“Gross - Horrible Staff”

and 1 more site!
La Renaissance Suites
Ranked #20 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed 7 September 2011

This place was absolutely awful. First, we made our reservations for 2 rooms at once and called twice to confirm that the rooms were together for a bachelorette party, yet we were still separated by 5 floors after checking in. We also tried to call to add another room at the same rate we were previously quoted and told we would need to talk to a manager. I called 6 times over the course of 2 weeks, all at different times of day and then left 2 messages to have a manager call me back and never heard from anyone. The parking only allows for 1 car per room and is really creepy. The hallways are stained and smell absolutely awful. The ONLY good thing about this place is the price. Spend a few extra bucks and go somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 23 August 2011

I stayed there for the weekend & my sister woke up in the bed next to me with a bed bug on her leg after it had bit her. When we went down to the front desk to let them know, the front desk person asked if we had the bug with us to show him?? Then told us that they "never" had this problem before. We were told the manager was out for the day, but to call on Monday. I called several times on Monday with no call backs & I wrote her an email to again describe this incident. Lastly the website I used to book this hotel got in touch with a different front desk person since the manager was now all of a sudden off for a week. This person told us they knew about my incident but that we wouldn't get a refund because they didn't find any bugs after we left. When I got home I looked on the internet & found someone stating there were bed bugs in Room 804 which was the same room I stayed in. Except she wrote this back in February. She said she placed the bug in a cup & brought it down to the front desk person & got her refund. I guess next time I'll save all the bugs to show as proof! Never staying there again & I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. Now me & my guests risked bringing this bugs home & so far are not getting any refund or any compensation.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank EverMoreUnknown
Reviewed 6 August 2011

overall can not complain ....when it comes to cleaniness place was spotless....housekeeping was there everyday...with fresh towels or anything you needed...front desk very pleasant and kind....parking was perfect we used the car elevator so we parked one the 3rd floor ...plenty of space....view amazing except the rooftops but you could still see an ocean ...:))(we were on the 5th floor but higher the view was much better /you could see the entire boardwalk/)
...the only con is they could really update the decor...tv was a small tube (though lots of channels)......hot tub a bit broken and to shallow ....it looked like the place was(and probably is) decorated in the 80's.....love the music from tha time... but not the decor...;))

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank flygirl31
Reviewed 1 July 2011

This was a great hotel! Your car is parked in a secure garage, the rooms were clean and comfortable, nice bathroom, and kitchen with anything that you need. The room was serviced once during our five day stay which was perfect. The lobby staff was helpful and buzzed us in everytime we came back.The pool is small and there is a hot tub. The deck outside the pool has a great view of the beach. Our room had a balcony which was nice to sit out on in the morning. You are centrally located, 10 steps from the boardwalk, with Dunkin Donuts right around the corner for breakfast. This is a no frills hotel, if you want somewhere nice and close to everything, come stay here! We will definetly go back to the La Renaissance!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank kthomas2
Reviewed 6 June 2011

My boyfriend and I booked this hotel because of the price. We were sort of nervous after reading the reviews that we would want to switch hotels after we arrived. But thankfully this wasn't the case. I'll start off by talking about the location. This hotel is right on the boardwalk. It is in the middle of the boardwalk so it is easy access to everything. My boyfriend and I did not have to move our car out of the garage the whole weekend to go to any of the casinos. It is a block away from caesars and ballys and close by the shops. The garage is tight but as long as you have a small car its not a problem. You have to have a card to get into garage which is good because it gave me peace of mind. This hotel is NOT A NON SMOKING hotel. Yes it does smell like smoke on some floors but our room was fine. Every hotel room is basically a mini apartment. This is what made us love the hotel. With having a mini apartment you do not feel cramped. We loved being able to grab breakfast at dunkin donuts and eat it in the living room while watching tv. The staff was also friendly. And the hotel was not noisy. The only complaint I guess we could make is that the pool area looks sort of dingy and unkempted. But Hey with easy access to the beach we did not care that we didn't seem in the pool. We are rebooking in August.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple