“Not impressed”

Nautilus Dive Center
Reviewed 29 March 2017

We were recommended to dive with this place. Don't understand why. The gear was good except for the wetsuits, holes in all of them. Besides, 3mm is not enough for 21 degrees. At least not for me...

The divemaster didn't give us a briefing before the dive, I had to ask a bunch of questions. He didn't point out anything in the water and didn't check if we were OK or had enough of air until the end of the dive. For me it was OK but not if you're a less experienced diver.

They also brought people who had never dove before without showing them any skills beforehand.

In the surface interval we got Coca-Cola and snacks, I prefer fruit and water but that's a personal preference.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 19 December 2016 via mobile

The staff at this dive centre are very friendly although most don't speak much English (I always had an English speaking divemaster though). The pousada they use for their surface interval has great views and is a nice place to rest and have a snack before the second dive. However, most of the rental kit I or my buddies had, had small leaks and one day we nearly hit our no-deco time limit which our divemaster didn't seem concerned about which makes me question their safety practices. The photos they take of you for free are a nice touch. At about £25 a day as a certified diver it's very good value for money if they improve the safety concerns.

1  Thank Pop91x
Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

Completed the Mini Course. Had a good experience. Clear instruction and I felt fully prepared for the dive after the classroom portion and practical skills session in the shallow water. The second dive site had a good variety of fish and coral, I'd go back again.

Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

We tried the half day fun dive today. It was the first time ever scuba diving for the both of us and we had a blast! Our instructors made us feel very comfortable and safe throughout the whole experience. They provided a snack, which was a small sandwich and some juice, not much but enough to get you through until lunch. The water was nice and warm, but unfortunately the visibility wasn't the greatest (otherwise would have been 5 out of 5).

Reviewed 21 October 2016 via mobile

Together with a friend I did the 3-day open water Padi course. Our instructor Noa had over 20years of diving experience and was great to hang out with.

Nautilus diving center is one of only few dive centers properly insured, and has good and well maintained material.

If you take the course you can stay at a small cabin 20min by boat from Taganga. We stayed there for one night. A great location for relaxation, but all the mosquitos ruined the experience a bit for us.

I would highly recommend Nautilus dive center and especially ask for Noa!