7 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.com$398
Trip.com$346
Lol.travel$571
1,858 results
All reviews bourbon tower balcony suite ferris wheel steel pier view of the ocean arcade boardwalk boxing ac celebrity concert employees games
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 May 2021

Upon checking in there was no bell Captain to hold our bags upon checking in to wait to get into our room. Property is non smoking but when we got to our room burn marks everywhere chairs look like people were turning off cigarettes on chairs in room and in the tub. But they charge you for damages❓ Took pictures of all damages not to get charged. There were not enough towels or toilet paper in room. Toilet papers was never changed whatever was left from previous person was there. I called for towels and paper toilet the next day at 12 noon never brought before I left room at 2 for lunch reservations. So me and my wife and friend left room for lunch went down tried to get a cab from front lobby no cabs at all in area for 10 mins, walked back in to ask the hotel to order me one. Supposedly Cab was ordered but never showed my party had to walk with heels out of the area on to the streets to hail one worst experience ever no cab in site Jitney was the only way to travel. Keep in mind most of the hotel is closed and deserted and dark no workers in site when needed. No bell captain no valet parking no cabs no room service in all aspects of the word. The worse part was the day of check out. The day of check out before even checking out house keeping which is never available for anything opens my door as I am getting dressed to check out at 1105 check out is at 11 and front desk was called about me running late. They entered my room without knocking I was naked. Go down to check out and speak to manager but of course only apologies was the word. FOMT WASTE YOUR MONEY TO BE STRESSED GO ELSE WHERE…..

1  Thank Jenniffer8787
G M, Guest Services / Front Office at Showboat Atlantic City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2021

Jenniffer8787, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. The incidents you highlighted in your review concern me very much. This is certainly not the type of service our hotel is known for, and we extend our sincerest apologies. Rest assured we are following up on your concerns to ensure we are well poised to serve you better during your next stay. We are confident you will have a much more positive experience next time. We hope you, your wife, and your friends will give us an opportunity to make this up to you on a future stay.

Reviewed 23 May 2021

I actually am in the middle of my stay. I knew there was no casino before getting here. Upon check in the lady told me they can't clean the room because of covid, understandable. I stayed at Harrahs last month and they didn't clean the room either. No big deal. It smelled nice, a nice view. The hard Rock and resorts is less than a half mile walk for food. Or you can order food at the two places in the hotel. Overall this is just our second day here and I have no complaints except they should have a store with snacks and drinks and medicine. Other than that it's good.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
G M, Guest Services / Front Office at Showboat Atlantic City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2021

Jessika, thank you for choosing to stay with us. We work hard to make our guests happy. Your satisfaction is very important to us as we constantly strive to make your experience a great one. Thank you once more for your review. Please enjoy the rest of your stay.

Reviewed 22 May 2021 via mobile

The room was dirty. The bathroom had cigarettes burns on the bathroom tub. The bed were squeaky and dirty. I won't be visiting the showboat anytime soon again. This place was absolutely filthy. I paid extra for a more premium room and that did not help... room was cheap now I know why!

1  Thank paullQ6098JT

Paul, we want to thank you for your stay and for taking the time to post your review. We sincerely apologize for the cleanliness issues you encountered. Your feedback is essential to improving our guest experience, and we will take the appropriate action to ensure this does not happen again. We hope you will revisit as we would welcome another opportunity to make your next stay exceptional.

Reviewed 15 May 2021 via mobile

Big party (!) hundreds of people (!) and no one is wearing a mask (!?!) ain’t we having some fun now (?!?) it’s so much easier to enjoy all the big new arcade games they’ve got when you’re not worrying about your nose sticking out, lol! Thanks for the fun night!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
G M, Guest Services / Front Office at Showboat Atlantic City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2021

Kristine, we are glad you enjoyed your time at the Showboat Hotel. Thank you for your wonderful rating, and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 14 May 2021 via mobile

I hadn’t been to the Showboat since it’s casino closing awhile back and decided to try out the hotel because I was staying alone for one night and figured it would be cool to check out as well as safe and clean. At first in the room everything was normal and average, nothing spectacular. I left for about one hour and when I returned immediately noticed the lock on the door appeared as if it had been almost all the way unscrewed from the plate on the door. This concerned me, one because when I got there it was perfectly intact, two, I would be there alone and three I might possibly be sensitive to security issues for a reason from my past. Without hesitation I called the front desk to which I was not treated very kindly or was the guy helpful, but did have the room chAnged. I went to go get the key and I was blessed with having to watch and listen to the one lady who was working at the front desk have an entire laughing sessions or ten minutes with which seemed to be her friends, until I just lost my cool and had enough and pretty much told her to make my keys and then she could do whatever she wanted. The second room was outdated and all the appliances were probably from 1980 when the Showboat was built. It smelled like mothballs and like not a soup had been in there for a decade. It’s not the property though here that is the problem, that would cause me to come to the World Wide Web and write such an awful review. It is the staff, management and owners. All of which I spoke to at least one of. Not a gram of customer service, genuine concern, or just plain decency. I was really looking forward to going back to check out the arcade that has taken what three years to open, but no Pac-Man or Mario bros is even worth going back and having to deal with those jerks. They did absolutely not a thing to even attempt to show grace or what any successful business does with a customer who has a problem that is caused by their own property. Novices.

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Helldarling
G M, Guest Services / Front Office at Showboat Atlantic City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2021

Thank you for being our guest and for your valuable feedback. Please accept our sincere apologies for your disappointing visit. Our goal is to provide every guest with an exceptional and memorable stay; therefore, we truly regret that this was not your experience. Your comments have been shared with the appropriate individuals so we can ensure it is not repeated. We hope you will give us another chance to provide you with the hospitality you deserve. Thank you again for your feedback.