“Dashed Hopes”

Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel
Ranked #12 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed at the Sheraton on 5/31/12. We were disappointed that when we arrived at our room there was a food tray sitting outside....full of food. It stayed there during our entire stay! I called and requested a wake up call for my 1/2 marathon run in the morning. Luckily I set a second alarm since they never provided a wake up call. Wifi is not provided and the rooms don't even have a small refridgerator.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LAN6630
SheratonAC, General Manager at Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

We are so sorry to hear that your experience with us was "Dashed Hopes" I have shared you comments with my team and we are working on improving for our future guests. We would like to welcome you back to stay with us again. Please contact our Executive Office so we can make sure your stay with us is a comfortable as possible.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

If you are looking to stay off the strip, and don't need a casino, this is a nice place to stay. I stopped gambling in AC a long time ago so I could care less about casinos. Stayed here when we decided to stay overnight after attending a convention. The hotel is located directly across from the Convention Center. Walking distance to the outlets. Attached to the Tun Tavern. Clean hotel, nice amenities and very good service. Valet parking took slightly longer than expected to get car in the morning and calling down, but whatever.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Atlantic City hotel. We hope you stay with us again soon for another "Nice" stay in Atlantic City!

Reviewed 20 April 2012

We booked last minute with The Sheraton. Stayed 3 nights for a basketball tournament. The Mgr was nice enough to give us the Basketball rate though we were 3 days past the deadline.

Typically we stay at Marriott properties but tried this hotel for the tournament ( The host Hotel). We were greeted and with a warm friendly smile and the bell hop gave a wonderful mini tour and some history as we went to our rooms.
When asked about corner rooms the front desk was happy to assist with NO extra cost! ( Im liking this already!!!!)

The hotel was grand.... the atmosphere was very nice, the hotel theme is “Miss America”...seeing that Atlantic city is where the pageant has been held for many many years.
The big screen TV played Miss America pageants 24/7 it was very interesting...they had The gowns from 1920's through the present....my son even though it was rather “cool”.

The front desk and lounge area were open and friendly and had a eloquent touch of class to it.( To my surprise ...very calming- though there were a lot of teams - ages 9-18) the lobby and lounge areas was expressive. ...sort of ....”Feng Shui” but not over the top.

The Hotel has a great location...Close....meaning right our the front door to the Tanger Outlets and nestled next to the convention center ( truly a 2 minutes walk out the door to the convention center) and 3 blocks from the Casinos....with restaurants along the way!!!
Wow...and all I thought I was going to do was shoot the hoop ( Basketball).

The outlets had coupon books that you could buy (AARP and AAA had specials- so don’t forget to ask).
We shopped for 3 hours during the Easter weekend , but the focus was Basketball!!!!...Only 10 minutes away from Atlantic City High school and other gyms.... it was the perfect spot!!!!
The Price was awesome, and I...felt like a queen...or should I say “Miss America” (smile).
The guys were happy and though we didn’t win the tournament, we felt like superstars for the weekend.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room!!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank OurTripTip4U
SheratonAC, General Manager at Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Atlantic City!! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and experienced all we have to offer. We do have a great location close to the outlets, attached to the convention center and just blocks from the excitement of the casinos. We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us for another "Super Star Weekend" when your travels bring you back to Atlantic City!

Reviewed 15 April 2012

I am a starwood preferred traveller and I am attending a convention in Atlantic City. The convention starts on Monday with attendees being housed at the Trump Taj Mahal and Resorts but coming from Dallas I decided to redeem Starwood points and get there early to enjoy the casinos.
The plus is that it is not attacehd to a casino so it is more quiet yet within wlaking distance of the Boardwalk. The negative is that there are not a lot of food choices so you basically have to walk every where.
The staff was friendly and smiling. The rooms clean and large.
So I did enjoy my stay and it was worth the points. Tonite staying at Resorts and I will be checking out the new Revel. I will keep you posted. Have a great Sunday.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
SheratonAC, General Manager at Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

We are always happy to welcome our SPG guests here at the Sheraton Atlantic City Hotel.
So glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we do agree we are "worth the points!"
We look forward to welcoming you home again soon when your travels bring you back to Atlantic City and you are looking to use some of your points!

Reviewed 14 April 2012

My boyfriend and I came here for my birthday. It was horrible.

His parents are spg platinum members. They booked our room and yet we didn't get to stay on the club level. They gave us some crappy JR suite. The tiles were coming off in the bathroom. The bathroom was super small. There was a queen bed instead of a king. Oh, and my boyfriend arranged for champagne to be in the room waiting for us... never happened. They screw you on room service too. They charge crazy gratuity.

Just stay at a casino instead. Trust me, you'll save on the cab rides there and back every night. AC has some shady parts so you HAVE to take cabs or you will get robbed. We met an elderly couple at the casino who got 500 taken from them.

if anyone has any questions, message me!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us was not what you expected. I have shared your experience and comments with my team and rest assure we take these comments to heart and make changes to improve our guest experience for our future guests. Please feel free to contact our Executive Office with any additional comments or if we can assist you with your next visit.