See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 June 2015 via mobile

Travelled in a large group of over 20 so knew we wouldn't get the ritz - what we did get was a doss house! Do not venture inside -rooms smell awful and are like small cramped prison cells. No hot water and breakfast just edible.
How this hotel has got reviews of 2 stars amazes me.
God knows what this hotel was like before the refurbishment -surely it couldn't be any worse? ??

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank maddiePortsmouth
Reviewed 22 June 2015

It is horrendous!!! I can understand why this place has no "Excellent" ratings though I am slightly confused by the 2 very good and four average reviews. Everything you have read about the dungeon like rooms and the smell is true!! I think that this is the Ecuadorian equivalent of a DSS/benefit hotel. The rooms in the back are to say the least depressing....they smell like mildew and urinal cakes, there are no windows and I don't believe we found any hot water in the whole of the hotel (and I do use this term lightly). We came downstairs on the first night to find a woman washing her naked young baby in the pool!! The hotel has gone to the lengths of branding their towels yet the staff all walk around in shorts/leggings, vest & t-shirts, please....at least give us a hint as to who is staff!!! The one positive about this place are the girls on reception were very friendly and as helpful as they could be. As previously mentioned in other reviews, this has the bones of a good hotel but it needs a lot of work. There were demonstrations going on on the Islands while we were there because the Ecuadorian government wants to sell beachfront to major developers to build huge resorts here, that in my opinion is not the way to go!!! Invest in the hotels that are already on the Galapagos and make sure that there are not any more reviews like this one. I always try to find the positive in anywhere I go(read my previous reviews) but sadly I can't do that in this particular hotel!!! I had to give it one star to get this review on but my personal choice would have been none.

Room Tip: Upstairs on the left have windows, big windows that let daylight in!!!
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Flick1406
Reviewed 27 May 2015

We travelled as a large group of 40 which I realize is a big group to accommodate for such a small island, but this place was quite bad. A few others from my group have left detailed reviews which I think really covers the bases, but I will reiterate that the small dungeon rooms they tried to give us at first were so potently stinky I had an instant headache (lesson learned: do not use urinal cakes to deodorize a room!). While they were quite quick to switch us to another room, the second was much nicer but very dirty. Coming to the island, I did not expect much, but everywhere else we stayed was light years beyond this. This hotel has a lot of potential though. It has great bones but is just not kept up or cleaned very well. It seemed like a family operation and there were three fairly young boys that did most of the work. Imagine hiring a teenage boy to clean your house and that is about what you should expect. The breakfast was not great either although they offered variety and did try quite hard. I would go down the street to any of the hostels and I am sure they would be much cleaner and nicer...and cheaper!!!

Room Tip: DO NOT get stuck in one of the small dungeons in the back!
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 May 2015

I was with a tour so I'm not sure the cost of this hotel but I can guarantee it wasn't worth the price when the hostel down the road was way way nicer for 20$ a night. When we first arrived at the hotel the curb appeal and lobby looked great but when we were taken to our room we couldn't even walk inside due to the smell. The room itself was small musty and looked like a prison cell. Reluctantly, because I'm usually too easy going, we went to the front desk to request a room change and so did a huge number of the other people in our group. The lady was accommodating and changed our room. The second room didn't have the intolerable smell, was large and bright and looked promising. After a few minutes we noticed the bed didn’t have sheet, just a comforter (man I hope they wash those after each guest!) there was a lot of dirt on the floor and in the bathroom there was pee on the toilet, hair all over the sink and shower and a filthy black bath mat tossed on the floor. The staff did come and clean the toilet upon request but the rest wasn't touched the duration of our stay. Also the faucet in the shower that in large letters indicated HOT was beyond cold and unlike other hotels on the islands even asking them about it didn't improve the water temperature.
Another member of our tour actually left the hotel and rented a hostel room down the road because of the filth.
This hotel has the bones to be quite nice and the photos look great because it is beautiful but the upkeep is very sub standard even for Ecuadorian and Galapagos standards.

Room Tip: Second floor by the pool was nice and large with a huge window
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The location is fair, the room and amenities fair. The price is really high for what you are expecting. They need an active bar so you can have some drinks at the lounge. Most of the time there´s no one there.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business