Lowest prices for your stay
$110
Hotels.com
$98
$98
Priceline$110
Travelocity$98
Vio.com$98
All reviews eggs granola pool and hot tub juice every morning couch tv tour fridge galapagos chickens
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 March 2020 via mobile

The Blue Marlin is a decent centrally located hotel in Puerto Baquerizo Moreno. The hotel lacks a little character and feels a bit like a motel but on the plus side it has huge, clean and well maintained rooms, a swimming pool and helpful friendly staff. Breakfast was included, but it was quite a basic offering

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank nickandangels
Reviewed 8 February 2020

The room was spacious and the breakfast was descent with eggs, fruit, juice, yogurt, granola, coffee, water and teas. The staff were efficient but quiet. The bed was comfortable, the pool was small but refreshing and it is close to some nice restaurants and nice walks to the beaches and up the hillside. The Interpretive center was also fairly close by and worth the visit.

Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank Navigator817367
Reviewed 18 December 2019 via mobile

We stayed at the Blue Marlin for 2 days before and 2 days after a 10 day live aboard dive trip out of San Cristóbal. The rooms are large and have a refrigerator for things that you can buy at a little shop practically next door. There is a small pool which was totally adequate, and we spent a fair amount of time in the loungers beside the pool. The staff, especially Louis, are great. Breakfast is included and was a very pleasant surprise... very nice with fresh fruit juice.

The hotel is 2 blocks straight up from the main pier and is close to everything.

They were very flexible with check in and check out times which we greatly appreciated.

I would return to this hotel if I find myself in San Cristobal in the future.

One small thing to be aware of if you reserve this hotel through Booking.com is that you are told that 50% of the booking will be immediately charged to your credit card (not all that unusual on booking.com). When we arrived for our first stay they indicated that they don’t actually charge anything until you arrive and wanted payment for the full amount. Though I confirmed that they had not charged my credit card at the time of booking, this was confusing. Because the pros far outweigh this small con, I’m still giving this property 5 stars in terms of value for money.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 December 2019 via mobile

Spent two nights at this hotel as part of a tour with Exoticca. Located two blocks from the harbour/front and away from any noise. Luiz on reception speaks excellent English and is very knowledgeable about the area and can make arrangement for tours etc. He couldn’t have been friendlier and catered to our needs when we wished to change rooms. Hotel is tired in places but the rooms are large with very comfortable beds. Fridge in room but no tea/coffee making facilities or water jugs/glasses but you can fill up water bottles from breakfast area. Sea lions everywhere including some with day old babies! Loved San Cristobal and will return and stay at this hotel.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank ScratbyTowers
Reviewed 24 October 2019

My experience at the Blue marlin hotel was great but there are areas that need improvement. the quality of the room was great the bed was nice and comfortable but there was no safe to keep my money in.And on the desk in front of the bed after I come back after a day in San Cristobal I found a lot of ants on the desk. In the shower they give a shower and conditioner dispenser which in my opinion i like but they need to make sure they refill the dispensers when the get empty because my conditioner dispenser was empty for the 3 nights I stayed there. The internet there was not the best, it works well but is really slow. The breakfast in the morning which is from 7 to 9 is really good. They give you all the ingredients needed to make your own hot chocolate, which in my opinion I really like that because I know whats in it. The main breakfast meal is great and yummy, but there is no menu there is always just a meal that they give you each day that is different.But its always good.the location was good its within the small town where the shops, restaurants and tour are.

Room tip: the rooms on the top above the pool have a better view of the pool and outside
Date of stay: October 2019