“First time there... and the last”
Review of Bevanda

Bevanda
Ranked #11 of 86 Restaurants in Opatija
Price range: US$ 49 - US$ 198
Cuisines: Seafood, Croatian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 18 October 2018

To be clear, 3 circles doesn't really mean "average" restaurant because it's anything but the average. Rather 3 circles out of 5. We went there for lunch on Saturday and we were only guests there when we arrived. Not a good sign. We tried to order a first course, in a few tries, but they were "out of it". You try it once, twice... no, sorry, out of it... and then you just give up and take whatever the waiter recommends. The same thing with a wine. We somewhat felt "guided" to order what they have, not really what we wanted. We had fresh fish for the main course which was excellent but ridiculously expensive. The prices altogether are enormously high, value you get for your money is really, really low. We wanted to try this, supposedly, one of the best restaurants in Croatia once, we did it, and we are not coming back.

1  Thank Bruno_Croatia

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

I had a roastbeef and grilled mushrooms, and I must admit that RB was one of the best grilled, I ever had. It melted like butter. I ordered grilled champignons as a side dish and almost left it untouched due to the lack of flavor. My GF had homemade pasta with slices of roastbeef and dried tomatoes and her dish was also delicious. I would recommend the place at off season but not in high season time, since in high season you might get a really bad service. But some of the dishes, as already explained are fantastic.

Reviewed 16 September 2018

I was misled, told one price and then charged another price. I was overcharged by 500 Kuna - about $80 US
The service was slow.
The waiter was strange.
The prefix menu portion sizes were VERY small.
Even after complaining to the management, I was offered an apology but no compensation for being over charged.

I brought a group of 19 ladies to the restaurant. I took the restaurant I wanted to order off the menu. Since I had a budget to stay within, I took the waiter not to mention any main dish items over 300Kuna. He misunderstood me and caused an unpleasant evening for me & my group. He also told me if some of the ladies ordered for the prefix menu, he would only charge in 300Kuna instead of the listed price of 350Kuna. 10 of the ladies ordered the prefix. When the bill came, he had charged me the 350Kuna. I asked why? He said not enough had ordered from the prefix. The thing is, he never mentioned how many needed to order. So I was mislead. Not to mention the portion sized were VERY small.
I do not recommend this restaurant and I definitely do not recommend it for groups!

I sent an email to the management and they apologized but did not offer an compensation for being misled and over charged.

Kellie Cereola
kcereola@gmail.com

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Restaurant Bevanda has a great location. There is an amazing sea view from the each corner of the restaurant. Aside from the location, we haven’t been extremely satisfied with the food. It was good, but nothing special. We had shrimps and noble fish tempura for appetizer and sautéed monkfish tail and grilled noble fish fillet for the main course. Definitely not worth the price. However, this is a fine dining restaurant and considering its location and ambiance , I can understand bit higher prices.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

We were in both the bar and the restaurant.
The bar is nice, we had the high chairs next to the sea. It is also the promenade, so people passed by and it was a bit annoying. The drinks and the food was very nice.

The next day evening we went to the restaurant. We had the table next to the window where we could see the sea and enjoy a romantic dinner.

Prices are a bit high, but it was our special anniversary.