New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersSilver level
Morris County, NJ
“Typical Casino Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

I stayed at Harrah's for one night while in Atlantic City for a conference. The mid-week room rate is certainly attractive, but there are few amenities included in the rate. Considering I was at the hotel for less than 12 hours total, it was not that big a deal. I was in a lower floor room in the Bayview Tower. I had a view of the top of the parking deck and the dome over the pool. I could see Borgata to my left and the taller Harrah's tower to my right. I was at the very end of the hall, in a thankfully quiet location.

As usual, check in was a twenty minute process of waiting on line. Exhausted after traveling and a long day of seminars, this is less than desirable. I tried to get the Wi-Fi comped but was told that it's run by a third party company and impossible. I find it highly annoying that hotels keep charging exorbitant fees for internet. $12.95 is ridiculous.

My room was average. It was certainly spacious, with a large bathroom with separate shower and jacuzzi tub. The room included an empty mini-fridge and a safe, though the safe was inoperable. The room had the heat blasting when I arrived, but luckily it cooled off quickly after adjusting the thermostat. Overall, the furnishings seemed out-dated. The bed was okay, but not great. I'd prefer a duvet and not just a blanket wrapped in sheets. Pillows were awful. The room had plenty of lighting, a desk, small sofa, coffee table, arm chair with ottoman, flat screen tv, one smaller closet and a dresser surrounding the tv. There were lots of mirrors.

I decided to treat myself to the buffet and was shocked when I was charged $35. The website indicated $25, so this number was a bit surprising. Certain areas of the buffet are closed during the week as well, which the price should reflect, but doesn't. The food and service are good, though.

Parking is $5 per day in most casino self park garages. You get one free transfer. Since my conference was at Bally's and I was staying at Harrah's, I only had to pay twice instead of three times. My seminars started too early to take advantage of the free shuttle.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,362)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Humble, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

We spent 3 nights at Harrah's in a Bayview Room. The rooms are a little dated, but the beds were comfortable and everything was clean. The casino is large and features a lot of new slots as well as the older ones. We ate at both the buffet and Sammy D's. The buffet was a lot better than I expected from reading the reviews... nice stone crab claws as well as all of the usual offerings. I ordered eggs over medium at Sammy D's and got some runny ones instead, so that was disappointing, but the rest of our food was OK... don't know if I'd recommend this place, but we only gave it that one try. We found the hotel access a little difficult, the roads in Atlantic city wereconfusing to us all around, but I would definitely recommend Harrah's to anyone visiting Atlantic City. Maybe a location on the boardwalk would be better for first timers (like we were) but other than Revel, none of the casinos were as nice as the 3 in the marina area... Borgata and the Golden Nugget were very nice!

Room Tip: Waterfront Tower is the newest so the rooms would be nicer there, but the Bayview Tower rooms were a...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dottxs
Manchester, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

Tried the marina side for the first time and was pleasantly surprised by Harrah's. The room was updatd, the casino felt new and not as dingy as the atlantics side casinos. I also was very satisfied with the room service food. Quite good.

calabash, nc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

Harrah's was a nice place to stay but needs some improvement.Our room had nice view of the water.The room had it's share of wear and tear.We walked around the water on their boardwalk and it was very dirty.Some staff member told us they had been doing work to clean it up.We gave up trying to ride the reward bus they offer to go the strip.You either landed up waiting an hour and then we would finally get to the bus and it was full so you would have to wait again.We started using the jiffy service for $2.25 a trip it was well worth it.Took a taxi from the airport to the Resort, and one from the Resort when we left.Interesting we were charged 2 different rates for the same trip.We were with a group of friends so we did have fun hanging around the place.Check in has long lines so be ready!

aruba
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

We just stayed at Harrah's Atlantic City on April 22-23. Our room, which was free, was in the Harbor Tower. We asked for a handicapped accessible room to accomodate our friend. As soon as we entered the room, I noticed that it had a stale, smoky odor. It was supposed to be a non-smoking room. Also, the carpet was stained with red splotches at various spots throughout the room. The couch had stains on it, as did the bed skirt. As I was in the bathroom washing my hands, a huge bug went crawling on the counter by the sink. I was totally grossed out. Although the bathroom had grab bars and a shower seat in the tub, there was no cut out under the sink to accomodate a wheelchair. Made it kind of tough for my friend to use the sink.My husband and I both thought that the beds were too soft. We have stayed at Harrah's many times before and have never had any problems. I recommend that you ask to stay in any of the other towers but the Harbor Tower. One more thing I want to mention is that it is quite difficult as well as dangerous to go from the parking garge to the casino if you are disabled. The route you must take has you going outside and crossing the street. You need to be really careful. The staff was friendly, and we did have a wonderful time. The room just needed a redo.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the Harbor Tower. Ask for something in one of the newer hotel towers.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple