“To big to care about guests”

Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 April 2012 via mobile

Still in AC leaving tomorrow morning. We arrived at the Hotel at approximately 10
Am.. My wife and I waited on line for about 25 minutes, when I finally went to a front desk person and asked if there was any one who could help us check in. I was advised that they were only check Diamond members and working on check outs. That I could not check in until 4pm at that point I asked to speak to the hotel manager. I was informed that no one was available. I call three different times to speak to a manager and to date no one has called me back. I seems to me Harrahs is only concenef with there diamond and seven star guests and the rest well you can fill in the rest.

• Stayed: April 2012

Reviewed 23 April 2012 via mobile

My best friend and I just returned from an overnight trip to harrahs for some relaxation. Check in took a long time - about 45 minutes. Our room was clean but very plain and nothing special. The view overlooked to roof and the pool dome. We stayed on a Sunday night so the price was very low for the room, but if we had paid the weekend rate, we would have been very disappointed. The bathroom was nice and the beds were very comfortable. The pool is great! I loved the adults only policy because it made the whole atmosphere very relaxing. Drinks at the pool were quite expensive, but at least they were big and strong. The buffet was very good and a great value for what they offer. The casino has everything you would expect and had quite a few low minimum bet tables. Overall, it was a good trip. I would stay again, but I definitely warn against paying weekend room rates- they are not worth $300+.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Nice clean hotel. Awesome pool party @ night. Casino is smaller than others but I prefer it that way. The worst part of my two day stay was the bed, you sink way too much. Bed doesnt provide any back support. Traveling to the boardwalk was a pain because it was so far away.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Not what I expected from a "resort" property at those prices on a weekend. The rooms were generally dirty but the bathroom was DISGUSTING! So much mold in the shower and spray and hair all over the floors and walls. I didn't go up to the room until hours after I checked in so there was no way of changing rooms at that point. It's obvious they don't use the money they get from you on cleaning supplies.

Room Tip: Inspect your room right after you check in just in case it's as gross as mine was.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marc Z
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Had to attend a trade show and got a terriffic deal on 4 nites at this 4-star property. It is a beautiful Hotel and HUGE Casino (too huge for my liking)...however for the price we were happy.

A little surprised that in the room: No paper, pen or note pad/paper
Very dull/dim lighting
Only mirrors were in the bathroom or in the entryway, so if you were dressing in the room there was no mirror above the dresser/desk area...had to keep running back down to the entryway
No return exhaust fans in the bathroom (unusual)
This is a Casino for SMOKERS...we could not have a drink anywhere that smoking was prohibited...asked and was told that only the Restaurants and sections of the Casino were Non-Smoking...so if you abhor smoke...book somewhere else
And to me...this is the worst...we forgot our corkscrew and so I trekked down to the Concierge fully expecting that at a property like this the Concierge would be helpful (isn't that what they DO) only to be informed that she "Had" one but lent t to a guest and it was never returned, and advised me that there were a few stores that might be able to "sell' me one. I was floored...how difficult would it have been for her to get one from a nearby restaurant..or to have replaced the one she "Had" and keep another in her desk?? In other words..no service to the Guest! Fortunately, I saw a store off the Lobby that sold wine and I asked the young, pleasant sales clerk if she could help me out...to her credit she graciously offered to open my wine and I was so grateful I gave her a small tip. I just found it shocking that such a small request could not be fulfilled.

Room Tip: On weekends choose a room high up as far away from the Pool as possible...the boom,boom,boom from th...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business