“Food worth the wait!!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Brighton Avenue
Description: Been in business 28 yrs. Featuring Italian American Cusine. One block from Tropicana and The Quarter. Family Owned. Upscale Italian American white table cloth restaurant . PLEASE upscale casual dress.... no tee shirts, graffiti tees, cut off, beachwear,Male tank tops.
New Jersey
“Food worth the wait!!”
Reviewed 5 February 2012

It started out rocky for us as we had reservations but due to an unforeseen amount of "convention goers" we had to wait about a half hour. I'm so glad we did! The food was AMAZING and the owner was very apologetic even buying us a glass of wine for our trouble. I marked the Value as a 4 because some people might say the prices are high. But if you know fine Italian cooking you will find the prices reasonable for what you get. Give this place a chance. It's more than worth it.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Longport, New Jersey
“Holy Cannoli”
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Had the opportunity to go to Cafe 2825 with family and friends. What a lasting impression I have of this little Italian restaurant. The host/owner was a genuinely warm person, shaking hands and offering well wishes to all who entered. At the bar I ordered a Markers MArk on the rocks. Big glass fill to the rim and topped with the lemon twist. Dinner was really a treat. My son ordered the Sunday Gravy. He was one very happy kid. A large meatball, braciole and sausage in a very hearty homemade (no way was it jar) gravy. (Italians call it gravy, not sauce. You put sauce on pizza) Needless to say the plate was licked clean. My wife and I had the grilled Bronzino (white fish-boned at the table). It was a large and delicate filet of Bronzino. Tasty, not overly crushed by olive oil or other spices. My wife had the same and our other guest had the Veal Chop Milanese. That not only looked good but I was told was excellent. The desert was cannoli. I though my son was going to have heart palpitations when he bit into the riccotta cannoli. The smile on his face said it all, and he's been eating cannolis since he was 2. He's 22 now. The coffee was fresh, strong and delicious. Topped off with a Sambucca and I was in heaven. The place is quaint, clean with good spacing between the tables. Some of the smaller places pack you in like sardines. Not here. You have the ability to enjoy your party and the conversation while not listening to the table next to you. Well worth the visit, and yes I'd definitely return.

• Visited December 2011
Williamstown, New Jersey
“Food Good, Service Good, Diners Loud!”
Reviewed 19 November 2011

First time at restaurant. Read prior reviews and wanted to give it a try. My husband and I went for my birthday. I would not go there for a special occasion again however I would go for a good meal any other day of the week. The restaurant was filled with what appeared to be business meetings with large tables of around 10 each. My husband and I were the only diners of two at a table. Although the food was good and they are very accommodating to special food orders the atmosphere was very noisy although not a bar scene. Reservations are recommended since the seating is limited and the restaurant is pretty small.

• Visited November 2011
Margate City, New Jersey
“Great restaurant”
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Cafe 2825 is one of Atlantic City's best Italian restaurants. Everything is fresh. Great Italian dishes. The owners are always present and make everyone comfortable. Outstanding service. Really a must stop in Atlantic City.

• Visited October 2011
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“Only the best will do!”
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Always a wonderful experience when Cafe 2825 is visited. From the owner Joe and his wife, to the ambience and most of all the food. Feel like I'm back in Italy....Everything is cooked to order, and if you want anything added or changed, they are always glad to accomodate. Will always be one of our favorite restaurants.

• Visited September 2011