“Affordable, hotel. Pretty satisfied.”
Review of Downbeach Inn

Downbeach Inn
Ranked #35 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed 7 August 2011

My family and I came on vacation this weekend to Seaside Heights, New Jersey. With it being a saturday night we couldnt find any place to stay so decided to look in atlantic city. I found this motel and inatantly gave it a shot. The guy at the front desk was very accomidating and polite. The thing I was most impressed about was the AC being on when we got in the room. The room is a little small, but there was a microwave and a mini fridge that worked. The bathrooms were clean as was the overall room. Also, room has a huge closet for storage. Im pretty satisfied for the price of this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011
4  Thank lyndsey614
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 22 May 2011

We were in AC along with other family members for a concert at the Borgata. The house rental that my BIL had arranged had fallen apart at the last minute and he scrambled to make other last minute arrangements. He arrived about 1/2 before we did and checked in and reserved a room for us for a "decent" Saturday night price.

Upon arriving, we discovered that there were 40 rooms and only about 25 parking spots. Street parking at the meters is $.25 per 5 minutes from 6 am until 11 pm. Or go find a lot for $8.00. You can park at the Hilton lot, if you have a HIlton card.

Check-in..had to wait 15 minutes for the desk clerk to return. He honored the internet price given to BIL and gave us one of the only available rooms on the 2nd floor. I have rheumathoid arthritis and have great difficutly with stairs. Great they have an elevator..nope out of order.

Finally upstairs. get to room - only 1 key works. Small room 2 double beds. Tube TV in small armoire. Night table between beds and a desk and a closet. Room was clean and so was the bathroom. Did a bedbug check and beds appeared bug free.

Did not hear any noise from neighbors. Beds were hard as a rock.

For the price - did not expect any amenities and there were not any.

BAD SIDE...upon entering there was a odor. I could not pin point it..but it might have been a chemical smell as previously posted. Put the AC on before we left but when we got back, it was off and the smell was still there. After 10 minutes in the room I started to have an allergic reaction. Time for my inhaler. Another bad thing. When we returned to the room and turned on the light switch right by the door, there apparently was a short with the floor lamp/switch.

We did not spend the night but instead opted to drive the 3.5 hours home and arrived back home at 3:45 am.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank orangectyny
Reviewed 13 July 2010

I booked a room for the Friday night of a holiday week well in advance, and got a room for a very low triple digit cost. Check-in/Check-out were both a breeze. The staff weren't super friendly, but weren't mean either. The room was very clean, but the hotel in general is just old & run-down. I did a thorough bed-bug check, which was negative. The shower fixtures had water scale and rust stains on them. Somebody had done tile work in the bathroom but did a terrible job caulking it. The plumbing access panel was cut into the drywall of the sleeping area, with no attempt to hide it, the peeling wallpaper in the bathroom was "fixed" by caulking the seams with bathroom caulk, and the back of the door had peeling paint and scuff marks. Now for the good: The air conditioner worked wonderfully, the bed was sleepable, the place was relatively quiet, and the water pressure was great.

I'm not a picky person at all, and I would stay here again if the price was right. Its very close to the beach/boardwalk, and not far from the south end of the casino area. Compared to other rooms at twice or 3X as much for a Friday night, it was decent. If you pay a lot and expect a decent room you'll be dissapointed but if you are just in need of a place to sleep and shower and IF you get this room at a decent price then its worth it.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank WhateverDude01
Reviewed 2 March 2010

This place is awful. The rooms are gross and walls way to thin. But the worst part is the service. When I got there, they wanted to charge me more than I was quoted online. I fought to get my price, but paid in cash because I was worried they would charge me more if they put it on my credit card. However, I had to give my card as desposit. Well I got home after the weekend and they had charge my card even though I paid for it with cash! Trying to get my money back has been a hassle. They still owe me money. Don't stay here! There's nicer hotels area at about the same price. If not, pay more. It's worth not having to deal with them! Plus, my smoke detector wasn't installed. It was sitting on top of dresser...not sure if it even worked.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2008

I booked 2 rooms - I paid for one room and another family member paid for the other room. At check in I didn't realize I didn't get my ID back because he was making a copy of it while I was waiting to get my room keys the guy was also waiting of 2 other people. I had my name on the other reservation and it wasn’t until my uncle checked in to the second room that the guy just gave my ID to them to return it to me. Why wasn’t I notified? He didn’t know what relationship this guy was to me. I had to go out of my way on my way home to retrieve it. We live over 100 miles from each other.
Our room had 2 night stands but no drawers in either of them. The bathroom did not have a hairdryer but a plate and outlet for a hair dryer. The small window in the bathroom was wide open upon entering the room. Seeing the area in daylight, I was nervouse for night time. The bed had no box spring and was so uncomfortable. Our TV didn’t turn on. I went to the front desk where I was told that I would have to wait an hour until someone came in to relieve her. Parking was a joke.If you are not there early, you will not have a spot or chances of getting parked in.
A sign hung in the office which read Sorry NO checks, Pets, Refunds.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank kae23