“Atlantic City Gambling and a Show (Smokey Robinson)”

Caesars Atlantic City
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Just came back from an extended weekend in Atlantic City, New Jersey. We stayed at Caesar's AC and had tickets to see Smokey Robinson at the theater there.

Drove up there Thursday afternoon (about 3.5 hour travel time), checked in and relaxed a bit in the room before heading down for a bit of gambling. Myself, I like the table games. Hooked on craps at the moment, use to be blackjack, also enjoy poker but I like the tournaments and I couldn't figure out times for any so I hit the craps table. My better half loves the slots, so I gave her a kiss and wished her luck as she stopped at her favorite (wheel of fortune) and off I went. Most of the craps tables were $10 minimum which was fine for me cause I like to build my bets up slowly. Discuss or no?

We had a great time gambled a bit, room service a lot and relaxed. Our room had a horrible view (see picture) luckily that didn't bother us cause we don't always need a view in order to relax.

Smokey was there on Saturday night so we dressed up a bit and went downstairs to the theater. We were about half-way back but luckily it is a fairly small theater so the seats were great. And for 72 years old Smokey still puts on a great show. He performed for about an hour and a half. The audience sang along with him for most of the songs. He sang a lot of his old hits and ones he wrote for others. If you like Motown music I highly recommend seeing Smokey Robinson if he comes to your area.

We packed up and left after the show cause Sundays starts the busy week up again starting with church then work. Got home about 4 in the morning and hit the bed for a couple hours. Even though I didn't have gambling luck on this trip, we had a wonderful time.

Talk soon
Boomer

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Boomer1300

Reviewed 27 April 2012

If you can stay here for a good price, then you can't beat the deal. Location is excellent...on the boardwalk, two block walk from the outlets and centrally located to other casinos. The room was clean and spacious...not fancy, but if you are not planning to spend all day in the room (which is you are coming to AC, you dont need to) then it certainly does the job it is intended to do.

We are not big gamblers, but saw a concert in their theater (excellent venue, but poor beer/wine selection), enjoyed walking on the boards and checking out the shops. We prefer local restaurants to the big name $ ones, but there is something for everyone.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank honeysucklerose24
Reviewed 27 April 2012

We stayed midweek on the 29th floor of the Centurian Tower. Be aware that the odd numbered side of the hall on this floor is lit all night from the roof lights illuminating the building. The room is a good size and the beds are very comfortable. Bedding is good quality and there are an assortment of pillows on the bed. Every room has a refrigerator and safe.
I tried to order room service twice, but each time I was placed on hold for a long period of time. I finally gave up and went downstairs to Cafe Roma for breakfast. They were busy, but there appeared to be plenty of tables available. The menu was extensive and interesting. I ordered an eggs benedict made with lox instead of ham. It was very good except it was served cold. Service was prompt and efficient, but the waitress seemed overworked. I will try it one more time before rendering a review on the restaurant.
We ate dinner at the Buffet located right next to the Cafe Roma. The selection was interesting with a majority of the seafood dishes being shrimp. Alot of comfort food. Vegetables were all al dente, which is rare for a buffet. Desserts were very good. The soft serve ice cream was a good quality and very creamy.
Service was good. We had free tickets for the buffet. I'm not sure it was worth the face value of $30.
I like Caesars. The positioning of the hotel lobby makes it necessary to walk through the casino, and the layout is a bit confusing with a lack of signage. But once you get the hang of it, the place is very nice.

Room Tip: Ask how close the floor is to outdoor building lighting. I have never had spot lights shining in the...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I have stayed at Harrahs, Showboat, Trump Plaza, Trump Marina (now Golden Nugget), AC Hilton (now The Atlantic Club) & Tropicana and, aside from Tropicana (which is so far south on the boardwalk it is really it's own little world), Caesars is my favorite so far. I booked a free luxury room about 2 months in advance for a Sunday night. Of course, you have no idea what you will really get when you arrive but we were beyond happy with our corner room in the Centurion Tower with windows facing the beach & to the north. The rooms appear to have been recently renovated - there was even a small tv *IN* the bathroom mirror! That would have been much handier had we'd planned on staying longer but still pretty cool.

Caesars location can't be beat - right in the middle of the boardwalk and attached to their Pier Shops...a great bonus especially if it's raining but you want to get out of the casino environment. Plus, it's connected to Bally's Wild West which is connected to Bally's so you have 3 casinos that are all Total Rewards without ever having to step foot outside. In the winter or bad weather this comes in quite handy.

I spent most of my gambling time on the 2nd floor of the casino (hotel level, I guess you could say) which was pretty sizeable. It was only several hours later that we ventured downstairs to the boardwalk level which is the main casino floor - and WOW there were a lot of tables and slots! Caesars also has one of my new favorite games - Rapid Roulette. It is a great cross between a table game & a slot.

Oh, and don't miss the gelato or the caprese sandwich sold at the cafe in the hotel lobby. Both were excellent!

My one complaint? (and it's a big one) - our doorbell rang at 11pm and when we didn't answer, housekeeping let himself in. We didn't have the safety latch closed, so that was our fault. Apparently ,housekeeping had the wrong room. I did call the front desk and all they said was "if you call housekeeping to request something and you dont answer your door, they will leave it in your room." Well, great, but what if you have the wrong room, like they did in this case? Bad policy, IMHO. The woman was apologetic but not as much as I had hoped she'd be.

Room Tip: Check their website for disounted room rates & off days so you don't overpay.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I usually come down to AC every other week because I get a biweekly offer for a free room, free food, and free slot play. I like to come during the week because it isn't as busy. This time around, I came down on a Wednesday evening. Due to the fact that I am a Diamond member, I was able to get priority check in. This is where a lot of people get confused and in turn, disappointed. Caesars Entertainment has a Rewards program called Total Rewards. If you play slots, table games, etc., you present your card and you can earn "credits" that go towards your Tier Score. In turn, your Tier Score determines your level of benefits. Everyone starts at Gold, then it increases to Platinum (4,000 credits in your Tier Score), Diamond (11,000 credits in your Tier Score), and Seven Stars (100,000 credits in your Tier Score). It is not cheap to achieve Diamond or Seven Stars status, thus I feel as though having the separation between Gold/Platinum and Diamond/Seven Stars is fair because I have shelled out money to the casino.

Back to the room review. I did not arrive until 7:30 pm, so the agent was only able to offer me a room on the lowest level of the Centurium Tower (the tower I prefer) or a smoking room in the Ocean Tower (Ocean Tower is nice - but only if you get the mini or full suite). I took the Centurium Tower and went about my way.

The room always looks the same in Centurium Tower. Nice bathroom with separate toilet closet, walk in shower with bench, TV in bathroom mirror. Bedroom area was clean and up to par. The view was of the top of the other building, but I wasn't there for a view. I was there to gamble.

For a free room, I am not going to complain.

P.S. - I love the fact that you can order breakfast for room service the night before and they are ALWAYS on time!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo