New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #16 of 52 Hotels in Atlantic City
New York City, New York
“5 out of 10”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

I just got back from a one night stay at the Flagship Resort in Atlantic City. I'll let you know exactly what was there:

Positive:
1. Beautiful view!! (We stayed on the 19th floor on the Marina side)
2. Very spacious room with a nice TV
3. Private balcony with chairs (It is VERY romantic at night).. However, it is unsafe for children.
3. Kitchen (even if you wont use it, its convenient to have another sink in the room)
4. Polite staff at check in/out
5. Shuttle service to Resorts. (If you stay out past 10pm, you may have to take a taxi back. Its around $10.00).

Negative:
1. Slow elevators
2. Not a comfortable bed. Plus the pillows were not completely covered by the pillowcase, which I found to be beyond disgusting.
3. A check-in surprise of a $100 deposit which we better get back.
4. Dangerous area (Make sure you do not walk around at night)
5. Smoke from other rooms went into our non-smoking room

I hope this helps!

6 Thank Lovely1212
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

Just returned from a week at the Flagship. We are timeshare owners who exchanged into the resort for a week. I only gave it 2 stars instead of 1 because of the view. Had a renovated room on a high floor with beautiful views of the ocean and Brigantine beach. Decor wasn't plush but it was fine for a week. The problem is that the room and the entire resort, in general, is FILTHY. Even after the once weekly maid service (which was a joke) the suite was still filthy. And roaches crawled out of the kitchen sink and the bathroom sink. One was also spotted in the laundry room. Pool is murky. WiFi is a joke. I would never stay again and think the resort should be ashamed of their low cleanliness standards.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank madforlabs

Travellers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Warren, Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2012

Well after much debating, I had narrowed down my choices for Atlantic City hotels down to four. Two outside of Atlantic City, the Flagship, and the Taj Mahal hotel/casino. After reading about the Taj Mahal hotel being distant from the parking garage, and after going there seeing many people lugging their stuff through the garage and casino, i was glad I did not choose that. I stayed at three different hotels during my NJ vacation, and was really glad the Flagship was one of them! I booked it the day of staying there, as I was that reluctant to stay after reading reviews, but I am glad I did. I LOVE balcony's and very few if any other hotel in atlantic City offered rooms with balcony's. That was the main reason I chose the flagship, I really wanted to have a balcony.

Many reviews mention the elevators, and I rode on three of the four availible ones, and they ran quick. Im guessing that fourth one was not fixed yet. There was a sign saying it was a 1.6 million dollar renovation. Anyway they were quick and usually the wait was a minute or less. When I was checking out, it did take several minutes to get one down to the lobby, but otherwise no issues. The restaurant was closed when we went, on a Wednesday night.

One of my major complaints about this hotel is the fees. When you get a room, you must leave a 100 deposit, if its credit card, it takes 48 hours after check out to clear and get back, mine took about 4-5 days. If you use cash, they send you a check a month later. So I am writing this after getting my deposit back, to make sure nothing happened with it. Other fees included 7 for parking, 50 if you did not clean your dishes from your room, and 20 for EACH towel if you take them from the pool area, and 20 for each towel if you take any from your room itself. I found it absurd you can't take towels from the pool area to your room, so you must completely dry off before leaving. You must have the person there check off that you gave them back. When my girlfriend and I decided to leave the pool, the lady was no where to be found and we waited 5 minutes before she came back to make sure she wrote down we returned them. She said you didn't have to wait, but I didn't want to spend $40 either by chancing it. What irked me the most is she saw us get out and was right next to the pool, and as soon as we start drying off, she disappears. I felt like it was a scheme to make money.
Regarding parking, it appearantly went down from 7.49 to 7 per day. When I first pulled in, I asked when do you pay, and they said ask at the front desk. I did and they said you pay when you check out. When I checked out, it wasn't mentioned at all, and I am not sure If I paid for it or not, so it was a bit confusing.

The resort itself has many things to do, so I will discuss some. We did not use the shuttle but it was operating. We visited the game room which has a good selection, two pool tables, a fun basketball game, and other arcade games. We spent a good hour there, and the prices were reasonable. We utilized the outdoor 7th floor two hot tubs, which was nice. It was misting outside at first, and it felt great on our face with the hot water. We really enjoyed it. We then went in the pool which was only 4 or 5 feet deep. I was expecting it to be a little deeper. It was a decent size, and only had a few people in it. This was near 8 when we entered, and from 8-9 its supposed to be adults only. The kids left at around 8:10. We left soon after. The water wasn't really warm and didn't seem heated, maybe slightly, but was tolerable.
The pool area itself was pretty nice and they were renovating one of the outside decks as it was closed due to recent painting.
The 7th Floor seemed really fancy and was really nice, as was the sixth floor.

Now for our room, We were given a room on the 32nd floor, which is the top floor. The balconies on this floor do not have anything over them, so its more open. There was two seats and a small table outside. We loved the balcony, it was a great size, and offered views of the bay and Harras and the golden nugget. Also visible was a small park close by. We liked our room, but it had a few flaws. I doubt it was one of the renovated units, but it was decent. The desk/tv stand combo needed painting as it was chipped and visibly in bad shape. The couch was really comfortable and black leather. Loved the rest of the room, decent size, nice dinner area with chairs. Another tv in the bed room. The bathroom needed some work, and the counter space was nearly non existent. There was no room to put your own toiletries.

The room was clean but we did find plastic wrap under the desk from a previous guest. Also the curtain had a burn hole, despite our room saying non smoking, and if you did smoke it was a 200 FEE for cleaning carpets. Again too many fees, every where you went. WE were very careful to clean everything, and even made the bed in fear we would be charged some fee for leaving the room to messy or something. The lamps were nice though, and there was plenty of lighting.
Overall we would stay here again and were happy with the accomodations. The rooms are a good size and for under a hundred bucks for the night, it was a great deal and a nice hotel. We always left by car as nothing is really close by, but the balcony and that view more then made up for the extra driving and not having breakfast offered by the hotel for free. I would stay again, as I loved the hotel and was really happy I gave it a try after reading the reviews. Just be careful to not do something that will cause them to charge you fees! Also My girlfriend used the dryer and it was extremely slow and took the full 45 minutes to dry what was 2/10 a load, so if you have a full load it will probably have to be run twice.

The staff seemed okay, although when we were leaving there was like 4 staff people in the garage doing a small task and one of them were smoking, while the nearby trash can was over flowing. Also the hallway from the elevator to the garage smelled horrific. It was better the next morning, but the night of our stay we literally held our breaths while walking through. Also it needs to be wider, as we got trapped when someone in a wheel chair wanted to come through. I say give it a try, its a great property and huge building!

Room Tip: Higher the floor, the better the view!
3 Thank Mike M
Columbia SC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

Me and my family just stayed here last week.The location of the hotel is great. It is right on the beach; it's not in the heart of Atlantic City but the oceanfront/view makes up for that. The valet and staff were both friendly. However, the parking is not well organized at all and if you are traveling with like a youth group etc. and are driving a 12+ passenger van;you will have to park your vehicle along the street instead of in the parking garage. Which can pose as a safety hazard, if valuables are left in the vehicle because the surrounding neighborhood isn't the best. Next, whenever we visited they were having flooding problems due to a pipe bust on the 18-25 floors and were only willing to knock off 10 USD for the inconvenience. It is not worth it, the carpet in the rooms are filthy. The pool was murky as well.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Vidamarie N
Reading, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

The girl that checked us in was rude when we told her we were not aware od a 100.00 dollar deposit.She only gave us the key and didnt give us a receipt for the one hundred dollars we put down, besides that I didnt let that ruine my good time. The other people around the hotels were very polite and as far as the maids, well I didnt have no problem with the one I had on my floor very polite lady.The frontocean view was amazing, I will definetly go back again for a longer stay.

Room Tip: Higher floors like floors have a better view