All reviews two days hot water carts ocean tours island providencia motorbike caribbean
Reviewed 5 January 2017

The big guy at the desk acted like a bouncer at a Russian night club. He charged us more than the website offered and when he couldnt get the credit card machine to work, he told me I had to rent a motorcycle and go to the other side of the island to the ATM. ´¨If you don´t have money, that is not my problem. If you don´t pay me, we will have a big problem.¨´´ What a jerk´

The pool is nice and the rooms are on the water. One of the best places to stay in Aguadulce. The maids were nice and did a good job.

Room Tip: All the rooms are basically the same. Upstairs would be quieter
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mike Z
Reviewed 19 April 2016

I came to Providencia with partner and some friends and had a really nice and relaxing time! The rooms were nice, and the ocean view from the room balcony was amazing! The staff was really nice, and the price was more than fair for what we got. The only downside would be the short beach and the fact that there's no restaurant for eating lunch and/or dinner. But overall, it was a very good experience!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Carolina P
Reviewed 20 March 2016

While in San Andres (March 2016), we took the excursion to Providencia by airplane. This is a short 15 minute flight in a small 15 seats plane. The flight was smooth and uneventful.

I was disappointed by my visit of the Island. I am not saying not to go but I think your level of appreciation will depend on your expectations of the place and how much you paid for it. Our travel agency gave us very little information on the place. We didn't know we would be there 3 entire days, 2 nights. We paid quite a bit to visit this Island only to realize there is really not much to do or see for that matter. All 4 adults were all anxious to get back to San Andres. If you do visit this area while staying in San Andres, 1 night & two days would have been plenty of time.

We stayed in the Posada Del Mar hotel. Rated number 1 of I don't know how many on trip advisor.... Every room has a beautiful ocean view. There is no real beach but loungers are scattered on the grounds overlooking the water. The resort pool is beautiful. The water is warm and the flowers and decor makes this a nice spot to hangout. This hotel is very quiet and extremely clean. The furniture is old but I don't care about that so long as it is clean. There is no hot water to shower. But it's so hot, who cares! No hairdryer or shampoos, so bring your own. We got that surprise. TV has Spanish only channles except one English religious biblical channel. Pool towels can be sold to you and room towels cannot be used for swimming so again, bring your own. I wish someone would have told us about this.... Lastly, NO DRINKING WATER IS PROVIDED!!!!! You must find and pay for the basic necessity of drinkable water. To me, this is absolute nonsense. For the very first time in my travel experience, I had to ration my water intake not to go without (as stores are often closed).

Staff:
Very friendly at the hotel. The people on the island are mainly of Jamaican,descent. This was perfect for us as we were able to get by in English. The people in Providencia are so friendly and gladly help you find things and places.

Food:
Our resort had breakfast only included. We assumed it meant breakfast included... Well we ordered our breakfast each and then asked for a plate with fruit to share amongst us. We found out at checkout that you can only order one item each, everything else is considered extra. Would have been nice to know in advance. On a positive note, the breakfast at our resort was delicious. The home made bread is to die for and all fruit juices are freshly pressed.

So you are left fo fend for yourself to find lunch and supper. Good luck with that! Pls be advised that all the residents of the island have their own opening hours. It's hilarious really. Stores and restaurants are just closed at the oddest times. Everything is closed from noon to three pm. We ended skipping lunch as we couldn't find a place that was opened and ate at a pizza joint across our hotel for supper. Pizza was yummy though. I also recommend miss Elma for supper, but not for lunch. Anyhow, bring snacks cause everything costs a fortune on this Island. I honestly am used to better quality food than I found on this island.

The island has beautiful views, lush gardens and large mountains. You have to rent a motor bike or a golf cart to get around. We snorkelled at Catalina Island and walked or should I say hiked to Morgan's head. Oh my goodness, wear good shoes. My flip flops didn't cut it. You can hike a trail up a mountain 7km. But it was just too hot, so we didn't get to do it. I hear it's worth the effort though.

All in all this island is for calm relaxing resting. It is a peaceful area. The scenery is gorgeous. I am glad we saw it, bit will not be going back. I rated the hotel a 4* as it is clean and those views of the water are so beautiful. I believe my travel agency should have provided us with important details, but that is in no way the hotels fault.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
7  Thank Copci
Reviewed 9 March 2016

This is a very nice hotel located right on the water. Staff are friendly. Breakfast is good. There is a great swimming pool. It is clean. Winston is particularly helpful, knowledgable, and eager to help. My only suggestion is that the hotel prepare a notebook that describes the tour and snorkeling options, includes a map, and a list of restaurants. That way, the information would be readily available when Winston is not around.

Room Tip: Try to get an upstairs room. Fewer mosquitos in the evening.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2015 via mobile

We had a great time. The hotel is great, people are super friendly.
The scuba diving is awesome, snorkeling is also great. Rent a scooter for a whole day it will cost you $50.000 which is $20us with the scooter you will be able to go around the island, explore, stop wherever you feel and snorkel or just chill.
Restaurants are close by and food is excellent, by the hotel you have pizza, that you will love after a few days eating fish. They also have a delicious ceviche yum.
There is a restaurant near by, and the food is also really really good.
If you want or are thinking on visiting San Andres, we suggest you to invest you time and money in Providencia.
Totally recommended.