“For AC, as good as it gets..”

The Water Club by Borgata
Ranked #4 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
New York City, New York
“For AC, as good as it gets..”
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I am a big fan of Borgata and Water Club. For Atlantic City, you wont find better luxury hotels. Location is tough as they are not near the beach/boardwalk, but the propery itself is luxurious and feels like a Vegas caliber hotel. Love the indoor pool cafe...great cocktails and food. Rooms are modern, clean and spacious. Only minor suggestions- the line to check in is a bit chaotic and the pool is always so crowded that it can't ever be used. All in all a great trip.

• Stayed September 2011
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
NYC
Reviewed 6 August 2012

The staff on the whole were not pleasant. The range of restaurants didn't impress. Somehow, nickel and diming me to use the gym.

I went to take a shave, and the lighting was so poor in the bathroom that it was tantamount to trying to commit suicide by safety razor.

Poor, very poor.

By the way, don't fall for the need to give them a Date of Birth when registering, it so they can set up an credit account so you can gamble. Very poorly executed almost on the verge of shady!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Hillsborough, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We stayed 2 nights at the Water Club in adjoining rooms with my sister and her children. When we checked in we were lucky enough to have the rooms ready. We had a great view of the Absecon Lighthouse. We discovered that the pools did not allow children and were instructed that the pool at the Borgata could accomadate us. No problem since we really were more interested in the beach at Brigantine. I would suggest this route for anyone looking for a great beach. Our rooms were adequate, the bathrooms are spacious with great rain showerheads. I did find that although we like our room cooler, the thermostat, set for cooler temps, never really worked. However, the room is well ventilated, just not cool enough. Beds are very comfortable. We did have breakfast at the Metropolitan Cafe. It is diner like, but the food was very good.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Raree18
Somerset West, Western Cape, South Africa
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Firstly do not expect your luggage to be delivered to your room.......just schlep same from the Borgata Hotel Reception through the casino to "The Water Club" or perhaps a better word would be Grand Central Station! Once in your smoking King Room, force yourself to overlook the cigaret burned carpets, absolute no fresh ventilation or tilting windows and the aroma of the previous smoking guest lingering. Keeping your socks on in the room is optional.......just in case!! Do not forget your purple arm band when joining the line for at least half an hour to use the "Borgata Water Club Pool Aria" to accommodate a third of the Hotels guests....rather not!!! IF FUSSY AND EXPECTING 5-STAR TREATMENT IN A FIVE STAR RESORT...DON'T GO!!!!

Room Tip: Don't Go!!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank CJCAPETOWN_12
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I was planning 3 nights at the Water Club. The hotel seems very impressive but you immediately walk into rules and regulations about everything including all the advance charges to your credit card.

When I got to my room, like the previous review, I was on an upper floor with a wonderful view but my non smoking room smelled like stale smoke. I turned on the AC and took off to get dinner and check things out.

When I returned the smoke smell was still lingering. I checked my reservation to see if I confirmed a non smoking room, I did. I called the front desk and complained. They told me to discuss it with housekeeping. I told them no. They said that I could change my room. I told them no, I will be checking out tomorrow. They told me that it was too late to cancel my reservation for the next day but they can cancel the third. I said to them, it is 24 minutes after 9 and you are going to charge me for the room tomorrow after this? Anyway, they took all the charges away so I just paid for the one very uncomfortable stinky night.

The bed and the pillows were what was so smelly in the room and you just can't get rid of that filth. I checked out in the morning and tried to enjoy the pool before I had to leave. You can't get a seat anywhere and you are put on a waitlist (they call your cell when a seat is available) So you can't select your own seat anywhere, you get what you get. Pools are too small for the amount of people there - a real turn off!

Happily the best part of my departure was driving out of there and seeing Borgata/Water Club in my rear view mirror. NEVER AGAIN! GOODBYE!

Stayed at the Four Seasons in Philly for the rest of the weekend!! Talk about service! Home away from home there and paid less.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo