. My partner had falafel and both of us agreed it was the worst we have ever had. I had the shawarma and it was the worst shawarma I have ever had. To top it off the service was slow and inattentive - they brought is our appetizer after I was done my main. At least the Buccaneer beer they had was a nice treat.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2016 via mobile

This hotel is attended by very nice and charm people and its very clean and confortable place. Big breakfast and just in the perfect place to go surfing Carola, Cañon or Tongo reef. Its also in front of de Pier where everything happens. We had a really good time there.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple